重点讲解
1. have an affair with:(尤指已婚男女的)私通,风流韵事
eg. She is having an affair with her boss.
她跟老板有暧昧关系。
2. innocent of sth:无辜的;清白的;无罪的
eg. They have imprisoned an innocent man.
They have imprisoned an innocent man.
对话部分
Mayor: Hello, Ms. Blanchard,
你好,布兰切特女士,
Margaret:What is she doing here?
她在这做什么?
Emma: She asked to be here as a third party to make sure that I stay impartial.
她要求作为第三方在场以确保我能公正不阿。
Emma:It can only help you.
这样对你有利。
Margaret:I have nothing to hide.Ask me anything.
我没什么要隐瞒的 随便问吧。
Emma:The heart was found buried near the old toll bridge.It had been cut out by what appears to be a hunting knife. Have you ever been to that bridge before?
心脏被人埋在老收费桥附近 看起来是用猎刀割下来的 你曾经去过那座桥吗?
Margaret:Yes. Many times. It's where David and I liked to meet.
去过 很多次 那是我和戴维的“老地方”。
Emma:Mr. Nolan?
诺兰先生?
Margaret:Yes.
对。
Emma:And you met there... for what purpose?
你们见面...是出于什么理由?
Margaret:We were having an affair.I'm not proud of what happened.And I'm sorry, but that doesn't change the fact that I did not kill Kathryn.
我们在私会 我并不为我们的事感到自豪 我很抱歉 可是事实就是事实我没有杀死凯思琳。
Emma:Ever seen this before?
你见过这个吗?
Margaret:Yes. It's my jewelry box.
见过 是我的首饰盒。
Emma:That's what we found the heart in.
心脏就是装在这个里面的。
Margaret:Don't you see what's happening here? Someone stole that box and put the heart in it.I didn't have anything to do with it. I'm innocent!
你们还不明白吗 有人把我的盒子偷走 把心脏装在里面 这和我无关 我是无辜的。
Mayor: Ms. Blanchard, it's okay.I know what you're going through. I know what it's like to lose someone you love, to be publicly humiliated. It put me in a very dark place, changed me.
布兰切特女士 没事的 我理解你的心情 我知道失去挚爱的人是什么滋味 当众受人羞辱是什么滋味 痛苦让我身陷阴霾 改变了我。