Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.
独白:请听一段学生和教授之间的对话。
Professor: Hey, Jane, you look like you are in a hurry.
教授:Hey,Jane,你着急什么呢?
Student: Yeah, things are a little crazy.
学生:呃,事情有点疯狂。
Professor: Oh yeah? What's going on?
教授:哦?出什么事了?
Student: Oh, it's nothing.
学生:哦,没什么事。
Well, since it's your class, I guess it's OK.
就是,这是你的课,我想没事的。
It's, it's just that I am having trouble with my group project.
就是,就是我的小组作业可能有些问题了。
Professor: Ah, yes, due next week.
教授:啊是的,下周之前完成,
What's your group doing again?
你的组又干什么了?
Student: It's about, ur, United States Supreme Court Decisions.
学生:是关于美国最高法院决议。
We are looking at the impact of recent cases on property rights, municipal land use cases, owning disputes.
我们正在研究最近的案子对美国产权,城市用地法案,所有权冲突的影响。
Professor: Right, OK.
教授:好的,
And it's not going well?
进展的不顺利吗?
Student: Not really.
学生:不太顺利,
I'm worried about the other two people in my group.
我现在担心组里的其他两个人。
They are just sitting back, not really doing their fair share of the work and waiting for an A.
他们只是袖手旁观,没有完成他们分内的工作,却妄想着要拿到A。
It's kind of stressing me out, because we are getting close to the deadline and I feel like I'm doing everything for this project.
这让我感到有点压力,因为截止日期快到了,我感觉整个项目都我一人在做。
Professor: Ah, the good old free rider problem.
教授:啊,又是这种搭便车的问题。
Student: Free rider?
学生:搭便车?
Professor: Ah, it's just a term that describes this situation, when people in the group seek to get the benefits of being in a group without contributing to the work.
教授:啊,就是指一组人在没有给组里做出贡献的情况下还想得到好处的情况。
Anyway, what exactly do you mean when you say they just sit back?
不管怎样。你说他们袖手旁观是怎样的情况?
I mean, they've been filing the weekly progress reports with me.
因为他们一直都有完成每周的进度报告。
Student: Yes, but I feel like I'm doing 90% of the work.
学生:对。但感觉我做了90%的工作。
I hate to sound so negative here, but honestly, they are taking credit for things they shouldn't be taking credit for.
我真不喜欢说这些消极的话,但是,说实话,他们会因此拿到学分,而这些学分他们是不该拿的。
Like last week in the library, we decided to split up the research into 3 parts and then each of us was supposed to find sources in the library for our parts.
就像上周在图书馆那样,我们决定将研究分为三个部分,每个人应该负责自己的那部分在图书馆找相应的资料。
I went off to the stack and found some really good material for my part, but when I got back to our table, they were just goofing off and talking.
我在书架上找到对我负责的部分很好的资料,但当我回去的时候,他们却在偷懒聊天。
So I went and got materials for their sections as well.
所以我只好也给他们负责的那部分找资料去了。
Professor: Um, you know you shouldn't do that.
教授:嗯,你不应该那样做的。
Student: I know, but I didn't want to risk the project going down the drain.
学生:我知道,但是那样的话项目可能流于无形,我可不想冒险。
Professor: I know Teresa and Kevin.
教授:我认识Teresa和Kevin。
I had both of them in other courses.
我在其他课上教过他们。
So, I'm familiar with the work and work habits.
我对他们的工作和工作习惯很熟悉。
Student: I know, me too.
学生:我知道,我也是。
And that's why this has really surprised me.
这就是为什么这件事让我对他们感到很惊讶。
Professor: Do you... does your group like your topic?
教授:你是不是……你的组员喜欢你们的话题吗?
Student: Well, I think we'd all rather focus on cases that deal with personal liberties, questions about freedom of speech, things like that.
学生:嗯,我想我们会将精力集中于个人自由,像言论自由的问题,
But I chose property rights.
但是我选择了财产权作为主题。
Professor: You chose the topic?
教授:你选的主题?
Student: Yeah, I thought it would be good for us, all of us to try something new.
学生:是的。我想这对我们都好,我们都尝试一些新东西。
Professor: Um, maybe that's part of the problem.
教授:嗯,也许这就是问题之一。
Maybe Teresa and Kevin aren't that excited about the topic?
也许Teresa和Kevin对这个话题不感冒?
And since you picked it, have you thought... talk to them at all about picking a different topic?
还有,主题是你选的,你有想过……跟他们讲关于话题选定的问题吗?
Student: But we've got all the sources and it's due next week.
学生:但我们所有材料都准备了,下周就到期了。
We don't have time to start from scratch.
我们没有时间从头再来。
Professor: OK, I will let you go, cause I know you are so busy.
教授:好,我会放宽期限因为我知道你很忙,
But you might consider talking to your group about your topic choice.
但是你也许可以考虑跟你的组员谈关于话题选定的问题。
Student: I will think about it.
学生:我会考虑的。
Got to run, see you in class.
我要走了,课堂上见。
题型分析:主旨题
选项分析:
本文没有明确的主旨句,可以通过该开始学生着急和犹豫的态度(things’re a little crazy),以及后文描述的group project的问题,学生觉得只有自己在干活,其他人都不干,教授帮学生分析原因,有可能是别人不喜欢你的选题,所以对话主要讨论的内容是选项B,正确答案B。
本题也可以排除法选出正确答案。
A选项,finding appropriate sources无中生有。
C选项,evaluate group projects无中生有。
D选项,develop the skills无中生有。
解锁权益,查看完整解题思路
更多特权写作范文
题目解析
口语范例
写作批改
10大权益
最低,立即开通
上一题
Official 4 Lec 2下一题
Official 4 Lec 3