原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a library employee.

旁白:听一段学生和图书馆管理员之间的对话。

Student: Excuse me, I received a letter that I am supposed to return a book that I checked out back in September, it’s called Modern Social Problems.

学生:打扰了,我收到一封要求我归还一本我9月份时候借出的书的信,这本书叫做《现代社会问题》。

But I am writing my senior thesis, so I thought I was allowed to keep the book for the whole academic year.

但我正在写我的论文,所以,我当时觉得我可以占用这本书一整个学年。

Librarian: So you signed up for extended borrowing privileges?

管理员:那你完成延期续借的程序了吗?

Student: Yeah.

学生:是的。

Librarian: And we are still asking you to bring the book back?

管理员:这样的话,我们还在要求你把书还回来?

Student: Uh-huh. Do I really have to?

学生:嗯,对。我真的要把书还回去吗?

Librarian: Well, let me check the computer.

管理员:好吧,我上网查一下。

The title was ... Modern Social Problems?

这本书名字叫……叫《现代社会问题》?

Student: Yeah.

学生:是的。

Librarian: Eh... Ok, yeah.

管理员:嗯……好的,是的。

It’s been recalled.

这本书是被要求归还了。

You can keep it all year as long as no one else requests it, but someone else has, it looks like one of the professors in the sociology department.

只要没有人要求借走它,你在将来的一整个学年都可以占用它,但不巧的是,有人要借,而且这个人好像还是社会学系的某一位教授。

So you have to bring it back.

所以你只能把书还回来了。

You can check it out again when it is returned in a couple of weeks.

你可以在几周后,它被重新归还时再借出去。

Student: What if the person renews it?

学生:但是要是那个人又续借了呢?

And I really need it right now.

我现在真的很需要它。

Librarian: All of it?

管理员:整本书你都要吗?

Or is there a certain section or chapter you are working with?

还是,你只需要这本书的某一部分?

Student: Well, there’s one chapter of the book in particular I am working with, but why?

学生:嗯,我要用的是书里的一章,这有用吗?

Librarian: Well, we normally don’t do this, but because of the circumstances we can photocopy up to one chapter for you.

管理员:嗯,我们一般来说都不会这么做的,但因为在这种情况下我们可以为你扫描你要的那章,所以我这样问你。

Why don’t you do that for the one you are working with right now?

你为何不把你要用的那章马上扫描下来呢?

And by the time you need the rest of the book, maybe it’ll have been returned.

等到你需要这本书的别的内容的时候,没准那时候书已经还回来了。

Student: Oh, that would be great!

学生:哦,这太棒了!

Librarian: Do you have it with you?

管理员:书你带过来了吗?

Student: Eh... no, it’s in my dorm room.

学生:嗯……没有,书在我的寝室里。

These are books I want to check out today.

这些书是我今天要借的。

Is it OK if I bring that by in a couple of days?

我能过几天再把书带过来吗?

Librarian: Actually, the due date is tomorrow.

管理员:事情是这样的,明天是这本书归还的截止日期。

After that, there’ll be a two dollar per day fine.

在此之后,就会有每天两美金的罚款。

But you need to return it today if you want to check out any books today.

而且你必须今天就把书还回来,如果你还想借书出去的话。

That’s our policy.

这是我们的规矩。

Student: Oh, I see.

学生:哦,我明白了。

Librarian: Yeah, not a lot of people realize that.

管理员:嗯,其实有很多学生不知道是这么回事情。

In fact, every semester we get a few students who've had their borrowing privileges suspended completely because they haven’t returned books.

每一学期我们都能碰到一些学生因为没能按期还书而丧失了外借资格的。

They are allowed to use books only in the library.

他们现在只能在图书馆里面看。

They are not allowed to check anything out because of unreturned books.

他们因为没有还书,不能外借任何书籍。

Student: That’s not good.

学生:那不太好。

I guess I should head back down to the dorm right now.

我想我应该现在就回宿舍一趟。

Librarian: But before you go, what you should do is fill out a form requesting the book back in two weeks.

管理员:你走之前,要做的事情是把这张要求两周之内还书的表填了。

Then the person who requested it won’t be able to renew it.

这样的话,那位借书人就不能借完之后续借它了。

And you’ll get it back quickly.

你还得尽快把书还回来。

Student: I’ll do that right now!

学生:我马上办!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:主旨题

题干分析:why does go问的是对话的目的,属于目的主旨题

选项分析:

注意对话开头的问题表述,男生自己的问题是被要求还书,注意thought的提示,原以为,表示和事实相反,最后图书管理员确认之后,男生问Do I really have to?确认自己是否必须还书,对应选项B正确。
D选项suspended并未发生,学生开头只是想确认是否必须还书,同时后面提到不及时还书的话,会发生的事情是suspended(将来),而不是现在的既成事实。

解锁权益,查看完整解题思路

更多特权
  • 写作范文

  • 题目解析

  • 口语范例

  • 写作批改

  • 10大权益

最低,立即开通

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 21 Lec 4

下一题

Official 20 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消