Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee at the university center for off-campus study.
旁白:听一段学生和大学中心工作人员关于校外学习的对话。
Student: Hi. I am Tom Arnold.
学生:你好,我是Tom Arnold。
I am supposed to pick up a packet from the regional center for marine research.
我应该从海洋研究区域中心拿一个包裹。
I am doing an internship there this summer.
我今年暑假在那里实习。
Employee: Yes. I have it right here.
工作人员:好的。就在这里。
The mail carrier dropped it off a few minutes ago.
邮递员几分钟之前刚把它投递过来。
Student: Thanks. Um…I wanted to ask about getting credits for the internship.
学生:谢谢。额……我想问问实习学分的事情。
I don't know if…
我不知道是否………
Employee: I might be able to help you with that.
工作人员:我可能可以帮你。
Is there a problem?
有什么问题吗?
Student: I just wanted to make sure the details have been corrected.
学生:我只是想确定所有的细节都是正确的。
The system should show that I am registered to earn four credits.
系统应该显示我登记获得4个学分。
But as of Friday, nothing was showing up yet.
但是到周五了还什么都没显示。
I was told it would be fixed this morning.
我被通知今天早上会修好。
Employee: Well, I can check on the computer for you.
工作人员:好的,我帮你在电脑上查一下。
Tom Arnold, right?
Tom Arnold对吧?
Student: Yes.
学生:是的。
Employee: Well, it is showing credits…but only three.
工作人员:它显示出了学分,但是只有3个学分。
Student: Really?! So now what?
学生:真的?现在该怎么办?
These all have to be finalized last week.
这些上个星期都截止了。
Employee: Well, yes. The course enrollment period ended last week.
工作人员:是的。上个星期课程登记就截止了。
But since our office was supposed to get this straightened out for you before then…Let me see what I can do.
但是,既然我们办公室应该在那之前把这个更正过来,让我看看我能做点什么。
Uh…did the university give approval for you to earn four credits for this internship?
学校对于你这个实习获得4个学分这件事许可了吗?
Because the other students at the center for marine research are only getting three.
因为其他在海洋研究中心的学生都只有3个学分。
Student: Um…I am pretty sure those other students are doing the internship at the center's aquarium, taking classes in marine biology and then teaching visitors about the various displays.
学生:我很肯定有其他在中心水族馆实习的学生,他们上了海洋生物学的课程,然后再教导游客各种表演。
I am doing a special research internship with the center.
我在中心做的是特别的研究实习。
We'll be collecting data on changes to the seafloor out in the open ocean.
我们要在开阔的海洋中,收集海底变化的数据。
Employee: Oh. That sounds quite advanced.
工作人员:噢,这听上去很高级。
Student: Well, the internship requires me to have scuba diving certification and to be a senior oceanography student.
学生:是的,这个实习要求我得有水肺潜水证书,而且必须是一个高年级海洋学的学生。
I want to do advanced study in oceanography when I graduate.
我毕业以后打算在海洋学方面做高级的研究。
So I really want to get a sense of what real research is like.
所以我真的很想知道真正的研究是怎么样的。
Employee: I see. Now let's try and see if we can…
工作人员:好明白了。现在,让我看看我是否能够…
Oh. OK. I see the problem.
噢,好的,我明白问题在哪了。
There are two kinds of internships listed here--regular and research.
在这里列出了两种实习——普通的和研究类的。
Yours is listed as regular so it is only showing three credits.
你的被标为普通的,所以只显示了3个学分。
Student: Can you switch it?
学生:你能转换它吗?
Employee: Not yet. But it lists Professor Leonard as…
工作人员:还不行。但是上面将Leonard教授列为………
Student: She is in charge of all the internships.
学生:她负责所有的实习。
Employee: She just needs to send an email so I have an official record.
工作人员:她只要寄一份email,这样我就有官方的记录了。
Then I can switch it.
这样我就可以改了。
And that should solve everything.
那就可以解决所有事情了。
Student: Great! And I know Professor Leonard is in her office this afternoon, so I can go there later.
学生:太好了。我知道今天下午Lenard教授在她办公室,所以待会儿我就可以去那儿。
It will be such a relief to get all these paperwork completed.
把这些所有的书面文件都完成了就会轻松多了。
解锁权益,查看完整解题思路
更多特权写作范文
题目解析
口语范例
写作批改
10大权益
最低,立即开通
上一题
Official 31 Lec 2下一题
Official 31 Lec 3