新概念英语:听力《童话镇》玛丽请律师讲解
2024.04.02 20:37

  重点讲解

  1. well advised:审慎;稳妥

  eg. You would be well advised to tackle this problem urgently.

  你还是抓紧处理这个问题为好。

  2. persuade:劝说;说服

  eg. Try to persuade him to come.

  尽量劝他来。

  对话部分

  Emma:Mr.Gold. What are you doing here?

  戈登先生 你在这里干嘛?

  Mr.Gold:Offering my legal services.

  提供法律服务。

  Emma:You're a lawyer?

  你是律师吗?

  Mr.Gold:Ever wondered why I was so adept at contracts? I've been following the details of your case, Ms. Blanchard.And I think you'd be welladvised to bring me on as your counsel.

  你就没想过我写合同怎么如此信手拈来 我一直在留意你案件的详情 布兰切特女士 我认为你雇我做你的律师将是明智之举。

  Margaret:And why is that?

  为什么?

  Mr.Gold:Well, because the sheriff had me arrested for nearly beating a man to death,and I managed to persuade the judge to drop the charges.

  警长曾逮捕过我 因为我几乎打死一个人 而我成功说服法官撤诉。

  Emma:Asserting your influence isn't what's needed here.We need to find the truth.

  我们不需要你展示自己的影响力 我们需要查明真相。

  Mr.Gold:Exerting influence may be exactly what's needed here.

  发挥影响力也许正是你们需要的。

  Emma:What's needed here is for me to do my job.

  我们需要的是我尽职查案。

  Mr.Gold:Well, no one's stopping you. I'm only here to help.

  没人拦着你啊 我只是来帮忙的。

  Margaret:Enough. Please go.

  别吵了 请你离开。

  Emma:You heard her.

  你听到了吧。

  Margaret:No, I was talking to you.

  不 我是和你说的。

  Margaret:Oh, Emma, he's right. I need help.And you need to do your job, or else I'm screwed.So just please, do your job the best you can, and you'll prove me innocent.Until you do, I need some practical help.

  艾玛 他说的对 我需要帮助 你得好好查案 否则我就完了 所以 拜托 尽全力查明真相 你能证明我的清白 在此之前 我需要点实际帮助。

  Mr.Gold:Trust me.This is in Ms. Blanchard's best interests. Good luck, Mary Margaret.

  相信我 这是为了布兰切特女士好 玛丽·玛格丽特 祝你好运。

  Emma:I hope your best interests are what he's looking out for.

  我希望他这么做 真的是为了你好。

MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved