原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.

独白:请听一段学生和教授间的对话。

Student: Hi, I was wondering if I could talk with you about the assignment in the film theory class.

学生:您好,我在想是不是能跟你讨论关于电影理论课作业的问题呢?

Professor: Of course, Jill.

教授:当然了,Jill。

Student: It seems that pretty much everyone else in the class gets what they are supposed to be doing but I’m not so sure.

学生:似乎基本上班上每个人都知道他们应该做什么,但是我不太肯定。

Professor: Well, the class is for students who are really serious about film.

教授:嗯,这节课主要是针对那些真把电影当回事的学生而开的。

You must have taken film courses before.

你以前肯定学过电影课吧。

Student: Yeah, in high school, film appreciation.

学生:是的,高中的时候,电影鉴赏。

Professor: Hmmm…I wouldn't think that would be enough.

教授:嗯,我不认为那就够了。

Did you concentrate mainly on form or content?

你有没有主要集中在电影的内容和形式上呢?

Student: Oh, definitely content.

学生:哦,当然,主要是内容。

We’d watch, say Lord of the Flies, and then discuss it.

我们课上看过蝇王这部电影,然后进行讨论。

Professor: Oh, that approach, treating film as literature, ignoring what makes it unique.

教授:哦,是以这种方式的啊。将电影当做是文学作品,不要管电影独有的因素。

Student: I liked it, though.

学生:不管怎样我喜欢这种方式。

Professor: Sure, but that kind of class.

教授:当然,但是那种课程。

Well, I'm not surprised that you are feeling a little lost.

好吧,你感到有点摸不着头脑,不感到惊奇。

You know, we have two introductory courses that are supposed to be taken before you get to my course, one in film art, techniques, technical stuff and another in film history.

你知道,在上该门课之前,你要上两外两门入门课程。一门是关于电影艺术,技术,技术队伍,另一门是关于电影历史的。

So students in the class you are in should be pretty far along in film studies.

因此跟你一起上课的学生在电影研究上应该有一定的底子了。

In fact, usually the system blocks anyone trying to sign up for a class they shouldn't be taking, who hasn't taken the courses you are required to do first as prerequisites.

事实上,这样的系统经常让那些试图上这门课却不应该来的学生止步,还有那些没有按照学校要求提前上这几门课的学生。

Student: Well, I did have a problem with that but I discussed it with one of your office staff, and she gave me permission.

学生:嗯,这方面是有点问题,但是我已经跟您的一个同事谈过了,她允许我这么做。

Professor: Of course. No matter how many times I tell them, they just keep on…

教授:当然。无论我跟他们强调多少次,他们都会这么做的……

Well, for your own good, I'd really suggest dropping back and starting at the usual place.

好吧,为了你好,我真的建议你回到原点,从平常阶段开始。

Student: Yes. But I've already been in this class for 4 weeks.

学生:是。但是我也上这门课已经上了4个星期了。

I'd hate to just drop it now especially since I find it so different, so interesting.

我真的不想现在放弃,特别是因为我现在发现这么课很不同很有趣。

Professor: I guess so.

教授:我想是的。

Frankly I can't believe you've lasted this long.

说实话,我不敢相信你居然待这么久。

These are pretty in-depth theories we've been discussing and you've been doing OK so far, I guess.

课上说的都是颇有深度的理论,我们一直在讨论,而你到目前都做得还好。

But still, the program's been designed to progress through certain stages.

但是,还是那句话,该项课程一直以来都是为了让学生在某一阶段后能取得进步而设置的。

Like any other professional training we build on pervious knowledge.

就像其他专业训练一样,我们都要有先前的知识作为底子。

Student: Then maybe you could recommend some extra reading I can do to… catch up?

学生:那么也许你可以给我推荐一些课外阅读,让我能,能赶上别人的进度。

Professor: Well, are you intending to study film as your main concentration?

教授:你打算将电影作为你的主要科目吗?

Student: No, no. I am just interested.

学生:不,不,我只是感兴趣。

I'm actually in marketing, but there seems to be a connection.

事实上我主修市场营销,但是两者之间似乎有点关联。

Professor: Oh…well, in…in that case, if you’re taking the course just out of interest, I mean I still highly recommend signing up for the introductory courses at some point, but in the meantime, there is no harm I guess in trying to keep up with this class.

教授:哦,好吧,这样的话,如果你仅是出于兴趣而选这门课,我还是强烈推荐你参加这个课程,但是同时,尽量跟上课程进度也没有什么坏处。

The interest is clearly there.

你对它的兴趣显而易见。

Eh, instead of any extra reading just now though, you could view some of the old introductory lectures.

呃,你可以看一些以前的入门讲座,而不是立即去做课外阅读,

We have them on video.

我们有这些入门讲座的视频。

That would give you a better handle on the subject.

这样做你会更好掌握该门课。

It's still a pretty tall order, and we will be moving right along, so you will really need to stay on top of it.

这要求还是很高,我们进度还会很快,所以你真的要一直跟上进度。

Student: OK, I've been warned.

学生:好的,我收到您的警告了。

Now, could I tell you about my idea for the assignment?

那么现在我可以告诉你关于此次作业的看法吗?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:主旨题

选项分析:

对话刚开始的时候学生想问的是关于课上留的assignment的问题,后来教授发现学生只是在高中的时候修过相关课程,大学期间并没有上过2门应该上的基础课程,所以教授认为学员会跟不上课堂进度,从而建议学生drop back,也就是取消这门课,先去上基础课。所以本文的主要讨论内容应该是选项B,正确答案选B。

A选项,assignment是局部信息,不能概括全文。

C选项,selection of films无中生有。

D选项,structure and sequence of courses无中生有。

解锁权益,查看完整解题思路

更多特权
  • 写作范文

  • 题目解析

  • 口语范例

  • 写作批改

  • 10大权益

最低,立即开通

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 5 Lec 2

下一题

Official 5 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消