Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and his psychology professor.
旁白:听一个学生和他的心理学教授之间的对话。
Professor: Good afternoon, Alex.
教授:下午好,亚历克斯。
Can I help you with something?
我可以帮助您吗?
Man: Well, I wanted to talk with you about the research project you assigned today.
学生:嗯,我想和你谈谈你今天布置的研究项目。
I, um, hope you could clarify a few things for me.
我,嗯……我希望你能为我澄清一些事情。
Professor: I'll certainly try.
教授:我一定会尽力。
Man: OK, all we have to do is do two observations and take notes on them, right?
学生:好了,我们所要做的就是做两次观测,并对它们做笔记,对不对?
Professor: Oh, that's a start, but you'll need to do some research, too.
教授:这是一个开始,但你也需要做一些研究。
Then you'll write a paper that's not so much about the observations but a synthesis of what you've observed and read.
然后你要写一篇论文,不是关于你的观察,而是综合你所观察到和读到的内容。
Man: OK, and what about the children I am supposed to observe?
学生:好吧,我要观察的孩子们该怎么办?
Professor: Not children, a single child observed twice.
教授:不是孩子们,而是观察同一个孩子两次。
Man: Oh, OK! So I should choose a child, with the permission of the child's parents, of course, and then observe that child a couple of times and take good notes, then?
学生:好的,所以我要在获得孩子父母同意的情况下选择一个孩子,然后观察那个孩子几次,并且做好笔记,然后?
Professor: Actually, after your first observation, you'll go back and look through your textbook or go to the library and find a few sources concerning the stage of development this particular child is in.
教授:其实,在你第一次观察后,你回去浏览你的教材或者去图书馆,找到有关这个特定的孩子所处的发展阶段的资料。
And then, with that knowledge, you'll make a second observation of the same child to see if the expected developmental behaviors are exhibited.
然后,有了这些知识,你对同一个孩子做第二次观察,看是否预期发展行为出现。
Man: Can you give me an example?
学生:你能给我举个例子么?
Professor: Well, uh, if you observed a four-year-old child, uh, for example, my daughter is four years old, you might read up on Piaget's Stages of Cognitive Development.
教授:好的,如果你观察一个4岁的孩子,我女儿4岁,你可能在皮亚杰的的认知发展阶段上熟读过。
We covered those in class.
我们上课涉及过。
Man: Uh huh.
学生:是的。
Professor: Most likely, what stage would a child of that age be in?
教授:那么这个年龄的小孩子最有可能处在什么阶段?
Man: Um, the pre-operational stage?
学生:前运算阶段?
Professor: Exactly! If that's the case, her language use would be maturing and her memory and imagination would be developed.
教授:正是,如果是那种情况,她语言的运用应该成熟了,而她的记忆力和形象力也发展了。
Man: So she might play pretend, like she can pretend when driving her toy car across the couch that the couch is actually a bridge or something.
学生:那么她可能会玩模仿,比如她可能假装她开着她的玩具车穿过一个睡椅,而那个睡椅可能是一个桥或者什么的。
Professor: That's right!
教授:是的。
In addition, her thinking would be primarily egocentric.
另外,她的思考主要是自我为中心的。
Man: So she'd be thinking mostly about herself and her own needs and might not be able to see things from anyone else's perspective?
学生:那么她主要会思考她自己和她自己的需求,可能不能够从别人的角度看待事情?
Professor: Um hmm.
教授:是的。
Man: But, what if she doesn't?
学生:但是如果她不呢?
I mean, what if she doesn't demonstrate those behaviors?
我的意思是,如果她不能展现出这些行为呢?
Professor: That's fine.
教授:那也没问题。
You'll note that in your paper.
你可以在你的论文中指出这一点。
See, your paper should compare what is expected of children at certain stage of development with what you actually observe.
你的论文应该将孩子预期所在的发展阶段和你事实上观察到的作比较。
Man: OK. I have one more question, now.
学生:好的,我还有一个问题。
Professor: And what's that?
教授:什么?
Man: Where can I find a child to observe?
学生:我到哪里可以找个孩子来观察?
Professor: Um, I'd suggest you contact the Education Department secretary.
教授:我建议你联系教育系的秘书。
She has a list of contacts of various schools and with certain families who are somehow connected to the University.
她有一张清单,清单上有不同学校和与这些学校有所关联的家庭的联系方式。
Sometimes they are willing to help out students with projects like yours.
有些时候,他们愿意帮助有你这种项目的学生。
Man: OK, I'll stop by the Education Department Office this afternoon.
学生:我今天下午去一下教育系办公室。
Professor: And if you have any trouble or any more questions, feel free to come by during my office hours.
教授:如果你还有什么问题,在我办公时间,你可以随意来。
题型分类:主旨题
题干分析:why go to see 表明是目的主旨题
选项分析:
对话开头学生说话的时候,提出了自己的想法,I want to,I hope等提示词比较明显,注意后面的动词talk about和clarify,同时注意动词的宾语,也就是talk和clarify的内容,由原文信息希望教授说明assigned project的内容,找到对应的同义转述,选项C正确。
解锁权益,查看完整解题思路
更多特权写作范文
题目解析
口语范例
写作批改
10大权益
最低,立即开通
上一题
Official 14 Lec 4下一题
Official 13 Lec 1