原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee at the student activity center.

旁白:听一段学生和学生活动中心工作人员之间的对话。

Student: This is the administrative office, right?

学生:这里是行政管理办公室对吗?

Employee: Uh-huh. How can I help you?

工作人员:是的,我能帮你点什么?

Student: Well, I am stopping by to reserve a place for my school club to meet and work, pretty much on a regular basis.

学生:我过来是想为我参加的学校社团预约碰头和工作的地方,几乎是经常性的。

Ideally, our preference would be to have our own office.

理想的话我希望我们能够一间我们自己的办公室。

Employee: Hmm…well, we are out of private offices.

工作人员:我们已经没有私人办公室了。

But we do have some semi-private options still available.

半私人的办公室还有。

Student: What do you mean?

学生:你指的是?

Employee: Well, it’s a setup where you’ll have a larger workspace shared by two other clubs.

工作人员:这是一个需要和另外两个社团共享的设施。

In other words, each club would have its own work area within that one room.

也就是说,在那个房间里,每个社团都会有他们各自的工作区域。

Student: Oh. Are there any divider, walls or anything?

学生:那里有没有分隔物、墙壁或者之类的东西?

Employee: Oh, yes. There will be a couple of dividers, so there’s some privacy.

工作人员:是的,有的。那里会有很多隔板,所以,有一定的隐私性。

Student: Um. We’ll work with that then.

学生:我们就用那个吧。

I wouldn’t want to be without an office.

我们也不像没有办公室可用。

Employee: OK. Here are the two forms you have to fill out.

工作人员:好的。这里有两张表你需要填一下。

Why don't you do it now while I set that up throughout computer system?

你为何不在我从电脑系统中设定的时候,填一下表呢?

Student: OK.

学生:好的。

Employee: So what’s your club’s name?

工作人员:好的,你社团的名字是什么?

And the last name of the club president.

还有你们社团主席姓啥?

Student: Oh, it’s the photography club.

学生:噢,这是摄影俱乐部。

And it’s Williams.

姓是Williams。

That’s me. John Williams.

也就是我,John Williams。

Employee: Hmm…that’s not pulling up anything on my screen.

工作人员:我屏幕上没有显示任何东西。

Um…let me try something else.

让我试试其他的。

Uh, how about your faculty adviser’s name?

你们的指导老师是谁?

Student: Sarah Baker. She is in the Arts Department.

学生:Sarah Baker。她是艺术系的。

Employee: Hmm…No. Strange.

工作人员:不,好奇怪。

You know your club is just not showing up in my online records.

你的社团没有在网上的记录当中。

Is this an established club?

这个社团成立了吗?

Student: No. Actually it’s a brand-new one.

学生:不,这是个新的社团。

Employee: Hmm… have you completed the registration process?

工作人员:额……你们完成了注册的流程了吗?

Student: Yeah, last week. That was my very first step.

学生:是的,上个星期就完成了。那是我的第一步。

Employee: Right. Well, for my purposes, a club definitely has to be registered before I can proceed further.

工作影响:好的,从我这边来说,在我进一步操作之前,一个社团必须要先注册。

At the moment, however, it appears that there’s no record of your club’s registration.

但是,现在,你们社团的注册貌似还没有记录。

Student: Really? I thought everything was finalized last week.

学生:真的?我认为上个星期所有的事情已经完成了。

Employee: Well, it is surprising.

工作人员:这个很令人吃惊。

Usually there’s a 24-hour turnaround in our computer database.

我们电脑数据库24小时运转。

So then do you have the registration approval letter from the review committee?

那么你的注册得到复核委员会的批准书了吗?

That'll give me the verification I need.

那个就是我需要核查的。

Student: Yeah. I do. I mean, well, I don’t have it with me.

学生:是的,有的。但是现在不在我身上。

But… I… I, uh, can get it from my dorm room, bring it back with me and submit it with those forms you need from me.

但是,我可以去我宿舍取过来,然后把这些你需要我交的表都提交了。

Employee: Great! That’ll work. And just so you are aware, there’re lots of benefits to being registered.

工作人员:那太好了。这样就可以了。你刚意识到了吧,注册是有很多好处的。

Student: Oh, yeah. I think the university will give us permission to set up a website, right?

学生:是的。我认为学校会给我们建立一个网站的许可,对吧?

I want to get students sharing their ideas on the website, you know, establish a photography blog.

我希望学生能够在网站上分享他们的想法,就是建一个摄影博客。

Employee: Yes. You’ll be able to do that.

工作人员:是的,你可以那样做的。

And…um…actually there’s more.

其实,还有更多好处。

You’ll be allowed the use of audiovisual equipment at no cost.

你可以免费试用一些试听仪器。

You’ll receive a club mailbox and a club email address.

你可以得到一个邮箱和一个社团邮件地址。

You’ll be allowed to post your flyers and posters around the campus for publicity.

你可以在学校里发传单、贴海报去宣传。

And you could be eligible for funding for club events.

你们也可以俱乐部活动的资助。

Student: Well, we are definitely interested in hiring a professional speaker at one of our campus events at some point in the semester.

学生:我们非常想要,在这个学期的某个时间,为我们的校园活动雇用专业的演讲者。

And speakers almost always charge a fee.

演讲者往往是收费的。

So I’ll definitely follow up on that.

所以我一定会在那方面跟进的。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:主旨题

选项分析:主旨句I am stopping by to reserve a place for my school club that meet and work 我来这是想给我们的社团预订一个可以见面和工作的地方,后面提到最好有自己的办公室,选B,have our own office与B项中arrange for a work space for his club为他的社团安排办公地点符合。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 31 Lec 4

下一题

Official 30 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消