新概念英语:听力《童话镇》戴维请求见玛丽讲解
2024.05.10 14:41

  重点讲解

  1. guilty of sth:犯了罪;有过失的;有罪责的

  eg. The jury found the defendant not guilty of the offence.

  陪审团裁决被告无罪。

  2. miracle:奇迹;不平凡的事

  eg. It would take a miracle to make this business profitable.

  让这个公司赢利简直是天方夜谭。

  对话部分

  David:Emma.

  艾玛。

  Emma:David, I don't have time.

  戴维 我赶时间。

  David:No, II understand.

  我知道。

  David:It's Mary Margaret. How's she doing?

  我想问问玛丽·玛格丽特 她还好吗?

  Emma:How do you think she's doing?

  你觉得她能好到哪去?

  David:Well, I think the last time we spoke, she didn't quite get what I meant.

  我觉得我们上次说话时 她误解了我的意思。

  Emma:Oh, you mean that you basically told her you thought she might be guilty?

  你是指 你基本上告诉她 你认为她是凶手的话吗?

  David:Look, it's this situation.

  这几天发生的事。

  David:It's been confusing and horrible for everyone.

  扑朔迷离 所有人都觉得很糟糕。

  David:But, Emma, I don't think she's guilty.

  可是 艾玛 我不认为她是凶手。

  David:I need her to know that.

  我想让她知道。

  David:Can I see her?

  我能见见她吗?

  Emma:She doesn't want visitors.

  她不想见任何人。

  David:You mean me. She doesn't want to see me.

  "任何人"就是我吧 她不想见我。

  Emma:Honestly, David, I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but the last thing she needs right now is words of encouragement from you.

  说真的 戴维 我相信你是好心 可目前她最不想要的就是你对她的"鼓励"。

  David:What does she need?

  那她需要什么?

  Emma:A miracle.

  奇迹。

  Mayor: They say only the guilty sleep in prison.

  常言道 只有罪犯才会在狱中安睡。

  Mary: What are you doing here?

  你来这干什么?

  Mary: Where's Emma? She hasn't arrived yet.

  艾玛呢 她还没来。

  Mayor: I just wanted to stop by to offer you a chance.

  我只是想来给你一个机会。

  Mayor: A chance to spare yourself and this town the messiness of a trial,the chance to confess.

  让你和小镇不必经历审判的麻烦让你坦白从宽。

  Mary: But I didn't kill Kathryn.

  可我没有杀凯思琳。

  Mary: Why won't anyone believe me?

  为什么没有人相信我?

  Mayor: The murder weapon was found in your apartment.

  凶器是在你家找到的。

  Mayor: Your fingerprint was on the box containing Kathryn's heart.

  装凯思琳心脏的盒子上有你的指纹。

  Mayor: Shall I go on?

  还要我继续吗?

MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved