新概念英语:听力《童话镇》证据与信仰讲解
2024.03.21 09:08

  重点讲解

  1. partial:热爱;钟爱

  eg. I'm not partial to mushrooms.

  我不太爱吃蘑菇。

  2. bring sth to light:揭露;披露;暴露;揭发

  eg. These facts have only just been brought to light.

  这些事实刚刚才被披露出来。

  对话部分

  Writer: You're upset about your teacher, aren't you?

  你为你老师的事情难过呢 是吗?

  Henry: She didn't do it.Why can't anyone see it?

  不是她干的 为什么大家都看不出呢?

  Writer: Cause most people just see what's right in front of them.And I don't think you're gonna find the answers you want at the bottom of that mug.

  因为大多数人只看得见摆在眼前的事情 而且我想你在那个杯子的杯底也找不到你要的答案。

  Henry: Then where?

  那在哪能找到?

  Writer: That book in your bag?

  你包里的那本书?

  Writer: You know I'm a writer.So I'm partial finding my answers in the literary form.

  你知道我是个作家 所以我倾向于从文字中寻找答案。

  Henry: It's just a book.

  这只不过是本书。

  Writer: Is it?

  是吗?

  Henry: Yeah.

  是的。

  Writer: I think we both know that's not the case.

  我想我们都知道不止如此。

  Writer: Can I get a water please?

  麻烦给我杯水?

  Henry: What do you know about it?

  关于这本书 你知道些什么?

  Writer: I know it's a book of stories.

  我知道这是一本故事书。

  Henry: Aren't all books?

  哪本书不是呢?

  Writer: Stories... that really happened.

  真实发生过的故事。

  Henry: You think my book is real?

  你觉得我的书是真的?

  Writer: As real as I am.

  和我一样真实。

  Henry: How do you know?

  你怎么知道的?

  Writer: Let's just say that, uh...I'm a believer,and I want to help others see the light.That, my friend, that's why I'm here.

  这样说吧...我是信徒 我想帮其他人看清真相 我的朋友 这就是我来这儿的目的。

  Henry: But I already believe.

  但我已经相信了啊。

  Writer: Oh, I'm not here for you, buddy.I'm here for Emma.

  伙计 我可不是为你而来 我是为艾玛而来。

  Henry: So you want to get her to believe? Why don't you just tell her?

  这么说你是想让她相信吗 你为什么不直接告诉她?

  Writer: Well, there are some people like you and me We can go on faith, but others, like Emma, they need proof.

  有一些人 比如你我 我们能依靠信仰 但其他人 比如艾玛 却需要证据。

MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved