原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to part of a conversation between a student and an university librarian.

旁白:下面听一段一个学生和一个大学图书管理员之间的对话的片段。

Student: Mr.Reese.I am Jennifer Lee.

学生:Reese先生,我是Jennifer Lee。

I worked on the photography exhibition last year, the one that was commemorating the university's 100th anniversary.

我是去年摄影展的工作人员,那个纪念学校一百周年的摄影展。

I helped select and display photos for the exhibit.

我那时候帮忙挑选了用于摄影展的照片,并协助了展示。

I helped set it all up, remember?

我准备安排了摄影展,记得吗?

Professor: Oh, sure! You're the photography student that Professor Ryan sent to us.

教授:当然记得。你是Ryan教授介绍给我们的摄影学生。

How have you been?

你最近怎么样?

Student: Good. Thanks.

学生:我挺好的,谢谢你这么问。

And I...uh...well, I was hoping I could talk to you about a job actually.

嗯……我在想我可不可以跟你说一下一件关于工作的事。

Professor: Oh, the job here in our library archive?

教授:哦,你说的是我们图书馆档案室的那份工作?

Ha, that was fast!

你速度真快!

We just posted it yesterday.

我们昨天才贴出告示。

Student: Oh, no. Actually, it's for a photography job in the portrait studio at the mall.

学生:不是,事实上我说的是商场肖像摄影室的有关摄影的那份工作。

Professor: Taking portrait photos?

教授:帮人拍肖像照?

Sounds like a great job for a photography student.

听起来对于摄影学生来说,是一份挺不错的工作。

But how can I help?

但是我能帮到你什么呢?

Student: Well, I went for an interview, but I still need to give them professional references from people I've worked for.

学生:是这样的,我去参加了一次面试,但是我仍然需要向他们提供我工作地方的人的联系方式。

And well, I don't have a lot of work experience.

我没什么工作经验。

But you know, you've...you've seen how...how I helped plan and carry a project through and showed up on time and everything.

但是您看到过我如何协助准备并实施一个项目,并且我每一次上班都非常准时,以及其他的一切事。

So, I was kind of hoping I...you know, I could give them your name as someone they could talk to.

所以,我希望,你知道的,是否能够向他们提供你的名字,方便让他们和您聊聊。

Professor: Of course, we all thought you did a great job.

教授:当然, 我们都觉得你做得非常好。

I remember saying that to Professor Ryan and he thought so too.

我记得我跟Ryan教授这么说过,而且他也这么认为。

I suppose you've already asked him for a recommendation?

你应该已经问过他能不能推荐你了吧?

Student: I have. He's actually the one who convinced me to apply for it.

学生:是的,事实上,是他鼓励我去申请这份工作的。

I wasn't sure I should.

我不知道我该不该听他的。

I mean, having real photography experience would be great for my resume, but...well...I am little concerned about the hours.

我的意思是,如果能够有摄影的工作经验的话,肯定会让我的简历好看些,但是,我就是有点担心时间。

It's ten hours a week, which is fine, but they're all during the daytime.

这份工作的工作时间是一周10个小时,这倒还好。但问题是,这10个小时都是在白天的。

I would have to schedule several classes for the late afternoon and evening.

这就意味着我必须把我的课排在下午比较晚些的时间,或者是晚上。

I am not sure I will be able to do that.

我不知道我能不能够做到这一点。

Professor: Yeah, I see how that could be a problem.

教授:哦,这确实可能是一个问题。

Well, maybe you should consider the job I mentioned.

那么,也许你可以考虑下我刚刚提到的那份工作。

We just got a grant to hire a part-time library assistant for our photography archives.

我们刚得到一笔拨款,可以为我们的摄影档案雇佣一名兼职图书馆助理。

It doesn't involve taking pictures, but it does involve working with pictures, filling requests for specific photos from students and professors.

工作内容不包含拍照片,但是也是同照片打交道,帮助学生们和教授们填写申请特定照片所需要的信息。

And it's in the evenings from 6 to 9, three days a week.

而且工作时间是晚上6点到9点,一个星期三天。

Student: Hmm, well, the hours are definitely better, but I really do want to find out about that job at the studio first.

学生:嗯,时间确实是更好,但是我真的很想先去了解一下摄影室的那份工作。

I am sure you will understand.

教授你肯定能够谅解的吧。

Professor: Of course. But if it doesn't work out, keep us in mind.

教授:当然。但是如果那份工作不行的话,记得这一次我们的对话(即另一份工作的选择)。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:细节题

题干分析:根据surprise定位

选项分析:

学校刚贴出图书馆档案室招聘信息,学生就来询问工作的事情,所以教授觉得很惊讶,她竟然知道有这个招聘信息。所以B选项正确。 但是学生说想找摄影工作,所以教授很惊讶,因为他不知道自己应该如何帮助学生。所以C选项正确。

本题目考察了教授的态度,定位到原文里明显的惊讶语气强调的地方,结合上下文,Oh, the job here in the library archive? That was fast; we just posted it yesterday.,教授很惊讶因为昨天library才贴出招聘启示,学生今天就来应聘了。所以B选项正确。 但是学生又说她不是来找library的工作的,是想找校外摄影工作室的工作,所以教授不知道那为什么学生会找自己,还说了how can I help, 所以C选项正确。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 40 Lec 2

下一题

Official 40 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消