Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an art history professor.
旁白:接下来你会听到一段发生在学生和一位艺术史教授之间的对话。
Student: Hi. I'm Melisa.
学生:你好,我是Melisa。
I was just a few doors down getting some help in the computer lab.
我刚才在几个房间之外的计算机实验室里寻求帮助。
My electronic files won't open.
我的电子文件夹打不开了。
The technician says it's probably a computer virus.
技术人员说可能有电脑病毒。
She's working on it now.
她现在正在那儿尝试解决问题。
Professor: Yes, from what I've heard lots of campus computers have been affected.
教授:是的,我听说,很多学校的电脑都被病毒袭击了。
What a first week! Huh?
第一周可真是!对吧?。
Student: I know, anyhow, I noticed your name on the door as I was walking down the hallway, thought I'd stop in and find out if you happen to have any additional copies of the class syllabus.
学生:我知道。我在走廊里走的时候看到了门牌上您的名字,想着我就进来看看您这边是否还有额外的课程大纲的复印本。
The one I received in class the other day is missing a page.
我那天在课上收到的那一份,当中有一页缺失了。
Professor: Oh, sorry about that.
教授:啊,那真是不好意思。
I probably have a few extra printouts on hand.
我手头也许还有一些额外的复印本。
Student: Great! Oh, and I noticed on the syllabus we'll be learning about and eventually writing a paper on "The Bauhaus style of art"?
学生:那太好了。而且我注意到了根据课程大纲,我们将会学习,并且最终也会写一篇有关于“包豪斯艺术”的论文是吗?
Sounds interesting.
听上去挺有趣的。
I'm looking forward to it.
我很期待这门课。
Professor: Right, but technically it doesn't say Bauhaus style of art.
教授:是的,严格说来,大纲上没说“包豪斯艺术风格”。
It only says the Bauhaus.
仅仅只会说到包豪斯。
Student: Oh, what's the difference?
学生:诶,区别是什么?
Professor: Well, the Bauhaus is not really an artistic style like cubism.
教授:嗯,包豪斯不像是“立体主义”是一种艺术形式。
It was the name of an art and design school in Germany in the early 20th century.
包豪斯是20世纪早期德国的一所艺术设计学校的名字。
The Bauhaus was started as an experiment in education, and one ground-breaking technique used in its teaching was that students actively participated in workshops instead of just sitting in classes.
包豪斯一开始是教育界的一项实验,一个创新的教学方法是,要求学生积极参与讨论, 而不是仅仅单纯地坐在教室里听课。
Student: Interesting! I don't have much background in art or anything.
学生:真有趣!我没有什么艺术方面的背景
I'm an economics major and I'm taking this class as an elective, decided I wanted to broaden my awareness, try something new.
我主修经济学,而我选这门课是作为我的选修课,希望能够拓宽我的见识,尝试学一些新的东西。
Professor: Excellent! I'm really glad to hear that.
教授:那很不错,我很高兴能听到你这么说。
Student: So, was the focus of the Bauhaus architecture, I mean, I studied German and Bauhaus translates into "house for building"...
学生:所以,包豪斯的焦点是建筑吗……我的意思是,我学过德语,我知道“包豪斯”从德语翻译过来的意思是“建筑的房屋”。
Professor: Well, the founding director was an architect.
教授:是的,这门艺术的创始人确实是一个建筑学家。
However, he aimed to combine an incredibly broad variety of fine arts and crafts under one artistic roof.
但是,他立志于将艺术和工艺结合在同一艺术的屋檐下,这很不可思议。
As a matter of fact, when the Bauhaus first opened, it was without an architecture department for several years.
事实上,当包豪斯学校刚开校的时候,好几年都没有建筑学院。
But later, it became very influential in architecture.
但是后来,它在建筑学颇有影响力。
Student: So I wasn't all wrong.
学生:好吧,所以我说的也不能算全错。
Professor: You'll see on the syllabus that you are required to visit the Rutherford Museum exhibit.
教授:你在课程大纲上会看到,我要求学生去参观卢瑟福博物馆展览。
The exhibit will help you see that there is no single Bauhaus style.
这个展览将会帮助你认识到,并没有单一的包豪斯风格。
I think it's refreshing that this particular exhibit departs from the standard ways in which art from the Bauhaus is often presented.
这个展览令人眼前一亮的一点就是,它不同于常规的做法,用一种不同的方式展现包豪斯艺术。
Student: Which are?
学生:那是有什么不同呢?
Professor: Well, for example, by a specific artist.
教授:嗯,举个例子,拿艺术家来说事。
I think it's a mistake to focus on a single Bauhaus artist and that person's individual specialty.
我认为仅仅关注某一个包豪斯派艺术家以及那位艺术家的个人特色是错误的。
I mean, the different artists from the school created different things: fabric, sculpture, furniture, graphic design, paintings, even theatrical performances.
我的意思是说,学校里不同的艺术家,会创造出不同的东西:织物,雕塑,家具,平面设计,美术作品,甚至是戏剧表演。
The exhibit in the Rutherford Museum unites all these specialties through connecting themes such as motion or the body.
卢瑟福博物馆的展览,把所有的这些东西根据“动作” “身体”等不同主题,相结合在了一起。
Student: Sounds fascinating!
学生:那真的是很吸引人啊!
Say, I've heard of something about discount nights at that museum?
啊,我听说那个博物馆有类似于打折夜这样的活动?
Professor: Weekends are full price.
教授:双休日的话,票价是全价的。
It's typically best to go Thursday nights.
通常来说周四晚上去最好。
That's student discount night, 50% off.
因为那是学生的打折夜,给学生打5折。
However, next Wednesday is open to the public for free.
但是,下个星期三那个博物馆免费向公众开放。
It's a special promotion.
是一场推广活动。
So I know what I'd do.
所以我知道我要怎么做。
题型分类:细节题
题干分析:the museum that the student is required to visit是题目定位点
选项分析:
professor这里介绍了,在Rutherford Museum的展览是有各种主题的,因此对应A选项;同时,在Thursday night会打五折,因此对应C选项。
B和D选项是对话中没有提到的内容。
上一题
Official 43 Lec 4下一题
Official 42 Lec 1