重点讲解
1. at stake:成败难料;得失都可能;有风险
eg. We cannot afford to take risks when peoples' lives are at stake.
现在人命交关,不容我们有闪失。
2. trap:使落入险境;使陷入困境
eg. They were trapped in the burning building.
他们被困在燃烧着的楼房里。
对话部分
James:Water from Lake Nostos, as requested.
纳斯托斯湖的湖水 依你所求。
Abigail:Remarkable! But how did you manage to slay the beast?
不可思议 你是如何战胜水怪的?
James:Oh, the fate of your true love was at stake, and it was a battle I couldn't afford to lose.
事关你爱人的命运 这是场绝不能输的战役。
Abigail'lover:Abigail, what happened to me?
艾比盖尔 我出什么事了?
Abigail:You were trapped, but now you're free.
你被困住了 但你现在自由了。
Abigail:This is James. He's the one who freed you.
他是詹姆斯 就是他让你重获自由。
Abigail'lover:I am forever indebted to you.
你的恩情我永世都无法还清了。
James:Well, pay me back by walking down the aisle... with someone you truly belong with.
若想回报我 就与你真心所爱之人 步入婚姻的殿堂吧。
James:And perhaps giving me a horse and supplies for a journey as well.
或许还可以送我一匹马和一些远行的物品。
Abigail'lover:Done.
没问题。
Abigail:Thank you... so much.
谢谢...非常感谢。