重点讲解
1. payment:付款,支付;报酬,报答;偿还;惩罚,报应
eg. Now what about the term of payment?
现在我们谈一下付款条件吧。
2. funds:资金,现金(fund的复数);基金
eg. Many people know that hedge funds are investments for the wealthy.
许多人都知道套期保值资金是对财富的投资。
对话部分
Queen: Last night, a man gave me a gift,and though it was but a simple mirror,it awakened feelings in me that I abandoned long ago.
昨晚 有人送了我一个礼物,尽管只是一个普通的镜子,却唤醒了我心中沉睡已久的感觉。
Queen: Hope for love and companionship,even though I am trapped in my husband's court.
对相爱与相守的渴望,尽管我被囚禁在我丈夫的宫廷中。
King: Sadly, the diary does not name the man who gave her this mirror.
很可惜 日记里没有提到送给她这面镜子的人的名字。
King: I am not a fool.
我不是傻瓜。
King: I realize that the queen is unhappy and yearns for someone to love her in a way that I never can.
我知道皇后并不幸福,渴望有人能给她 我给不了的爱。
King: And yet I never imagined that she would betray me like this.
但我从没想过 她会这样背叛我。
Man: Well, certainly, the queen would never act on these feelings.
毫无疑问 皇后绝不会为这份感情而做什么出格的事。
King: Love makes people do foolish things.
爱让人做出傻事。
Man: And why have you called upon me, your majesty?
陛下 您找我有何事?
King: I need someone with your wits to learn the identity of the man who has stolen my wife's heart.
我需要你这样的聪明人去查出是谁偷了我妻子的心。
Man: And what will you do to him once I have found him?
如果我找到他了 你准备怎么处置呢?
King: That is my concern, not yours.
那是我的事 与你无关。
King: Now tell me, Genie,can you find the man who gave the queen this mirror or not?
现在灯神告诉我,你能找到送镜子给王后的人吗 办得到吗?
Mayor: Ms. Ginger, I really don't have time for more complaints about working conditions.
金杰女士 我真的没时间继续听你抱怨工作环境了。
Ms. Ginger: The air temperature is not one of my areas.
气温不是我的管辖范围。
Emma: Scintillating.
真会说话。
Emma: Find anything good yet?
找到有用的东西了吗?
Sidney:Yeah, better than good.
找到了 非常有用。
Sidney:She made this call a little over an hour ago.
一个多小时前 她打了这个电话。
Mayor: I'll meet you tonight at access road 23 with the rest of your payment.
今晚在23号通道见 我会带上余款。
Mayor: Yes, it will all be in cash.
是的 全部以现金交易。
Mayor: And I don't need to remind you that no one can know about this.
不用我多说这件事不会有人知道。
Mayor: Yes, I know it has to be tonight.
是的 我知道一定要在今晚。
Emma: Who's on the other end?
电话那头是谁?
Sidney:You bugged the office, not the phone.
你在办公室装了窃听器 不是在电话上。
Emma: Well, we're just gonna have to find out. Yeah.
我们得去查查了 是的。
Emma: A payoff in the woods. That's promising.
在树林里结算 有好戏了。
Sidney:A payoff using stolen city funds.
挪用公款给他人付钱。
Emma: Let's go find out who she's meeting.
我们去看看她要见谁吧。
Sidney:Emma.
艾玛。
Emma: It won't stop.
停不下来了。
Sidney:Oh. You okay?
你没事吧?
Emma: Yeah. You?
没事 你呢?