Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and the program manager of the university radio station.
旁白:请听一段学生和项目管理员之间关于学校广播站的对话。
Student: Hi I'm Jim, the guy who's trying to get a new show.
学生:嗨,我是Jim,我就是那个想开设新的节目的学生。
Manager: Right. Jim.
管理员:对的。Jim。
Student: My application got turned down and...um...I am not sure why.
学生:我的申请被拒绝了……嗯……我不清楚为什么。
So I wonder if you could explain...
所以我想你是不是可以解释一下……
Manager: I'm glad you came in, Jim.
管理员:我很高兴你来找我了,Jim。
I was actually quite impressed with your application.
实际上你的申请让我印象深刻。
Student: Okay.
学生:好吧。
Manager: But the thing is, we run a music station here, not a talk station.
管理员:但问题是,我们这里是音乐站,不是聊天站。
We've been a music station since the beginning, since the station's inception.
我们从建站一开始就是音乐站了,一直这样。
Student: This is where I get confused because of the article in last month's campus newspaper about the poll...
学生:这就是我不明白的地方,因为上个月的大学新闻报纸上有篇文章提到了大选……
Manager: Yes. The survey...
管理员:是的,那个调查……
Student: I mean, a majority of students said they felt the station was stale, that it needed a breath of fresh air.
学生:我的意思是,很多学生说他们觉得广播站很久没有变化了,需要新鲜力量。
Well, um, how are we supposed to get fresh air if you keep all the windows closed?
如果紧闭门扉的话,怎么吸收新鲜建议呢?
I was just trying to open some windows for people.
我只是尝试着为大家打开一些门路。
Manager: I can tell you have a lot of passion for this, but I'm really not convinced it's a good idea. Okay.
管理员:我知道你对这个很有热情,但是我真的不确定这是个好的主意。好吧。
The first thing is, again, this is a music station.
第一个原因是,再说一遍,这是个音乐站。
If we just have that one calling show, it just doesn't fit in with what we are doing.
如果我们开设了听众来电环节,这就和我们的定位不符了。
And studies have showed that mixed format stations just aren't as successful as...
也有研究表明,混合节目的广播站不如单一的成功……
Look. We do want to innovate, but within the format.
你看,我们是想创新的,但是还是不能太出格。
And with a live calling show, for one thing, you have no idea what the caller is going to say, no idea what you could end up broadcasting.
如果有了一个听众来电的节目,一件事,你可能不能预料观众会说什么,不知道最后能怎么收尾。
Student: I understand, but that seems like a small risk to take in exchange for giving students a chance to talk publicly, interactively about issues they care about.
学生:我明白。但是对于可以让学生有机会向公众讲话,让他们在关心的话题上互动,这个风险是小小的。
I really think they'd like to have a place where they can air their views about current events, about the university.
我真的认为他们会想要一个可以对于大学、对于近期发生的事情畅所欲言的地方。
Manager: But the university already has that.
管理员:但是学校里有这样的场所。
There's a monthly meeting open to all students to discuss issues like the ones you mentioned in your application.
我们有一月一次的面向全部学生的会议,就是来谈论你在申请里提到的那些事情的。
And there are several student clubs on campus that discuss current events.
还有几个学生社团也是有关新鲜事情的。
But either way we have no plans to change the format.
但是不论是哪个,我们都不想做出改变。
Now, if you had an innovative idea for a new music program...
那么,如果你现在有关于新的音乐项目的新想法的话……
Student: Well...how about a music program that includes taking calls from listeners?
学生:嗯……那一个包括了听众来电的音乐项目怎么样?
Manager: You really are determined to have a calling show, huh?
管理员:你对于来电环节很执着嘛,嗯?
Student: Well, I'm a communications major, and I'm hoping to get an internship at a professional talk radio show in the city next year.
学生:我是通信专业的,我希望得到城里一个专业电台嘉宾热线节目的实习机会。
I thought a little experience with the college station might help.
我觉得如果我能在学校里积累点相关经验的话,可能会有帮助吧。
Manager: Tell you what, there's still some time before the application deadline.
管理员:我要告诉你,离申请截止还是有一段时间的。
Why don't you submit a new application with the music show idea that you just proposed?
不如你重新提交一份关于音乐节目的新申请?
Then we will see if we can work something out.
然后我们可以看看能不能做出点什么来。
Student: Okay. Thanks!
学生:好的。谢谢!
题型分析:推理题
题干分析:关键词“imply ”确定是推理题。
选项分析:对话中,manager表示离申请截止还是有一段时间,并且建议了男生重新提交一份关于刚提议的音乐节目的新申请,然后她会结合这份新申请考虑是否具有可行性,对应选项A。
B选项:可以了解在对话末尾,manager的态度是可以考虑再给男生一次机会,所以该选项与对话中的态度不符且没有对应信息;
C选项:与题干的提问没有直接关系,在原文中没有直接对应;
D选项:原文中没有提及。
上一题
Official 36 Lec 2下一题
Official 36 Lec 3