Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the university housing office.
旁白:请听一段学生和大学住宿办公室雇员的对话。
Employee: Hi. Can I help you?
雇员:嗨,有什么可以帮到你的吗?
Student: I hope so.
学生:有的。
I am taking a class this summer and I need to see about getting campus housing.
我这个暑假修了一门课,我需要找学校里的住处。
Employee: Oh, sorry.
雇员:哦,很抱歉。
I am afraid the deadline to apply for summer housing in the dormitories has already passed.
申请学校的宿舍的截止日期已经过去了。
I could help you look for something off campus.
我可以帮你找找校外住宿。
Student: Well, see, I only found out yesterday I need to take this course.
学生:你看,我昨天才发现我得上这门课。
It wasn't really my idea.
这真的不是我故意的。
I mean I was gonna take it in the fall.
我的意思是我本来是秋天修这门课的。
It is a course I need for my major in Cognitive Science, Professor Wilson was supposed to teach it but now...
这是我认知科学的主修专业需要选的一门课,Wilson教授本来是可以秋季来教这门课的,但是现在……
Employee: Oh, right. I heard he is taking a last-minute leave of absence next year.
雇员:哦,对的。我听说他临时决定明年不在校了。
I hope everything is okay.
希望你们一切都好。
Student: Oh yeah. He'll be in Botswana helping develop the new cognitive science program at our sister university there.
学生:哦是的。他要去我们的兄弟学校,在Botswana,去发展那边的新的认知科学项目。
Anyway I have to take the course this summer if I want to graduate on time.
不论如何我必须这个暑假上了这门课,如果我想按时毕业的话。
I’ve got a note from the dean approving the whole situation.
我从院长那里开了一张条子,来帮我一路开绿灯。
Employee: Oh, well, in that case I guess we'd better make an exception for you.
雇员:哦,好的,既然这样我觉得我们要给你破例了。
Only problem is most of the bedrooms are gone already.
唯一一个问题是大多数的宿舍已经有人住了。
Was there any particular dorm you were interested in?
你有什么对于住宿的偏好吗?
Student: Well, I’m in Randolph Hall right now, but my roommate's graduating in May so I have signed up for a single in Murphy for the fall, room 206.
学生:嗯,我现在住在Randolph Hall,但是我的舍友五月就毕业了,所以我要在Murphy申请秋季的单人间,房间号是206。
I was hoping I might be able to just move in there now.
我希望现在就可以搬进去。
Employee: Well, let's see what the computer says.
雇员:让我查一下电脑哈。
Sorry, that room's scheduled for repainting and maintenance over the summer.
不好意思,那间屋子需要在暑期进行粉刷和保养。
So I can't give it to you.
所以我不能把它安排给你。
Student: I don't really care if it's repainted.
学生:我其实不介意它是不是再次粉刷过。
I’ll be covering most of the walls with posters anyway.
我会把大多数的墙壁贴上海报的。
Couldn't I just take it as is?
我可以就这样住进去吗?
Employee: Sorry, no. It is actually a city ordinance.
雇员:抱歉,不行的。这实际上是城市的一条条例。
All rental rooms including dorm rooms have to be painted at least once every five years.
所有出租的房间,包括大学宿舍,至少要每五年粉刷一次。
Student: Oh, well, how about if I stay where I’m for the summer?
学生:好吧,那我可以继续住我现在的宿舍吗?
I’m pretty sure they just painted it a couple years ago.
我很确定它最近几年被粉刷过。
Employee: Hang on, let me check.
雇员:稍等,让我查一下。
You said Randolph, right?
你是说继续住在Randolph,对吗?
Student: Room 122.
学生:房间号是122。
Employee: Oops. Afraid not.
雇员:哦。可能不行。
The entire floor is taken.
整层楼都已经有人住了。
Student: Oh, well. Guess I’ll just have to move twice.
学生:哦好吧,我可能需要搬两次宿舍了。
Employee: One sec. I've got one more idea.
雇员:稍等一下,我有了个主意。
Here we go. There is a room open in Murphy just down the hall from your new one.
你看。有一间Murphy的宿舍可以住,沿着走廊走一段路就是你秋季的新宿舍。
That way come fall, you'd only have to carry your things a few doors down.
这样等你到了秋季开学,你就只需要把东西搬到隔着几间屋的新宿舍就好了。
Student: Okay, works for me.
学生:好的,这个我可以接受。
Employee: Now, that room is a double.
雇员:这间屋是双人的。
Right now you have got it to yourself but there's a chance someone else might sign up at the last minute, not likely.
现在你自己住,但是也可能有人会住进来,这个不一定的。
But you could end up with a roommate for the summer.
你可能最终需要和一个舍友一起住到夏季结束。
Would that be okay?
你可以接受吗?
Student: Oh, sure. I can get along with anyone for a couple of months.
学生:哦,当然了。就几个月,我和谁一起住都行。
Employee: Okay, then, I will get the forms printed up.
雇员:好的,那么,我要打印表格了。
They should be ready for you by tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午你的屋子应该就准备好了。
You can stop by and sign them then.
你可以到时候过来停一下,把要签字的东西签了。
Student: Excellent, thanks.
学生:太棒了,谢谢你。
题型分类:细节题
题干分析:根据specific room in Murphy Hall定位
选项分析:对话中学生说I'm in Randall Hall right now…I've signed up for a single in Murphy for the fall. I was hoping I might be able to just move in there now...? 对应选项 B,其余选项在对话中都没有体现,故排除。
上一题
Official 39 Lec 4下一题
Official 38 Lec 1