原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a university activities coordinator.

旁白:接下来你会听到一段某个学生和大学活动协调员之间的对话。

Coordinator: I understand your problem, but the upper level of the Student Center isn't available for the time being.

协调员:我理解你的问题,但是学生活动中心的上层现在不可用。

Student: But my dance group has a performance coming up.

学生:但是我的舞蹈小组马上就快有一个表演了。

Coordinator: I've been talking with people all day long who are in the exact same situation.

协调员:我今天一整天都在和跟你同样情况的人协商这些事。

There are at least a dozen dance and drama groups on campus, and they are all scrambling for rehearsal space right now.

学校里至少有一打舞蹈小组和戏剧小组现在等着抢排练的地方呢。

Student: But I made this reservation last June, before leaving for the summer.

学生:但是我6月份就已经预约了,在暑假之前就预约了。

No one said anything about construction.

没有人提到任何关于施工的事情

Coordinator: That's because no one knew that the remodeling was gonna run over into the beginning of the school year.

协调员:那是因为那时候没有人知道,改造工程会一直持续到学期开始。

The builders are just way behind schedule.

建筑工人落后于预期进度太多

For a while, we weren't even sure that the dining hall on the lower level would be ready for the start of the semester.

有一阵我们甚至都怀疑,低层的餐厅能不能赶在新学期开学前完工。

So, it could've been a lot worse.

所以说,现在的情况已经算不错了,本来或许更加糟糕。

Student: So when will...?

学生:好吧,那什么时候……

Coordinator: The whole upper level will be ready in six weeks.

协调员:整个上面一层将会在6个星期内完工。

The rehearsal rooms, the game room, the computer center.

排练室,游戏室,以及电脑中心。

Student: Six weeks!

学生:6个星期!!

That's not gonna help me.

那我可能就糟了,

Our performance is in five weeks.

我们的演出还有5个星期就要开始了。

Coordinator: Are you part of the program they plan for parents' weekend?

协调员:你的舞蹈节目是不是为了在家长周表演?

Student: Yeah, the thing is we are a tap dancing group, and we need to practice on hard floors, preferably wood.

学生:是的,问题的关键是,我们是踢踏舞小组,必须在硬地板上练习,最好是木地板。

We can practice on carpet at first, but it's important for us to be able to hear our feet hit the floor.

我们可以暂时先在地毯上练习,但是能听到脚撞击地板的声音这一点对我们来说是非常重要的。

Coordinator: Interesting, uh, because of the rhythm, huh?

协调员:诶,还挺有趣的,是因为要听到节奏吗?

Student: Yeah, because the taping becomes part of the music.

学生:是的,因为踢踏舞的踢踏声,是音乐的一部分。

Coordinator: So the floors are very important.

协调员:所以说,跳舞的地板是非常重要的。

Student: Exactly, and just about everywhere on campus has carpeting.

学生:正是如此,而且学校不管什么地方都有地毯。

Coordinator: Well, there's always the stage at the student theatre.

协调员:学生的剧场一直都有舞台。

Though it's a long shot, we can look at the schedule.

虽然希望渺茫,但我们可以看看时间表,也许有些不常规的时间段是空闲的。

There might be some odd hours free.

虽然希望渺茫,但我们可以看看时间表,也许有些不常规的时间段是空闲的。

Student: What about in town?

学生:那么这个镇上呢?

Do you think the university could help us rent a rehearsal space in a commercial dance studio in town, given the situation?

你觉得,鉴于现在这个情况,学校有没有可能帮我们在校外租一个排练的地方,在商业的跳舞练习室里?

Coordinator: That's not really my call.

协调员:这确实是我决定不了的事。

I can reserve rehearsal and performance spaces on campus for you, but off campus...

我可以在学校里帮你预约排练及表演的地方,但是校外我就……

Student: So who would I talk to?

学生:所以我应该去跟谁说?

The dance department?

舞蹈部门?

Coordinator: Look, let's check the theatre schedule first.

协调员:不如这样,我们还是先看看学生剧院的时间表吧。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:主旨题 

选项分析:

从对话的开篇可以得知,女生原本计划在student center进行排练的,但是student center还没有装修好,所以她来这里就是想知道她预定的房间什么时候才能用,对应D选项。

A选项:她的小组已经确定要去参加Parents' Weekend的演出了,所以A不对;

B选项:她来这里不是为了改日期的;

C选项:她并不是要抱怨新排练室的地板。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 42 Lec 2

下一题

Official 42 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消