原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a theater professor.

旁白:请听一段学生和戏剧学教授之间的对话。

Student: Hi, Professor Johns.

学生:嗨,约翰教授。

Professor: Hey, didn't I see you at the performance of Crimes of the Heart last night?

教授:嘿,我好像在昨天的《芳心之罪》的演出上看到你了?

Student: Yeah. Actually my roommate had a small part in it.

学生:是的。实际上是我舍友在其中演了一个角色。

Professor: Really? I was impressed with the performance.

教授:真的吗?那场演出很是惊艳了我。

There sure are some talented people here.

的确有一些能人在表演。

What did you think?

你觉得呢?

Student: You know, Beth Henley is an okay playwright.

学生:你知道,贝斯·亨利是一个还可以的剧作家。

She has written some decent stuff, but it was a little too traditional, a little too ordinary, especially considering the research I'm doing.

她写了一些高大上的东西,但是就是有点太过传统了,有一点太过平常了,尤其是考虑到我正在做的研究。

Professor: Oh, what's that?

教授:哦,那是什么?

Student: On the Polish theater director Jerzy Grotowski.

学生:是一个关于波兰剧导演耶日·格洛托夫斯基的研究。

Professor: Grotowski. Yeah, that's a little out of the mainstream.

教授:格洛托夫斯基。他是有一点背离主流戏剧的特点。

Pretty experimental.

很具有实验性。

Student: That's what I wanted to talk to you about.

学生:这就是我想跟您说的。

I had a question about our essay and presentation.

我有一个关于我们的论文和演讲的问题。

Professor: Okay.

教授:问吧。

Student: Yeah. Some of these ideas, uh, Grotowski's ideas are really hard to understand.

学生:好的。有一些格洛托夫斯基的观点是很难理解的。

They are very abstract, philosophical.

它们很抽象,很有哲学性。

And, well, I thought the class would get more out of it if I acted out some of it to demonstrate.

而且,我觉得如果我通过演出他的戏剧来阐释它,我的同学可能更能理解。

Professor: Interesting idea.

教授:很有趣的主意。

And what happens to the essay?

那论文呢?

Student: Well, I will do the best I can with that, but supplement it with a performance.

学生:好吧,我在写论文上尽力了,别的要通过演出来补充。

You know, bring it to life.

你知道,让戏剧栩栩如生。

Professor: Alright. But what exactly are we talking about here?

教授:好的。但是我们现在在谈什么呢?

Grotowski, as I'm sure you know, had several phases in his career.

格洛托夫斯基,我肯定你是知道的,他的职业生涯可以被分成几个阶段。

Student: I'm mainly interested in his idea from the late 1960s: a poor theater.

学生:我主要是对于他20世纪60年代晚期的思想感兴趣:极简剧院。

You know, a reaction against a lot of props, light, fancy costumes, and all that.

你知道,这就是一个反对使用太多道具、灯光、华丽服装的运动。

So it would be good for the classroom.

所以这个对于我们要在教室里的演出很有用。

I wouldn't need anything special.

我不需要什么特别的东西。

Professor: Yes. I'm sure a lot of your classmates are unfamiliar with Grotowski.

教授:是的。我确信你的很多同学对于格洛托夫斯基并不熟悉。

This would be good for them.

这对于他们来说很好。

Student: Right. And this leads...I think there's overlap between his poor theater phase and another phase of his, when he was concerned with the relationship between performers and the audience.

学生:是的,这就会导致……我认为他的极简剧院时期和其它的时期有重叠,在他考虑到表演者和观众的关系的时候。

I also want to read more and write about that.

我也想对于这个多读一些材料,多写一些文章。

Professor: You know, I saw a performance several years ago.

教授:你知道,我几年前看过一场表演。

It really threw me for a loop.

真的很成功。

You know, you are used to just watching a play, sitting back, but this performance, borrowing Grotowski's principles, was really confrontational, a little uncomfortable.

你知道,我们已经习惯了单纯地看剧,坐在后排,但是这场演出,采用了格洛托夫斯基的原则,变成了带有一点对抗性的,稍微有一点让人不舒服。

The actors looked right in our eyes, even moved us around, involved us in the action.

演员会直接直视观众的眼睛,甚至在我们周围走动,把我们也卷入表演中。

Student: Yeah. I hope I can do the same when I perform for the class.

学生:是的。我希望我可以在给班级同学表演的时候也做到这样。

I'm a bit worried since the acting is so physical.

我有一点担心,因为这场表演动作很多。

That there's so much physical preparation involved.

有很多动作准备牵涉其中。

Professor: Well, some actors spend their whole lives working on this, so don't expect to get very far in a few weeks, but I'm sure you can bring a couple of points across.

教授:一些演员甚至花费一生来研究这种戏剧,所以不要期待在短短几周之内获得大的进展。但是我确信你还是可以发现一些的。

And if you need some extra class time, let me know.

如果你需要延长课程时间的话,就告诉我。

Student: No. I think I can fit it into the regular time for the presentation.

学生:不用。我觉得我可以在规定时间里完成。

Professor: Okay. I think this will provide for some good discussion about these ideas and other aspects of the audience and their relationship to theatrical productions.

教授:好的。我认为这个表演可以引发很好的讨论,关于观众及其与戏剧的关系的讨论。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:推理题

题干分析:imply推理题,根据acting定位

选项分析:学生担心I'm a bit worried, since the acting is so physical, that there's so much physical preparation involved,教授说ome actors spend their whole lives working on this...so don't expect to get very far in a few weeks. get very far与C选项master对应,in a few weeks与C选项的easily对应。

A选项surprised无中生有。

B选项less physical preparation教授没有提。

D选项class discussion无中生有。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 40 Lec 4

下一题

Official 39 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消