重点讲解
1. check:核对无误;将军(象棋);证明无误
eg. Check the status of your email server.
检查电子邮件服务器的状态。
2. transfer:转让;使转移;传递;调任
eg. They promote or transfer employees on the basis of seniority.
他们是根据资历对员工进行提升或调任。
对话部分
Queen: And how do you see me?
你如何看我?
Man: As the fairest in all the land.
你是这世上最美的人。
Emma: When did that transfer go through?
转账是什么时候的事?
Emma: Does three weeks ago sound right?
大约三周前吗?
Sidney:Yeah. Why?
是的 怎么了?
Emma: Because those records are missing.
那些记录不见了。
Margaret:Emma, there's something I'd like to talk to
艾玛 我有点事想和你...
Margaret:Hi, Sidney.
你好 西德尼。
Emma: Hey. We're just doing some work.
我们在查些东西。
Emma: I think we may have found something on Regina.
我们可能抓到了瑞金娜的小辫子。
Margaret:Interesting work.
真是有趣的工作。
Emma: Oh, I approve.
我没意见。
Sidney:You wanna go by the book? Let's get a warrant.
你想按章办事吗 那去申请搜查令吧。
Emma: What judge are we gonna find that she doesn't own?
我们该找谁 哪个法官不听命于她?
Sidney:We're screwed.
我们没戏了。
Sidney:Or... there's my way.
或者用我的办法。
Emma: I want to do this right, Sidney.
我想正当地解决这件事 西德尼。
Emma: And what's right is exposing her.
揭露她的行径才是正当的事。
Sidney:Sometimes doing a bad thing for a good reason is okay, right?
有时候为了正当的理由做点坏事也没关系吧?
Margaret:Yeah. I mean, maybe you're doing something wrong,but if it's what's meant to be, if it's what's right,does that really make you a bad person?
没错 也许你的行为是不对的,但如果这是注定要发生的 如果这是该发生的,你这么做难道就是坏人吗?
Sidney:Exactly.
完全正确。
Emma: Wow. You two are doing a whole lot of rationalizing.
你们俩为这事可找了不少正当借口。
Sidney:But look what she's done to you, to me, to your son, and it's not gonna stop,so whatever you do, you gotta do something.
看看她对你 对我 对你儿子所做的事 而且她不会停下,所以无论如何 你都要做些什么。
Emma: Let's start by talking to her.
那我们先和她谈谈。
Mayor: And just what are you and the...disgraced ex-reporter accusing me of?
所以你和这位...被炒掉的记者对我有什么意见?
Emma: $50,000 was transferred out of the city account by you.
你从镇政府的户头里转走了五万美元。
Mayor:Well, as Mayor, I'm involved in many transactions.
作为镇长 我可是日理万机。
Mayor:Check the public records if you have questions.
要是有疑问就去查公共记录。
Emma: That's the thing. They're missing from three weeks ago.
问题就在这儿 三周前的记录不见了。
Emma: You have any idea what happened to them?
你知道它们去哪了吗?
Mayor:Well, if they're missing, I probably checked them out,as my job often requires me to do.
如果它们不见了 可能是我拿走翻看了,因为这是我的职责所在。
Mayor:And if they were checked out three weeks ago,well, that means they burned in a fire.
但如果是我三周前取出来看的,那就意味着记录在一场大火中 被烧毁了。
Mayor:In a fire, that if I recall, got you elected sheriff.
我没记错的话 这场火令你当选为警长。
Mayor:I have nothing to hide.
我没什么可隐瞒的。
Emma: Okay.
好吧。
Emma: There's nothing for us to do. Let's go, Sidney.
我们没什么能做的了 走吧 西德尼。
Sidney:Emma.
艾玛。
Emma: No, she's right. We have nothing.
她说得对 我们一无所获。
Sidney:That was your plan? I thought you were gonna do something.
这就是你的计划 还以为你要做什么呢。
Emma: I did. I planted a bug.
我做了 我装了个窃听器。
Emma: You win, Sidney. Let's do whatever it takes.
你赢了西德尼 我们要不择手段。
Man: You called for me, your majesty?
您召见我吗 陛下?
King: I have reason to believe...
我有理由认为...
King: My wife's heart belongs to another man.
我妻子爱上了别的男人。
Man: Well, certainly, the queen would never stray, your majesty.
皇后肯定不会误入歧途的 陛下。
King: And yet her diary suggests otherwise.
但她的日记可不是这么写的。