原文
详解

NARRATOR:Listen to a conversation between a student and her philosophy professor.

旁白:听一个学生和她的哲学教授之间的对话。

FEMALE STUDENT:Professor Miller?

女学生:米勒教授?

MALE PROFESSOR:Hi, Laura. Everything alright?

男教授:嗨,劳拉,一切都好吗?

FEMALE STUDENT:Yeah. I just... wanted to let you know... after this semester I... I’ve decided to change my major.

女学生:是啊,我就是想让你知道,这个学期之后,我,呃,我决定转专业了。

MALE PROFESSOR:Really? Why? I, I thought you loved philosophy.

男教授:真的,为什么?我以为你喜欢哲学。

FEMALE STUDENT:I do, but ... I don’t know. I have to be practical.

女学生:我知道,但我不知道。我必须务实一些。

It’s great to take all these philosophy classes, but I mean... I need to start thinking about finding a job after I graduate.

所有的哲学课程都很好,但我的意思是,我需要在毕业后开始考虑找工作。

MALE PROFESSOR:Because, uh let’s see... people with a degree in philosophy don’t have anything to offer employers. Right?

男教授:因为哲学学位的人没有什么可以提供给雇主的,对吧?

FEMALE STUDENT:Well... kind of. Lots of my friends are business majors. I need to study something that’ll actually prepare me for a career.

女学生:嗯,有点。我的很多朋友都是商科专业的。我需要学习一些真正为我的职业生涯做好准备的东西。

MALE PROFESSOR:If I had a dollar for every time I heard that.

男教授:我猜就是这个原因!

OK. Studying something like business is great preparation, of course. Especially for people who already know their career goals.

好吧,当然,学习商科等对相关就业是很好的准备,尤其是对于那些已经清楚自己职业目标的人。

But for those who don’t, well... what’s yours, what’re your goals?

但是对于那些不知道的人,好吧,你的呢?你的目标是什么?

FEMALE STUDENT:I have no idea.

女学生:我不知道。

MALE PROFESSOR:So, for you... perhaps it’s not the best option.

男教授:所以对你来说,也许这不是最好的选择。

FEMALE STUDENT:That’s a good point.

女学生:这是一个很好的观点。

MALE PROFESSOR:With a major in philosophy... besides the possibility of grad school—which I think would be wonderful for you—you know lots of things that are valuable in any career.

男教授:主修哲学,还有可能读研究生,我认为这对你来说非常好。其实你知道,有很多东西对任何职业都有价值。

FEMALE STUDENT:Like what? How Johnson tried to refute Berkeley’s empiricism?

女学生:比如什么?约翰逊如何试图反驳伯克利的经验主义?

MALE PROFESSOR:Well... what did Johnson do?

男教授:嗯,约翰逊做了什么?

FEMALE STUDENT:Well, you know... what Berkeley said was that we can’t really know any objects, we can just perceive them. It’s all about our senses perceiving things.

女学生:嗯,你知道,伯克利说的是我们不能真正知道任何物体,我们只能感知它们。这都是关于我们可以感知事物的感官。

Berkeley basically made the point that it doesn’t really make sense to believe in actual, physical matter...

基本上,伯克利指出,相信实际的实体物质是没有意义的。

What Johnson did was, Johnson was trying to disprove that, so he kicked a big stone.

约翰逊所做的就是试图反驳这一点,于是他踢了一块大石头。

He said that refuted Berkeley.

他说这反驳了伯克利。

MALE PROFESSOR:Uh-huh. So, what do you think of that?

男教授:那你怎么看?

FEMALE STUDENT:Well, not that I’m convinced by Berkeley either, but I really don’t think Johnson refuted anything.

女学生:嗯,我也不相信伯克利,但我真的不认为约翰逊反驳了什么。

And I think Berkeley would just say that Johnson still doesn’t know anything apart from what he senses.

而且我认为伯克利只会说约翰逊除了他的感觉之外什么都不知道,看到石头,踢它后感觉他的脚疼。

Seeing the stone, feeling his foot hurting after he kicked it—it’s all still just based on his perceptions.

这一切还只是基于他的认知。

Johnson can’t argue that he knows anything other than what his senses have told him.

约翰逊不能争辩说,除了他的感官告诉他的东西之外,他什么都知道。

MALE PROFESSOR:You know what you just did?

男教授:你知道你刚刚做了什么吗?

FEMALE STUDENT:Told you something that’s not relevant anywhere but a philosophy class?

女学生:告诉你一些与任何地方都无关的而只有在哲学课上有关的东西?

MALE PROFESSOR:No. You demonstrated well-developed analytical skills.

男教授:没有。你展示了很好的分析能力。

Philosophy majors can critique other people’s reasoning, make a convincing argument, summarize... and communicate very effectively.

哲学专业的学生可以批评别人的推理,提出令人信服的论点,总结和交流非常有效。

These things are important in any career. And in life!

这些东西在任何职业和生活中都很重要。

FEMALE STUDENT:OK, but... still! You don’t see any of that in job descriptions!

女学生:好的。但是,您仍然没有在职位描述中看到任何这些。

MALE PROFESSOR:Really? Oh, I think you do. I’ve seen so many articles lately, by heads of companies in all kinds of fields, complaining that it’s hard to find employees who can do that.

男教授:真的吗?我想你可以看到的。我最近看到很多公司和各行各业的负责人的文章都在抱怨很难找到能做到这一点的员工。

Ask at the career services office—they’ll tell you the same thing.

去问问职业服务办公室。他们会告诉你同样的事情。

FEMALE STUDENT:Well, I guess career services would know.

女学生:嗯,我想职业服务办公室会知道的。

MALE PROFESSOR:Also, why don’t you think about... You know, our department always has information about summer internships. That’d give you some concrete experience to put on your résumé.

男教授:还有,你为什么不想想,你知道,我们系总是有关于暑期实习的信息,这会给你一些具体的经验,放在你的简历上。

FEMALE STUDENT:That’s an idea.

女学生:这是一个主意。

MALE PROFESSOR:An internship could help you get your foot in the door.

男教授:实习可以帮助你迈出第一步。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:细节题

选项分析:女生觉得那些技能在job descriptions中找不到。教授不认同,并且让女生去the career services office询问,当然是为了让她确认这些信息是有价值的,因此对应D选项。

A选项:偷换概念。实习的机会是去哲学系找,而不是求职中心;

B选项:听力中没有提到;

C选项:听力中没有提到。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 57 Lec 3

下一题

Official 56 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消