重点讲解
1. trade in sth with sb:做买卖;做生意;从事贸易
eg. The firm openly traded in arms.
这家公司公开买卖军火。
2. drop out of sth:不再参加;退出;脱离
eg. He has dropped out of active politics.
他已不再积极参政了。
对话部分
Emma:Hey, mind if I join you? So what the hell is Miners Day, and why are you beating yourself up over it?
我能跟你一起走吗?矿工日到底是什么 你干嘛为此这么费心?
Margaret:It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal.
这是一年一度的传统节日 修女们曾经制作蜡烛来跟矿工们交换燃煤。
Emma:Coal? In Maine? If they were mining for lobster, I'd understand.
缅因州还有煤矿 要是矿里产龙虾 那还差不多。
Margaret:Look, I don't know. Now they use it as a fund-raiser. It's an amazing party. Everyone loves it.
我也不知道 现在就是一个慈善募款会 是个盛大的聚会 大家都很喜欢。
Emma:It doesn't seem like everyone loves it.
他们看着不像喜欢的样子。
Margaret:It's not Miners Day. It's me. Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week, they all dropped out.
不是不喜欢矿工日 是不喜欢我 上周有十个志愿者 这周都退出了。
Emma:You think this is about what happened with David?
你觉得这跟你和戴维的事有关?
Margaret:Oh, I know it is. A few of them told me as much. I've never... been a homewrecker before.
我知道就是 有几个志愿者就这么跟我说的 我还从来没有做过小三呢。
Emma:It's gonna blow over. You made a mistake with David. It happens. But you don't have to do charity to try to win people's hearts back.
事情会过去的 你看错了戴维 这是人之常情 你不必做慈善事业来赢得人们的尊重。
Margaret:I have to do something. And this is the best I can do.
我总得做点什么 我也只能做这些了。
Margaret:Love ruined my life.
爱情毁了我的生活。
Emma:Sheriff Swan. Yeah. I'll be right down.
我是斯旺警长 好 我马上就到。
Emma:Well, apparently, duty calls. Hang in there. And if there's anything I can do to help, I will.
我有案要办了 别灰心 我要是能帮上忙肯定帮你。
Margaret:I know. Thank you.
我知道 谢谢。