新概念英语:听力《童话镇》蓄意纵火讲解
2023.12.02 18:54

  重点讲解

  1. troubled:动乱的,不安的;混乱的;困惑的

  eg. He limped off the track, obviously being troubled by a foot injury.

  他一拐一拐的走出赛道,显然是受到足伤的影响。

  2. decision:决定,决心;决议

  eg. Eternity is not a distance but a decision.

  永远不是一种间隔,而是一种决策。

  对话部分

  Host: Tragedy has brought us here, but we are faced with this decision,and now we ask only that you listen with an open mindand to please vote your conscience.

  一场悲剧把我们聚在了这里 但我们有一个重要决定需要做出,希望你们能以开放的态度倾听此次演讲,投出诚实的一票。

  Host: So without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the candidates Sidney Glass and Emma Swan.

  如果没有疑问的话 我想介绍一下 我们的候选人 西德尼·格拉斯和艾玛·斯旺。

  Host: Glass. Swan.

  格拉斯 斯旺。

  Host: Sounds like something that a decorator would make you buy.

  听起来像室内设计师会推荐你们买的东西。

  Host: Wow. Crickets. Okay, uh...

  呃 小蟋蟀 好吧……

  Sidney: Uh, Mr. Glass, your opening statement.

  格拉斯先生 你的开场白。

  Sidney: I just want to say that if elected,I want to serve as a reflection of the best qualities of Storybrookehonesty, neighborliness and strength.

  我只想说 如果我被选上,我的行为将代表童话镇最优秀的品质诚实,和睦和力量。

  Sidney: Thank you.

  谢谢大家。

  Host: And Emma Swan.

  轮到艾玛·斯旺。

  Emma: You guys all know I have what they call a, uh, troubled past,but you've been able to overlook it because of the, um.hero thing.

  你们都知道我有人们管它叫 混乱的过去,但是你们能够不计前嫌因为我英勇的行为。

  Emma: But here's the thing,the fire was a setup.

  但真相是,火灾是有人蓄意而为。

  Emma: Mr. Gold agreed to support me in this race,but I didn't know that that meant he was going to set a fire.

  戈登先生同意支持我,但我不知道他会放火。

  Emma: I don't have definitive evidence,but I'm sure.

  我没有确切的证据,但我很肯定。

  Emma: And the worst part of all this was...

  最糟糕的是……

  Emma: The worst part of all this is,I let you all think it was real.

  最糟糕的部分是我让你们相信那是意外。

  Emma: And I can't win that way. I'm sorry.

  我不能这样获胜 对不起。

  Bartender:Another?

  再来一杯吗?

  Emma: Oh, hell, yes.

  绝对要的。

  Emma: Hey, Henry.

  嗨 亨利。

  Emma: What's this for?

  为什么给我这个?

  Henry: You stood up to Mr. Gold.

  你反抗了戈登先生。

  Henry: It's pretty amazing.

  很了不起。

  Henry: He did something illegal.

  他违法了。


MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved