重点讲解
1. owe sth to sb:欠(情)
eg. You owe it to your staff to be honest with them.
与下属坦诚相待,这是你对他们应有的态度。
2. optimistic (about sth) :乐观的;抱乐观看法的
eg. They are cautiously optimistic that the reforms will take place.
他们对是否实行改革表示审慎的乐观。
对话部分
Emma: You're gonna come in?
你不进来吗?
Emma: I thought you wanted that drink.
你不是想和我喝一杯吗。
The writer:I do, but I didn't say here. Hop on.
的确 但没说在这里 上来。
Emma: You want me to get on the back of that bike?
你想让我坐你摩托后座?
The writer:That's what "Hop on" Means.
那就是"上来"的意思。
Emma: How about if we go somewhere, I drive?
我们要去哪里 我来开车如何?
The writer:How about you stop having to control everything and take a leap of faith?
不如你别什么都得说了算 相信我 放手一搏?
The writer:You owe me a drink. Hop on. I know a good watering hole.
你欠我一杯酒 上来 我带你去个水井[酒馆]。
Emma:If you don't, I will.
如果你不上 我就要上了。
Emma: A watering hole, literally?
还真是一口水井[酒馆]?
The writer:Well, say what you want about me. I always tell the truth.
随便你怎么看我 但我从不撒谎。
Emma: I just thought a drink was, like, wine or whiskey.
我以为喝一杯是指红酒或者威士忌之类的。
The writer:What, do you want me to get you drunk?
你想我把你灌醉吗?
Emma: No.
不想。
The writer:Next time.
下次吧。
Emma: You are optimistic.
你这人蛮乐观的。
The writer:They say there's something special about this well.
据说 这口井很特别。
The writer:There's even a legend.
甚至有一个关于它的传说。
The writer:They say that the water from the well is fed by an underground lake, and that lake has magical properties.
他们说井里的水源自于一个地下湖 那是个有魔力的湖泊。
Emma: Magic? You sound like Henry.
魔力 你说话真像亨利。
The writer:Smart kid.
聪明的孩子。
The writer:So this legendit says that if you drink the water from the well, something lost will be returned to you.
根据这个传说 假如你喝了井水 失去的东西就会回来。