原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and his academic advisor.

旁白:听一段学生和他学术导师的一段对话。

Professor: Hi, Mark. What can I do for you?

教授:你好,马克。我可以帮你点什么?

Student: I am just filling out this approval for graduation form for the dean's office, and I don't know, I hope I will be able to graduate next semester.

学生:我在给院长办公室填写毕业许可表,我不知道,我希望我下个学期可以毕业。

Professor: Well, as long as you've met the departmental requirements and you submit the form on time, you shouldn't have any problem.

教授:好的,只要你满足了专业要求,并且暗示提交表格,你就不应该有任何问题。

Make sure you include all the classes you will have taken for your degree in finance and the electives too.

记得要包括所有你为你学位上的金融及其他选修课。

Student: Yeah, but as I look over the form, I got confused because of the way, um…they've changed the requirements.

学生:好的,但是当我看表格时,我感到很困惑,因为从样子看来,嗯……他们改变了要求。

So now I am not sure I will be qualified to graduate next semester.

所以现在我不是很肯定我下个学期是否可以毕业。

I know I would, before, under the old requirements.

我知道,在原来的要求下,我可以毕业。

Professor: Well, when the business department changed the curriculum to include more courses in international business, to...well, because of the increasing globalization of business.

教授:当贸易专业,由于增加的全球化贸易改变课程,包括更多国际贸易课程时。

We made sure that students who have finished their second year, that is, those who are in their third or fourth year, wouldn't be affected.

我们确保那些已经完成他们第二学年的,那些已经处于他们4年学习中的第三年的学生,不会受到影响。

The new rules only apply to students in their first or second year.

新的规则只对第一或者第二学年的学生适用。

Student: That's good to know.

学生:那太好了。

Uh... the department's hiring new faculty too I heard, to teach some of the new courses.

呃……我听说这个专业也在招聘新的教员,去教授一些新的课程。

But I want to...

但是我想……

Professor: Yes. One new faculty member has been hired.

教授:是的。有一个新教员被雇佣了。

She will be teaching International Banking as a matter of fact.

事实上,她会教授国际银行业务。

Student: Actually, that's what I want to ask about--International Banking.

学生:事实上,那是我想问的——国际银行业务。

I took International Banking 1, but I never took International Banking 2.

我上过国际银行业务1,但是没上过2.

It used to be that the second semester of International Banking was an elective, but now it says it's a required class.

过去国际银行业务2是选修的,但是这个现在变成了必修课。

Professor: Yes. But that's one of the recent changes. So...

教授:是的,这也是最近的变化之一,所以……

Student: Oh, Oh, OK. Oh. And ... and I am planning to take a management course next semester, but I don't know if it's ... if it will count toward my major.

学生:哦,好的。下个学期我打算拿管理课程,但是我不知道它算不算……在我的专业里面。

Professor: What's the course?

教授:什么课?

Student: Organizational Behavior.

学生:组织行为学。

Professor: Yes. That will count toward your major.

教授:是的。这个会算在你专业里。

That's a difficult class, you know.

这门课很难,你知道的。

But well worth it.

但是很值得上一下。

So it looks like you will have all the required classes you need.

那么看上去你会有所有你需要完成的课程。

You should be just fine.

你不会有问题的。

Uh... I assume you have taken a seminar?

我认为你已经上过论文研讨班了?

Student: Yeah, I took the marketing seminar.

学生:是的,我上了市场营销研讨班。

Professor: OK. You are looking good.

教授:你看上去不错。

Just to be on the safe side, why don't you talk to someone in the dean's office before you give them the form?

为了安全起见,你为什么不在你递交表格之前,和院长办公室的人谈一谈?

Student: OK. So should I just explain to them that even though one of these classes got changed from an elective to a required class, I don't have to take it?

学生:好的。所以我需要向他们解释,即使其中一门课从选修课变成必修课,我仍然不需要去上这门课?

Professor: Yes. You've met the requirements for graduation.

教授:是的。你已经符合了毕业的要求。

And if there's something I need to do ... if I need to write a letter or whatever, just let me know.

如果有什么事情需要我做……如果我需要写一封信或者什么的,就告诉我。

Student: OK. Thanks. I'll let you know if I need that letter.

学生:好的,谢了。如果我需要信我会告诉你的。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:主旨题

选项分析:学生说想知道自己能否able to graduate next semester顺利毕业。系里对课业要求进行了改动,学生不知是否满足毕业条件,选A

解锁权益,查看完整解题思路

更多特权
  • 写作范文

  • 题目解析

  • 口语范例

  • 写作批改

  • 10大权益

最低,立即开通

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 26 Lec 4

下一题

Official 25 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消