Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a business professor.
旁白:下面听一段学生和商务课教授间的对话。
Student: Thanks for seeing me, Professor Jackson.
学生:Jackson教授,感谢你原意见我。
Professor: Sure, Tom. What can I do for you?
教授:没事Tom。找我有什么事?
Student: I'm gonna do my term project on service design.
学生:我准备做我的学期项目,是有关于服务设计的。
Oh...What you see as a customer, the physical layout of the building, the parking lot.
是你作为一名客人会看到的东西,比如建筑物的构造,停车场等。
And I thought I'd focus on various kinds of eateries: restaurants, coffee shops, cafeterias.
我思考了下,我会将重点放在吃的地方:饭店,咖啡店,食堂。
So I'd also analyze where you order your food, where you eat, and so on.
因此,我也会分析你在哪点餐,你在哪吃饭等一些问题。
Professor: Wait. I thought you were gonna come up with a hypothetical business plan for an amusement park.
教授:等等。我以为你会为游乐园给出一份假定的商业计划书。
Isn't that what you e-mailed me last week?
难道上个星期你邮件里不是这样写的吗?
I could've sworn...
我发誓我……
Oh, I'm thinking of a Tom from another class.
嗷那是另外一个班级里的Tom。
Tom Benson. Sorry. Sorry.
Tom Benson。不好意思。
Student: No problem. I did e-mail you my idea too though.
学生:没关系。我确实也给你发了邮件,说了说我的想法。
Professor: That's right. I remember now.
教授:哦对,我想起来了。
Restaurants. Yeah.
餐厅。
Student: So here's my question.
学生:我的问题是这样的。
I read something about service standard that kinda confused me.
我读了一些服务标准的内容,让我有点疑惑。
What's the difference between service design and service standard?
请问教授,服务设计和服务标准之间的区别是什么?
Professor: Service standard refers to what a company...employees are ideally supposed to do in order for everything to operate smoothly.
教授:服务标准指的是公司……员工理想状态下应该要做的能够让一切运作无障碍的事情。
The protocols to be followed.
类似于,必须要遵守的规则一样。
Student: Oh, okay.
学生:哦,原来是这样。
Professor: So backing up.
教授:回过头去说。
Service design is...uh, think of the cafeteria here on campus.
服务设计……额试想一下校园里的食堂。
There are several food counters, right?
食堂里有好几个柜台是吧?
All with big, clear signs to help you find what you're looking for: soups, salads, desserts.
每个柜台处都有非常明确的标识,帮助你找到你要的东西:汤,沙拉,点心。
So you know exactly where to go to get what you need.
因此你知道去哪里找到你所需要的食物。
And when you are finished picking up your food, where do you go?
当你取好自己想要的食物后,你会去哪?
Student: To the cash registers.
学生:去收银处。
Professor: And where are they?
教授:那么收银处在哪里?
Student: Emm...right before you get to the seating area.
学生:就在就餐区的前面。
Professor: Exactly. A place that you would logically move to next.
教授:正确。收银处所在的位置,就是你接下来准备要去的地方。
Student: You know, not every place is like that.
学生:但是你要知道,并不是所有的地方都是这样的。
This past weekend was my friend's birthday, and I went to a bakery in town to pick up a cake for her party.
上个周末是我同学的生日, 我去了镇上的一个烘培店去领她的生日蛋糕。
And the layout of the place was weird.
那个地方的布局非常奇怪。
People were all in each other's way, standing in the wrong lines to pay, to place orders.
人与人之间几乎都是堵着道的,走路不通畅。排队付钱的队伍,下订单的队伍,都是乱排的。
Oh, and another thing, I heard this bakery makes really good apple pie, so I wanted to buy a slice of it too.
啊还有另外一件事,就是我听说那家烘培店的苹果派做得很好吃,所以我也想买一块试试。
Professor: OK.
教授:好吧。
Student:There was a little label that said apple pie where it's supposed to be but there wasn't any left.
学生:那里有一块小标签,表明这是苹果派摆放的地方,但是那里却没有任何苹果派的踪影。
Professor: That's what's called a service gap, maybe there wasn't enough training for the employees or maybe they just ran out pie that day.
教授:这种情况就叫:服务缺口,也许是因为员工没有培训好,或者因为那天苹果派都卖完了而造成的。
But something is wrong with the process, and the service standard wasn't being met.
但不管怎么说,过程中的某个环节出了问题,导致现状没有达到服务标准的要求。
Student: OK. I think I get it.
学生:好的,我想我理解了。
Anyway, since part of the requirements for the term project is to visit an actual place of business.
总之,因为学期项目的一条要求就是,必须亲自造访一处商业用地。
Do you think I could use our cafeteria?
您觉得学校食堂符合这一条件吗?
They seem to have a lot of the things I'm looking for.
那里似乎有我需要的很多东西。
Professor: Well, campus businesses like the cafeteria or bookstore don't quite follow the kinds of service models we're studying in class.
教授:但是,校园内的商业地点如食堂或者书店,和我们在课上研究的商业服务模式不太一致。
You should go to some other local establishment I'd say.
让我说的话,我建议你去当地的一些其他商业地点。
Student: I see.
学生:好吧我明白了。
Professor: But just call the manager ahead of time so they aren't surprised.
教授:但是提前打电话给经理,避免他们感到惊讶。
题型分类:目的主旨题
提干分析:student in another class是题目的定位点
选项分析:老师提到另一个课程的学生是因为她将对话中的学生与另一个班的学生弄混了,对应原文中的Oh! I'm thinking of a Tom from another class,另一个班级的Tom给老师发邮件提到要围绕着游乐园写一个商业计划,解释了老师之前对于学生课题的疑问,对应选项B。
A选项:对话中未提及;
C选项:老师已经收到了邮件并且把对话中的学生和另一位也叫Tom的学生的邮件混淆;
D选项:并没有提到做与餐馆相关的项目的其他学生,也不是提到另一个班里某个学生的原因。
上一题
Official 41 Lec 4下一题
Official 40 Lec 1