原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to part of a conversation at the information desk in the library.

旁白:听一段在图书馆服务台的对话。

Librarian: Hi. Can I help you?

图书管理员:我可以帮你点什么?

Student: Where do I go, besides the computers, to look for books on New Zealand?

学生:除了在电脑上,我还可以去哪里找关于新西兰的书?

Librarian: OK. You mean you don't want to use the computer?

图书管理员:好的。你的意思是你不想使用电脑?

Student: Well, I haven't had any luck on the computers here.

学生:我在这里的电脑上运气着实不佳。

Librarian: OK. I mean the reason I am asking is you pretty much have to go to the computer to find out where a book is.

图书管理员:好的,我问你的原因是你还是很需要通过电脑去发现书是在哪里的。

But I can help you find it on the computer if you like.

如果你喜欢的话,我可以用电脑帮你查一下。

Student: That would be great.

学生:那太棒了。

I just spent half an hour and I couldn't find anything.

我刚花了半小时,但是我什么也没找到。

Librarian: I know how you feel.

图书管理员:我知道你是怎么感觉的。

When I first started working here, I couldn't find anything either.

当我第一次在这里工作的时候,我也什么东西都找不到。

So you are looking for information on New Zealand, is that right?

所以,你是在找关于新西兰的信息,对吗?

Student: Yes.

学生:是的。

Librarian: Is it like travel information that you are looking for?

图书管理员:你找的是类似旅游信息的内容吗?

Student: Uh, no. Actually what I am looking for is information on a volcano in New Zealand.

学生:不。我找的是新西兰火山的信息。

Librarian: Oh. OK. Because I know a travel agency that specializes in tours in New Zealand and Australia.

图书管理员:好的。因为我认识一个在新西兰和澳大利亚专注于观光的旅行社。

Student: Oh. I'd love to go. I heard it's beautiful.

学生:哦,我很想去。我听说那里很漂亮。

Librarian: Yeah.

图书管理员:是的。

Student: Maybe someday.

学生:也许哪一天吧。

Librarian: Yup. OK. Let's see…OK.

图书管理员:好的,让我看看……

If you want to search the library holdings and don't know the author's name or the exact title of the book or an article, you have to set up a keyword search.

如果你想在图书馆藏中找,但是不知道作者的名字或者具体的书名或文章的标题,你必须设置一个关键字查询。

It is a special function.

这是一个特别的功能。

Then you can just type in some keywords and let the computer do the search.

然后你能够打一些关键字,让电脑来搜索。

Student: I see.

学生:我明白了。

Librarian: OK. Oh, how about if we search for volcanoes and New Zealand?

图书管理员:好的。噢,我们搜索一下火山和新西兰怎么样?

Student: Sounds good.

学生:听上去不错。

Librarian: It's for a geology class?

图书管理员:这是为地质学课程找的?

Student: Mhmm.

学生:恩。

Librarian: Ha! You must be from Professor Simpson's class.

图书管理员:那你肯定是上辛普森教授的课。

Student: No.

学生:不是的。

Librarian: Oh. Well, he is a volcano expert, so I thought he might be teaching your class.

图书管理员:好吧,他是个火山专家,所以我认为他可能教授你的课。

Student: No, I've heard he is really good though.

学生:不,尽管我听说过他真的很棒。

Librarian: Yeah. That's what everyone says.

图书管理员:是的,每个人都那么说。

Do you know the name of the volcano?

你知道那个火山的名字吗?

Student: Mount Ruapehu.

学生:鲁阿佩胡火山。

Librarian: Can you spell that?

图书管理员:你可以拼写一下吗?

Student: Sure. It is R-U-A-P-E-H-U.

学生:当然,它是R-U-A-P-E-H-U。

Librarian: OK. Mount Ruapehu. Let's see.

图书管理员:好的,鲁阿佩胡火山。让我看看。

So are you a geology major?

你是地质学专业吗?

Student: Hem. Hardly.

学生:不是的。

Librarian: Let me guess, you have to take a science course and you don't want to have to deal with biology, chemistry or physics.

图书管理员:让我猜猜,你必须要上科学课程,但是你不想上生物、化学、物理学之类的课。

Student: Exactly. But it's actually turned out to be a pretty interesting class.

学生:是的。但是它还是一个挺有意思的课程。

Librarian: Well, that's good.

图书管理员:那很好。

Um, does it have to be a book?

必须要一本书吗?

Or could you use a journal article?

你或许可以用一篇期刊论文?

Student: Mhmm, no, either one would be fine.

学生:不一定是说,随便哪一个都可以。

Librarian: OK. Well, here's a journal article.

图书管理员:好的,这里有一篇期刊论文。

Let me check to see if we have it.

让我查查我们有没有这篇论文,

OK. We have the article, but it is from 2001.

但是它来自于2001年的期刊。

Is that OK, do you think?

那个可以吗,你认为?

Student: Well, I'd like to have a look at it.

学生:我想看一下。

The focus is really on eruptions in the last five years, but it might have some useful background material.

我的重点其实是在过去5年的喷发,但是它可能是一些有用的背景资料。

Librarian: OK. Well, let's see what else we can find.

图书管理员:好的,让我看看我们还能找到些什么。

Student: Sounds good.

学生:听上去不错。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:主旨题

选项分析:学生问管理员不用电脑怎么查找关于新西兰的书,说自己在电脑上查找不到I haven’t had any ...选B项。

解锁权益,查看完整解题思路

更多特权
  • 写作范文

  • 题目解析

  • 口语范例

  • 写作批改

  • 10大权益

最低,立即开通

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 28 Lec 4

下一题

Official 27 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消