原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.

旁白:听一段学生和教授的谈话。

Student: Hi, Professor Archure, you know how in class last week you said you were looking for students who are interested in volunteering for your archeology project?

学生:你好,Archure 教授,你上周在课堂里说过你在找有兴趣做你考古项目志愿工作的学生?

Professor: Of course, are you volunteering?

教授:是的,你想做?

Student: Yes, I am.

学生:是的,我想做。

It sounds really interesting, but er…do I need to have any experience for these kinds of projects?

听起来挺有意思的,但是,呃……我需要有相关的工作经历吗?

Professor: No, not really.

教授:不需要。

I assume that most students taking the introductory level of class would have little or no experience with the archeological research, but that's ok.

我想绝大多数读入门课程的学生都没有考古研究的经验,但这没有问题。

Student: Oh, good, that's a relief.

学生:哦,不错,我就松一口气了。

Actually, that’s why I'm volunteering for the project--to get experience.

其实,这就是我要志愿做这个项目的原因——获取经验。

What kind of work is it?

需要做什么样的活?

Professor: Well, as you know, we're studying the history of the campus this semester.

教授:正如你知道的,我们这个学期正在学习校园历史。

This used to be an agricultural area and we already know that where the main lecture hall now stands, there once were farm house and barn that were erected in the late 1700s.

这里曾经是农耕区,现在是大讲堂,那里原来有茅屋和谷仓,建于18世纪末。

We are excavating near the lecture hall to see what types of artifacts we find, you know, things people used in the past that got buried when the campus was constructed.

我们正在大讲堂附近发掘,看看我们能找到什么器物,就是过去人们用过后来因建校园而埋下的东西。

We've already began to find some very interesting items like old bottles, buttons, pieces of clay pottery.

我们已经发现一些非常有趣的像旧瓶子,纽扣陶瓷器之类的东西。

Student: Buttons and clay pottery?

学生:纽扣和陶瓷器?

Did the old owners leave in such a hurry that they left their clothes and dishes behind?

是原来住在那里的人因为急着离开而留下一份和餐具吗?

Professor: Hmmm…that's just one of the questions we hope to answer with this project.

教授:嗯……那只是我们这个项目需要回答的问题之一。

Student: Wow, and it’s all right here on campus.

学生:哇,在校园做应该没有问题。

Professor: That’s right, no traveling involved.

教授:是的,不需要出差。

I wouldn't expect volunteers to travel to a site, especially in the middle of the semester.

我们不让志愿者(长途)出差到遗址,尤其是现在学校还在上课。

We expect to find many more things, but we do need more people to help.

我们期望在这个项目中发掘更多的东西,所以我们需要更多的人手。

Student: So…how many student volunteers are you looking for?

学生:那么……你正在找多少个学生志愿者呢?

Professor: I’m hoping to get five or six.

教授:我希望能有五六个。

I’ve asked for volunteers in all of the classes I teach, but no one has responded.

我已经叫了我授课的班级里的志愿者,但是没有人回应。

You are the first person to express interest.

你是第一个表示有兴趣的。

Student: Sounds like it could be a lot of work.

学生:听起来工作量会很大。

Is there er…is there any way I can use the experience to get some extra credit in class?

是不是,呃我可不可以利用这次实践经验获得额外的学分呢?

I mean, can I write a paper about it?

我的意思是,我能写份关于此事的论文吗?

Professor: I think it'll depend on what type of work you do in the excavation, but I imagine we can arrange something.

教授:我想这要取决于你在挖掘工作中会做什么类型的工作,但我能想象我们可以安排一些。

Actually I've been considering offering extra credit for class because I've been having a tough time getting volunteers.

事实上我一直在考虑给学生们提供额外的学分,因为我一直苦于找志愿者。

Extra credit is always a good incentive for students.

而额外的学分对学生来说是一个很好的奖励。

Student: And how often would you want the volunteers to work?

学生:那你想要志愿者多久做一次呢?

Professor: We're asking for three or four hours per week, depending on your schedule.

教授:我想每周三到四个小时,这要根据你课表来。

A senior researcher, I think you know John Franklin, my assistant, is on site every day.

一位资深研究人员,我想你认识的,约翰富兰克林,是我的助手,他每天都在。

Student: Sure, I know John.

学生:当然我认识他。

By the way, will there be some sort of training?

对了,会有培训之类的?

Professor: Yes, er...I want to wait still Friday to see how many students volunteer, and then I'll schedule the training class next week at a time that's convenient for everyone.

教授:有,呃……我想等到周五看多少学生志愿者再说。到时我会安排下周的培训课程,排在大家都方便的时候。

Student: Ok. I'll wait to hear from you.

学生:好的。我会等你的消息。

Thanks a lot for accepting me.

感谢你接受我的请求。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:主旨题

选项分析:

原文刚开始的时候,学生就开门见山的阐述了自己来找老师咨询的目的:来咨询一个volunteer project,后面的对话进行到中间才提到了是针对mid-semester的项目,所以正确答案对应选项B,

A选项,assignment无中生有。

C选项,summer jobs无中生有。

D选项,improve his grade是错层信息

解锁权益,查看完整解题思路

更多特权
  • 写作范文

  • 题目解析

  • 口语范例

  • 写作批改

  • 10大权益

最低,立即开通

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 3 Lec 2

下一题

Official 3 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消