重点讲解
1. poverty:贫穷;贫困
eg. Many elderly people live in poverty.
许多老年人生活于贫困之中。
2. hang sth up (informal):终止使用某物
eg. Ruth has hung up her dancing shoes.
鲁思已挂起舞鞋退出舞台了。
对话部分
Regina: I'd like to say you're looking well, Jefferson, but I'd be lying.Poverty doesn't suit you.
我想说你气色不错 杰弗森 但那无疑是谎话 贫穷并不适合你。
Jefferson: What are you doing here, Regina?
你来这里干什么 瑞金娜?
Regina: I have a job for you.
我有份工作要给你。
Jefferson: I don't do that anymore.
我不再做那个了。
Regina: Yes, I heard you hung up your hat. Why? Is it because of your sweet daughter Grace?
是的 我听说你"挂帽"了 为什么 是因为你那可爱的女儿格蕾丝吗?
Jefferson: Because of my work, she lost her mother.I don't want her to lose her father, too.
因为我的工作 她失去了母亲 我不想让她再失去父亲。
Regina: So now you're foraging for fungus.What kind of future does your daughter have here with you?
所以现在你以寻菌类为生吗 和你待在这儿 你女儿又会有怎样的未来?
Regina: Do this one last favor for me, and you can give her the life she deserves.
再最后帮我这一次 你就能给女儿她应得的生活了。
Jefferson: That's why I'm staying.You don't abandon family.That's... what she deserves. Now please leave.
这就是我待在这里的原因 对家人不离不弃 那才是她...应得的 现在请你离开。
Regina: All I need is your special skills to get me somewhere.Somewhere you've been before.
我只需借你特殊的技艺带我去个地方 一个你以前就去过的地方。
Regina: Do it, and I can change your life.
只要帮我 我就能改变你的生活。
Jefferson: What business could you possibly have there?
你去那里要做什么?
Jefferson: Something of mine was taken and found its way over there.I want it back.
我有样东西被人夺去 流落到了那里 我想把它找回来。
Regina: Then find someone else to get it.
那就找别人去取吧。