重点讲解
1. figure out:计划;打算;预料到
eg. I hadn't figured on getting home so late.
我没有估计到这么晚才回到家。
2. in the act (of doing sth):正在(做某事);当场
eg. He was caught in the act of stealing a car.
他偷汽车时被当场逮个正着。
对话部分
Margaret: Yeah, well, buses out of town don't really happen. And you might want a destination first.Hey, if you need a place to figure things out, you could always come home with us.
但是 没有出镇的公交啊 况且你得先定下目的地 如果你想要找个地方冷静一下 你可以去我们家。
Emma: Just for a little while.
暂时的。
Man: Come on.
来吧。
Man: The one thing I know is that last night was the very last massacre. You know, if I had stayed with that party for another ten minutes, I, too, would be among the dead. And when I think if I'd only doubled back, maybe I could've caught it in the act. Maybe I would've been able to slay the creature.
我只知道昨晚是它最后一次屠杀生灵了 如果我在聚会上再待十分钟 我也是死人一个了 但我又想 如果我原路返回 也许 我能抓它个正着 也许 我就能杀死那个畜生。
Widow Lucas:You would not.
你不会。
Man: Widow Lucas.
寡妇卢卡斯。
Widow Lucas:This creature is more powerful than you can imagine. You wouldn't have a chance. Stay inside. Hide your children. Forget your livestock.
这畜生比你想象的要厉害多了 你根本不是对手 待在屋子里 藏好你们的孩子 别管你们的家畜。
Man: You've said all this before.
你之前也这么说过。
Widow Lucas:But I haven't said how I know.
但我没说过我是怎么知道的。