原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and his ecology professor.

旁白:请听一段学生和他的生态学教授之间的对话。

Professor: How is it going? Tom.

教授:最近怎么样啊?Tom。

Student: Great! I was, oh. I wanted to tell you.

学生:挺好的!我,哦。我要告诉您一件事。

You know the guest speaker you brought into class last week from the wildlife conservation center.

关于您上周请来课堂的客座老师,从野生动物保护中心请来的那位。

Professor: Susan Brown. Yes. She is an old friend from graduate school.

教授:Susan Brown。是的。她是我研究生的老朋友。

Student: Her talk on wildlife population modeling, well, it was very theoretical.

学生:她讲的野生动物数量模型,嗯,是理论性很强的。

Professor: It was certainly a change of pace from what we usually do.

教授:她所做的和我们通常所做的节奏的确不同。

Student: Yeah, but I think I pretty much followed along.

学生:是的,但是我觉得我的确跟上了她的思路。

Plus, I like to see people get so passionate about ecology.

另外,我喜欢看对于生态学特别有热忱的人。

Professor: Oh, right. Ecology is your major field of study, isn't it?

教授:哦对了。生态学是你的专业领域,是吗?

Yes, Susan Brown's certainly a lively speaker.

是的,Susan Brown毫无疑问是一位有感染力的演讲家。

What a shame she didn't go into teaching.

她不来教学真的太可惜了。

Student: Uh, anyway, what I, well, a while ago, I saw this blurb in the school paper about an exchange program that's part of the study abroad office.

学生:啊,不论如何,一段时间以前,我在学校报纸上看到关于一个交换项目的宣传,这个项目是部分归出国留学办公室管的。

And today there was a booth set up in the student center with a couple of students answering questions about the university's programs in foreign countries.

现在在学生中心建立了一个咨询站,有几个学生在那里解答关于学校出国留学项目的问题。

Seeing the booth reminded me about the article in the paper and...

看到这个咨询站我就想起了报纸上的那片文章……

Professor: Thinking about going abroad in the coming year?

教授:你在考虑明年出国?

Student: Actually I just spent last summer studying in Tokyo.

学生:实际上我上个暑假刚在东京留过学。

I think that satisfied my urge to travel.

我觉得我不是那么想出去了。

Professor: It must've been quite an experience.

教授:那应该是一段难忘的经历。

Student: Definitely. Taking all those language courses was really challenging.

学生:确实是的。学习语言课程就很有挑战性。

But what I wanted to find out at the booth was: it’s...um...a domestic exchange program, not studying abroad, but studying for a year somewhere else here in the United States.

但是我想询问这个咨询站的事情是:这个是……嗯……一个国内交换项目,不是在国外学习,而是在美国某个地方学习一年。

Professor: I don't think I have heard of that.

教授:我好像没听说过这个。

Student: Well, neither had the guys in the booth.

学生:啊,那些咨询站里的人也没有听说过。

They didn't know what I was talking about.

他们不知道我在讲什么。

But when I talked to the supervisor in the study abroad office, it turns out we are part of a... a group of universities throughout the US that does a domestic exchange program.

但是当我去问出国留学办公室的主管时,我发现我们是美国一群有国内交换项目的学校之一。

Professor: Huh! So you spent...what...a year at another university and your classes count toward your degree here?

教授:哈!所以你在另一所大学交流一年,你的课程可以算作你主修学位的学分?

Student: Yeah, and I paid the same fees, tuition, room and board, that I pay here.

学生:是的,我花的钱和这里也一样,学费啦,住宿费啦还有出行费。

So it doesn't really cost any extra.

所以这也不会产生什么多的开支。

Professor: Interesting.

教授:有趣。

Student: And you know I've lived here in southern Florida my whole life.

学生:你知道,我一直待在弗罗里达南部。

And I've always been interested in Montana.

我一直对蒙大纳感兴趣。

The university in Montana, where I want to go, has classes that deal specifically with the ecology there.

我要去的那座蒙大纳的大学针对他们那里的生态环境有具体开设课程。

Like I am interested in the greater yellow stone ecosystem.

就像我感兴趣的黄石生态系统。

It is such an important ecosystem being the source of three major rivers, and I want to learn more about it.

它是三条主要河流的发源地,是重要的生态系统,所以我想去多一些关于它的知识。

Professor: Wow! This is an unique idea.

教授:哇!这是一个特立独行的想法。

The climate, the plants and wildlife, it's really different from here, probably the culture too in a way, and don't forget about all the outdoor activities you could do there, hiking, skiing, and the national parks.

那边的气候、植被和野生动物和我们这里很不一样,可能文化也不一样,而且在那边你还可以做很多户外活动,比如远足啦,滑雪啦,那边还有国家公园。

Student: That's true.

学生:是的。

Anyway I'll have to get my application together in the next month or so, and I'll need two letters of recommendation, one from a professor in my major department.

无论如何我需要下个月之前收集好所有申请的材料,我需要两封推荐信,一封是需要我主修部门的教授写的。

Professor: Consider it done.

教授:肯定会给你写的。

Student: Thanks.

学生:谢谢老师。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:细节题
题干分析:根据 Montana 定位
选项分析:学生表示I've always been interested in Montana... the university in Montana, where I want to go, has classes that deal specifically with the ecology there,。所以他想去这个学校交换。对应B选项
A 选项:原文中没有体现;
BC 选项:都是老师给学生的建议,并不是学生感兴趣的原因,故排除。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 38 Lec 2

下一题

Official 38 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消