重点讲解
1. benefacto:恩人;捐助者;施主
eg. There is nothing more despicable than betraying a benefactor.
没有什麽比背叛一个恩人更卑劣的了。
2. appropriate:适当的
eg. That selfish student always appropriates the biggest bookcase and desk.
那个自私的学生总是占用最大的书橱和书桌。
对话部分
Papa: I don't have any money to pay you.
我没有钱来回报你。
Beggar:I can think of another way.
你可以用别的方式报答我。
Beggar:You just feed me whatever you can spare,and I'll find a way to be your benefactor.
你有什么剩饭剩菜给我点我会想办法帮助你。
Mayor: Everyone deserves to feel safe in their own homes.
每个人都应该在自己家里有安全感。
Mayor: That's why Sidney Glass is my choice for post of sheriff.
所以我才指派西德尼·格拉斯为新任警长。
Mayor: This man has put the needs of Storybrooke above his own for as long as any of us can remember,as chief editor of the Storybrooke "Daily Mirror."
他作为童话镇《每日镜报》的主编自始至终都把童话镇的利益放在第一位。
Mayor: Please welcome your new sheriff.
现在请欢迎我们的新警长。
Emma: Hang on a second.
等等。
Mayor: Oh, Ms. Swan, this is not appropriate.
斯旺女士 这可不合时宜。
Emma: The only thing not appropriate is this ceremony.
这个仪式才不合时宜。
Emma: She does not have the power to appoint him.
她无权任命警长。
Mayor: The Town Charter clearly states "The Mayor shall appoint"
本镇法律明文规定 镇长有权提名。
Emma: A candidate. You can appoint a candidate.
候选人 你只可以提名候选人。
Emma: It calls for an election.
然后由大家投票决定。
Mayor: The term "candidate" is applied loosely.
关于候选人这一项 执行起来是很宽松的。
Emma: No, it's not. It requires a vote.
不 执行起来很严格 要进行选举。
Emma: And guess what, Madam Mayor I'm running.
镇长女士 我要参加竞选。
Mayor: Fine. So is Sidney.
很好 西德尼也会参加。
Sidney: I am?
我参加吗?
Sidney: I am.
我参加。
Mayor: With my full support.
并有我全力支持。
Mayor: I'll guess we'll learn a little something about the will of the people.
这么看来 我们很快就能对 民心所向略知一二。
Emma: I guess we will.
我看也是。
Papa: Another day gone.
又过了一天。
Papa: There'll be no fleeing now.
现在逃不掉了。
Beggar:No.
是的。
Beggar:You need to find another way.
你需要另想办法。
Beggar:You need to choose a different path.
你需要另选出路。
Papa: Choose?
选择?
Papa: What choice do I have?
我哪有什么选择?
Beggar:Everyone has a choice.
人人都有选择。
Papa: I'm the town...coward.
我是镇上的懦夫。
Papa: The only choice I have...is which corner to hide in.
我唯一能选的……就是何处可以藏身。
Papa: I'm lame...friendless...
我腿瘸……又没有朋友……
Papa: The only thing I've got is my boy...
我只有儿子和我相依为命……
Papa: And they're gonna take him away from me.
他们还要把他从我身边抢走。
Papa: If they take him away, I will truly...truly become dust.
如果他们把他从我身边带走……我就真的没有活着的意义了。
Beggar:Not if you have power.
如果你有力量就可以改变这些。
Papa: You may as well say diamonds.
你怎么不说用钻石可以改变一切呢。
Beggar:Get a hold of yourself.
振作点。
Beggar:Think.
仔细想想。
Beggar:Why do you think that someone as powerful as the dark one would work for a useless fool like the Duke of the Frontlands?
你觉得为什么像黑暗者这么强大的人会给方特兰公爵这种鼠辈效力?
Papa: Tell me.
为什么。
Beggar:The Duke has the dark one in thrall.
黑暗者受到了公爵的束缚。
Beggar:He's enslaved him with the power of a mystical dagger.
他用一把神秘匕首的力量奴役了他。
Beggar:And on the blade is written a name
匕首刃上有一个名字。