Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and the director of campus activities.
旁白:请听一段学生与校园活动主任之间的对话。
Student: I'm here 'cause... well, there's something I don't understand.
学生:我来是……呃,我有件事我不太明白。
I set an announcement for an event.
我发了一个事件的声明。
And this morning I checked the events section of the university's website.
但是今天早上我查询校园网站的事件栏。
And nothing, there is no mention of it.
却没发现任何有关的消息。
Director: And when did you summit this request?
主任:你是什么时候提交的申请?
Student: Last Wednesday.
学生:上周三。
I followed the instructions very carefully.
我仔细的按照要求做的。
I am sure it was Wednesday, because I know announcements have be submitted three business days ahead of the posting day.
我确定是上个周三,因为我知道声明必须在公布之日的三个工作日之前提交。
Director: And what's it for?
主任:是有关什么的声明呢?
Student: A reading.
学生:关于阅读的。
Director: A reading?
主任:阅读?
Student: Yes. A poetry reading.
学生:是的,诗歌阅读。
Director: Oh, OK. When is it?
主任:哦,好。什么时候?
Student: In three days.
学生:三天后。
It is an author from France we have been trying to get for a while.
是我们一直想要联系的一位法国作家。
And now that he's finally agreed to come, no one will be there.
现在他终于同意要来了,却没人去参加。
Director: Wow. This person is really coming all the way from France?
主任:哇,他真的大老远的法国来啊?
Student: Oh, no. He is teaching in New York City this year.
学生:哦,不是。他在法国教的很好,今年他要来纽约授课。
We were able to sell him on the idea by promising there will be a nice size crowd.
我们可以通过许诺他,会有一个很大一群人来推荐他的想法。
I felt confident about that because I know how enthusiastic our group is.
我们十分有信心能够将他推荐给广大的读者,因为我们的团体中对他十分推崇。
Director: And your group?
主任:你们的团体?
Do you have a name?
有名字吗?
Student: Um? Well, it is kind of a loose group, you know, just a bunch of students in the French department who are interested in French literature.
学生:呃?我们的团体比较松散,就是法语系的一些对法国文学感兴趣的学生。
There's no formal structure or anything.
还没有正式的组织或其它的。
I guess you could call us the French Literature Reading Group.
我想你可以叫我们法国文学阅读俱乐部。
Director: OK. And it is a recognized group?
主任:好的。你们的团体是认证团体吗?
By the university, I mean.
我的意思是在学校。
Student: No
学生:不是。
Director: OK.
主任:好的。
Student: But the French Department is funding this, on the condition that we do all the legwork.
学生:但是如果我们承担所有的外勤工作,法语系会为我们赞助。
Director: All right.
主任:好的。
Hold on a second while I check.
请等一下,我需要查一下。
Well, it looks like we did receive your announcement last Wednesday.
好了,看来我们的确在上个星期三接到了你的声明。
Uh, looks like the editors must have decided not to include your event in this week's listings.
但是估计是编辑决定不把你们的活动登在本周的目录中。
Student: Not included? Why?
学生:不发表,为什么?
Director: Well, we don't post things automatically.
主任:是这样的,我们并不是自动发表的。
We get so many requests that we couldn't possibly post them all.
我们有许多要求,所以不能发表所有的项目。
So events that are thought to be too specialized, without the potential for really wide appeal...
所以那些被认为太过于专业化,不具有广泛吸引力的活动就……
Student: Wow, I've gotta say, that does surprise me.
学生:哇,我不得不说我很惊讶。
What am I gonna do now?
现在我该怎么办呢?
I mean, he really is quite famous.
我的意思是,他的确是十分有名。
I really do think there would be a genuine interest beyond my group.
我真的觉得除了我们的团队还会有很多人真正对此有兴趣。
It would be a shame if no one showed up because there wasn't enough publicity.
如果是因为宣传不够而没有人参加,那将会是个遗憾。
So anyone else I can talk to?
我还可以跟其他人谈谈吗?
Director: I don't think that would do you much good since we are already working on next week's schedule.
主任:我认为那也不会有什么用,因为我们已经开始做下个星期的计划了。
But maybe you could ask the French department to post the announcement on its website.
但是你或许可以让法语系的网站发一个声明。
And maybe you could approach some other departments as well, you know, relevant ones.
你还可以跟其它系联系一下,跟这个有关系的系。
Student: I knew we should have done a poster.
学生:我就知道我应该做一个海报。
But everybody was like, oh, you can just post it online.
但大家都说,哦,你只要在网上宣传就可以了。
In any event, thanks for your help.
不管怎么样,谢谢你的帮助。
It's something to consider.
你的建议值得考虑。
题型分析:主旨题
选项分析:学生开门见山说来的目的,她在学校网站提交了活动公告发布申请,但是却没有被发布。老师告诉学生,是网站编辑认为女生申请的活动太过于小众,不具备吸引力,选C,C项post为对话mention 的同义替换。
解锁权益,查看完整解题思路
更多特权写作范文
题目解析
口语范例
写作批改
10大权益
最低,立即开通
上一题
Official 24 Lec 4下一题
Official 23 Lec 1