新概念英语:听力《童话镇》戈登的计划讲解
2024.05.11 14:40

  重点讲解

  1. other than:除…以外

  eg. We're going away in June but other than that I'll be here all summer.

  我们六月份外出;除此以外,我整个夏天都在这里。

  2. hold onto:(替别人或更长时间地)保存某物

  eg. I'll hold onto your mail for you until you get back.

  你回来之前我将一直替你保管邮件。

  对话部分

  Mr. Gold:Remembering things past?

  睹物思人呢?

  Mayor: What do you want?

  你来干什么?

  Mr. Gold:I need a favor.

  求你帮个忙。

  Mayor: You need a favor from me?

  你需要我帮忙?

  Mr. Gold:Well, as you know, there are battery charges against me pending.

  你也知道 我被控殴打伤人 案件仍在审理。

  Mr. Gold:I really don't relish the thought of spending any more time locked up in a cage.

  我真是不想 再被人关起来了。

  Mr. Gold:Now someone with your influence can make the D.A. suddenly realize what a flimsy case they have.

  不过像你这样有权有势的人 可以说服区检官 这个案子是站不住脚的。

  Mr. Gold:Isn't that right... Your Majesty?

  你说是不是 陛下?

  Mayor: What do I get out of it?

  这对我有什么好处?

  Mr. Gold:Help with your Mary Margaret problem.

  我可以帮你解决玛丽·玛格丽特。

  Mr. Gold:You see, I've noticed that no matter how hard you seem to try to stop them,she and her charming friend just keep finding ways to be together.

  我发现不管你如何努力阻止他们,她和她的白马王子总有办法走到一起。

  Mayor: What are you suggesting?

  你有什么主意?

  Mr. Gold:If you want to inflict pain... then you must inflict pain.

  想使人痛苦 就得制造磨难。

  Mr. Gold:If something tragic... were to happen to David's wife, and if Mary Margaret should take the blame

  如果戴维的妻子 发生了不幸 而责任又在玛丽·玛格丽特。

  Mayor: She'd be ruined.

  那她就完了。

  Mr. Gold:And you'd have your victory, at last.

  而您也可以最终 获得胜利。

MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved