原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the university library.

旁白:听一段学生和大学图书馆工作人员的对话。

Librarian: Ready to check out?

图书管理员:准备要把书借出去?

Student: Just about.

学生:差不多。

Before I do though, this book on early navigation…

但是在我借之前,我想要这本关于早期航海的书……

I have been using this book quite a bit for a research project.

我在一个研究项目中很频繁地使用这本书。

And I'd like to own it actually.

实际上我想拥有它。

And well…it's an old book, and there were two copies on the shelf just now, so I was wondering if I could buy one?

而且这本书很老,刚才在书架上有两个副本,所以我想,我可以买一本吗?

I was talking to this guy the other day, and he said the library sold books on occasion.

我在几天前和这个人说了,他说图书馆偶尔也会卖书。

Is that right?

是这样的吗?

Librarian: He is probably talking about our annual book sale.

图书管理员:他说的可能是我们年度图书特卖。

We have one every spring.

我们每年春天搞一次。

Student: OK.

学生:好的。

How do you decide which books to sell?

你们是怎么决定去卖哪本书的呢?

Are they duplicates?

那些书是副本吗?

Librarian: A lot are duplicates.

图书管理员:有许多都是副本。

If we have more than one copy of a title and it hasn't been checked out in a few years, in that case it might end up at the sale.

如果某一本书有很多副本并且再几年内没有被借出过,在这样的情况下这些书可能会出现在特卖会上。

Student: I've actually tried to find this book online but no luck so far.

学生: 事实上我想从网上找到这本书,但是至今为止都不是很幸运。

I was really hoping to buy it.

我真的很希望买下它。

Librarian: Well, that particular book…well, it probably won't be up for sale this year.

图书管理员:好吧,那本书……它可能今年不会出现在特卖会上。

Most the books in the sale come from off-site storage.

大部分的书都来自于馆外的仓库里。

Student: Off-site storage?

学生:馆外的仓库?

Librarian: That's where we keep books that haven't been used for several years.

图书管理员:那是我们储存几年没有用过的书的地方。

They are still in the catalog, which means they can be checked out if you fill out a form.

他们仍然在目录里,这也就意味着只要你填一张表你就可以把这些书借出去。

It takes maybe a day or two to retrieve one of them.

可能要等1-2天的时间把这些书取出来。

Student: I see.

学生:我懂了。

Librarian: And then before we decide to include a book in the sale, we review its circulation history again, which can take a while.

图书管理员:然后,在我们决定把一本书放在特卖会之前,我们会再次更新它的流通历史,这可能会花点时间。

We've got a lot of books in storage.

在储藏室中,我们有很多的书。

Student: So it's basically the unpopular books that get put up for sale then?

学生:这也就是说只有不受欢迎的书再会被卖掉?

Librarian: Well, that…plus the main thing is to make sure students have access to the information in the books.

图书管理员:加上主要的是要确保学生可以在书中获得他们想要的信息。

A lot of them are available in electronic format these days, even the really old ones.

现在,很多书已经有电子版了,即使是很老的书。

You know, they have been preserved that way.

他们是那样被保存的。

Student: So most of the books for sale are older books.

学生:所以大部分被特卖的书都是很老的书。

Librarian: Well, we get book donations too.

图书管理员:我们也会获得图书捐赠。

And lots of those are new.

并且很多捐赠的书都是新的。

Again, a librarian reviews them and decides whether to catalogue them or put them up for sale.

图书管理员还是会检查一下这些书看是把这些书放到目录中还是放到特卖会上。

Student: Is this sale open to the public?

学生:这个特卖会向公众开放吗?

Librarian: On the second day.

图书管理员:在第二天开放。

It's a two-day sale.

这是两天的特卖。

The first day is for students, faculty and staff though, which is great.

第一天是针对学生、教员和工作人员的,这个很棒。

We usually need about twenty volunteers for the sale.

事实上我们需要20个特卖会的志愿者。

And well, if you volunteer, you get first shot at everything in advance.

如果你当志愿者,你就可以提前看到所有的书。

Student: Really?

学生:真的吗?

What do volunteers have to do?

志愿者要做些什么?

Librarian: You help sort the books and set up the tables.

图书管理员:帮忙分类书籍并把他们放在桌子上。

But keep in mind those positions fill up quickly.

但是记住,这些志愿者位置很快就会没的。

Now, about this particular book, it wouldn't hurt to send a formal request to the collection department.

现在,关于这本书,向馆藏部门寄一封正式的要求没有什么坏处。

They might be able to let you know if it would be up for sale.

他们也许会让你知道这本书会不会被特卖。

Student: I'll do that. Thanks.

学生:我会这样做的,谢了。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈
题型分类:细节题
题干分析:关键词what, criteria判断是细节题
原文定位:
E:And then, before we decide to include a book in the sale, we review its circulation history again. Which can take a while … we’ve got a lot of books in storage!
S:So it’s basically the unpopular books that get put up for sale, then …


E:Well, that … plus the main thing is to make sure students have access to the information in the books. A lot of them are available in electronic format these days … even the really old ones … you know, they’ve been preserved that way.
S:So most of the books for sale are older books?

选项分析:
确定书会被卖掉的条件,工作人员说了两个,一是这书有阵子没被借了,这里学生还回应了一下确定自己理解了工作人员的意思(所以基本上只有不热门的书会被卖)。工作人员说还有就是要确保学生还能从其他渠道知道书里的信息。对应BC
其他项未提及。
 
收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 35 Lec 4

下一题

Official 34 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消