新概念英语:听力《童话镇》戴维的嫌疑讲解
2024.02.06 18:49

  重点讲解

  1. give sb a break:给某人一次机会;不苛求某人

  eg. Give the lad a break—it's only his second day on the job.

  给这小伙子一次机会——他上工才第二天。

  2. leeway:自由活动的空间

  eg. How much leeway should parents give their children?

  父母应该给孩子留多少自由的空间?

  对话部分

  Leroy:Ask your landlord to cut you a break.

  请求你们的房东给些宽限。

  Sister Astrid:Oh. Mr. Gold doesn't offer much leeway.

  戈登先生从来不给我们商量的余地。

  Leroy:Mr. Gold's your landlord?

  戈登先生是你们的房东吗?

  Sister Astrid:If we miss a payment, we're out. And then they'll reassign us, and we'll have to leave Storybrooke.

  如果我们付不上房租 我们就必须离开 我们会被重新分配 那么我们就必须离开童话镇。

  Leroy:No, you won't. You know why you only sold forty-two last year? Because you didn't have me. This year we're going to sell all of them.

  不 你们不会 你知道你们去年为什么只卖了四十二支蜡烛吗 因为没有我 今年我们能卖掉所有蜡烛。

  Sister Astrid:Leroy, I guess you really are my hero.

  勒罗伊 也许你真是我的英雄。

  David:She's just gone?

  她就这么走了吗?

  Emma:You really don't know anything, do you?

  你真的完全不知情 是吗?

  David:I—I don't I don't understand. Whwhat happened?

  我 我不明白 发生什么了?

  Emma:I don't know. I'm trying to find out.

  我不知道 我也在调查。

  Emma:What can you tell me?

  你能提供什么信息吗?

  Emma:When was the last time you spoke to Kathryn?

  你最后一次和凯思琳说话是什么时候?

  David:Yesterday afternoon.

  昨天下午。

  Emma:Okay, look, I know there has been lies and deceit, and I'm really not judging you, but is that the truth?

  我知道你说过谎 骗过人 我不是想指责你 但是你说的是实话吗?

  David:Yes. I haven't spoken to her since we... I ended things.

  是的 我最后和她说话时我们... 我跟她分手的时候。

  David:And I came home yesterday, and all her things were gone. I assumed she was going to Boston. That's what she told me. Am I a suspect or something?

  我昨天回家的时候 她的东西都没有了 我以为她去了波士顿 她是这么跟我说的 我现在是疑犯了吗?

  Emma:No. I know when people are telling the truth, David, and you are. She hasn't even been gone twenty-four hours. She's not even technically missing. But if she is, trust me, I will find her.

  不 别人对我说实话我看得出 戴维 你说的是实话 她离开还没到二十四个小时 还不能算是失踪 但如果她真的失踪了 相信我 我会找到她的。


MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved