原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a facility manager at the university.

旁白:听一段学生和设施管理员的对话。

Woman: Hi, I am Melanie, the one who's been calling.

学生:你好!我是梅兰尼,刚才我已经电话联系过了。

Man: From the Singing Group, right?

管理员:是合唱团那边么?

Woman: From the Choir.

学生:是唱诗班。

Man: Right! The Choir.

管理员:对,是唱诗班。

It's nice to finally meet you in person.

终于和你碰面了,这太好了。

So, you're having problem with?

恩,你在哪些事情上碰到麻烦了?

Woman: Noise, like I explained on the phone, we've always had our rehearsals in the Lincoln Auditorium, every day at three o'clock, and it's always worked just great.

学生:噪音。正如我在电话里所讲述的那样,我们一直以来都把我们的排练安排在林肯礼堂,时间3点,这个安排一直都还好。

But the past few weeks, with the noise, it's been a total nightmare, since construction started next door on the Science Hall.

不过前几周隔壁科学厅装修弄出来的噪音,成了我们的噩梦。

Man: Oh, that's right!

管理员:恩,是这样的。

They're building that addition for new laboratory.

他们在添建几间新的实验室。

Woman: Exactly! Anyway, ever since they started working on it, it's been so noisy that we can barely hear ourselves sing!

学生:事情确实如此。不过,自从他们开工以后,声响太吵了,搞得我们听不到自己唱歌的声音了。

Man: Let alone singing!

管理员:除了唱歌呢?

Woman: Forget about singing!

学生:先不说唱歌。

I mean we keep the windows down and everything, but once those bulldozers get going, I mean those machines are loud.

我的意思是,我们把门窗之类的东西都关了,但推土机一运作起来,那玩意儿的动静确实太大。

We've already had to cut short two rehearsals and we've got a concert in six weeks.

我们现在已经缩短了两次排练的时间,并且我们6周之后就有一场演出。

Man: Well, that's not good.

管理员:嗯,情况确实不大好。

I'm assuming you've tried to reschedule your rehearsals?

我想你们可能已经尝试调整过排练日程了?

They don't do construction work at night.

他们晚上不会开工。

Woman: I ran that by the group, but there were just too many, I mean, evenings are really hard.

学生:我试过了让班里的成员晚上排练,不过麻烦太多了。我的意思是把排练安排在晚上确实困难。

It seems like every one in the Choir already has plans, and some even has classes at night.

好像唱诗班的成员在晚上都有安排,有的晚上还有课。

Man: And what about the music building?

管理员:音乐楼那边呢?

Woman: You know, originally we were booked in one of the rehearsal rooms in the music building, but then we switched with the jazz ensemble.

学生:恐怕您也知道,我们本来在那儿登记了一间排演室,不过后来和爵士班换了一下。

They are a much smaller group and they said the acoustics, the sound in that room, was better for them.

他们组员少得多,那儿的音效对他们更适合。

So having us move to a bigger space, like the Lincoln Auditorium, seems like a reasonable idea.

所以,他们把我们换到更大的林肯礼堂也很有道理。

Man: But, now...

管理员:不过现在……

Woman: All that noise! I don't know.

学生:就是那些噪音。我也不知道怎么办才好。

I just wonder if the jazz ensemble knew what was going to happen.

现在我怀疑爵士班的人预先知道林肯礼堂附近会大兴土木。

Man: Well, that wouldn't be very nice.

管理员:嗯,这个想法似乎不太好。

Woman: No, but it really was quite a coincidence.

学生:是的。不过这也太巧了!

Anyway, now the music building's fully booked, mornings, afternoons, everything.

不管怎样,现在音乐楼那边都已经订满了,早上、下午都没有空位。

We just need a quite space, and it has to have a piano.

我们只想找个安静的地方,嗯,那儿还得有钢琴。

Man: A piano! Of course, uh, some of the other auditoriums have pianos but that's not going to be easy.

管理员:有钢琴。别的礼堂当然有钢琴,不过安排起来也不容易。

Woman: You think they're pretty booked up?

学生:你认为那些地方也都差不多预定满了吗?

Man: Probably, but it can't hurt to check, what about Bradford Hall?

管理员:很可能。不过查一下也不费事。布拉福德厅怎样?

I remember a piano in the old student center there.

我记得那儿的老学生中心里面就有钢琴。

Woman: At this point, we'd be grateful for any quite place.

学生:到这个节骨眼上了,我们能找到一个安静的地方就是运气了。

Man: Can you... how flexible can you be on times?

管理员:你们能……嗯,你们时间安排够灵活么?

You said no evenings, but what if I can't find something open at three o'clock?

你刚才提到晚上不合适,如果我找不到3点左右的排练室,别的行吗?

Can you move earlier, or later?

你们能把排练时间调到早一些的,或是晚一些的吗?

Woman: I wish I could say another time would be OK, but, you know how it is – everybody's already got commitments for the whole semester.

学生:我也希望别的时间能够满足我们的要求,但你也知道事情有多麻烦,每个人都把整学期的事情安排好了。

2:30 or 3:30 would probably be OK, but I don't think we could go much outside that.

两点半或者三点半大概可以,这个范围外的时间我想我们不能接受。

Man: Well, check with me tomorrow morning.

管理员:嗯,明天早上来找我吧。

I should've found something by then.

到那会儿我应该能够找到合适的地方。

It might not be ideal.

(结果)有可能不太理想。

Woman: As long as it's got a piano and nobody's putting up a building next door, we'll be happy.

学生:只要有一台钢琴,并且再隔壁没人在造楼,我们就会很开心。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:主旨题

题干分析:want the man to do实际是解决问题的办法,也就涉及到了问题和解决方法,需要从主旨角度考虑

选项分析:

这篇对话主旨需要总结,学生提出的要求也不在开头位置,学生先来说明了问题是什么,双方讨论了可能的解决方案改时间,或者换到提及的其他地方目前都不能满足,之后学生才提出了need a quiet space,这题也可以使用排除法,A中postpone错误,B中change the schedule未提及,只说fully booked,C中move a piano是错误的。

解锁权益,查看完整解题思路

更多特权
  • 写作范文

  • 题目解析

  • 口语范例

  • 写作批改

  • 10大权益

最低,立即开通

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 17 Lec 4

下一题

Official 16 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消