Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a computer lab administrator.
旁白:请听学生和一个计算机实验室管理员的对话。
Student: Excuse me. Do you know that all the printers over in the student center have stopped working?
学生:打扰一下。请问你知道学生中心所有的打印机已经坏了吗?
Administrator: There are eight printers connected to the computers there.
管理员:有八个连接到电脑的打印机。
You are saying they are all broken?
你说它们都坏了吗?
Student: Yes, I just came from there.
学生:是的,我刚从那里回来。
There's a lot of frustrated students.
那里有很多学生感到沮丧。
So many classes have papers due this afternoon that everyone is trying to print out their stuff at the same time.
很多课程的论文都是今天下午截止,同一时间,所有人都在尝试打印自己的东西。
Those printers got overworked and now they all have paper jams or some other problem.
这些打印机已经超额工作了,现在他们都有卡纸或其他问题。
Can you fix them?
你能修好它们吗?
Administrator: Well, not really.
管理员:好吧,其实不能。
I'm just an administrator.
我只是一个管理员。
Most of our actual technicians are students who take the job on the side.
大多数我们的的技术人员其实是兼职这份工作的学生。
Student: Where are they?
学生:他们在哪里呢?
Administrator: Well, most of the students who work at the computer labs study at the engineering school, and unfortunately they all took the day off.
管理员:大部分在计算机实验室研究工作的学生在工程学院学习,不幸的是,他们今天都休假。
I think they have some big exams tomorrow.
我想他们明天有些大型考试。
Student: How can there be no technicians working on the biggest deadline day of the semester?
学生:学期内这么重要的截稿日,怎么能没有在岗的技术人员呢?
Administrator: Well, there is one technician working at the computer lab in the arts building.
管理员:嗯,有一个技术员在艺术建筑楼的计算机实验室工作。
Actually, he just sent me an email message saying there was a huge crowd there, and he could not figure out why.
实际上,他刚刚发给我一封电子邮件说,他不知道为什么那里有一大群人。
Student: Because people need to print their papers.
学生:因为人们需要打印他们的论文。
There must be something you can do.
一定有什么是你可以做的事情。
People need those printers working.
人们需要这些打印机正常工作。
Administrator: Well, we just ordered new printers and next month we are replacing the old printers over the student center with a brand new set of printers.
管理员:好吧,我们订购了新的打印机,下个月我们就要用一套全新的打印机替换学生中心里旧的打印机了。
Student: But the deadline for submitting papers is just two hours away.
学生:但是提交文件的最后期限就只剩下两个小时了。
Administrator: I'm afraid there's nothing I can do.
管理员:恐怕没有什么是我能做的。
Your best bet is to probably head to the arts building and get in line there.
也许最好的办法就是去艺术建筑楼,在那里排队。
Student: But how did this happen again?
学生:但这是如何再次发生的?
Last semester when the all printers broke down, the president of the college got involved.
上学期,当所有的打印机坏了时,校长都已经介入了。
He sent out an email message to all the students saying that he was going to personally do something to make sure that the situation was resolved.
他发出一个电子邮件给所有的学生说,他会亲自做一些事情确保这个情况得到解决。
Administrator: That's right.
管理员:是的。
When we had our budget meeting at the beginning of the semester, the president was there.
当我们在学期的开始开预算会议时,校长在那里。
That's not something he usually does, but he wanted to make sure we ordered the new printers.
通常他不会做这样的事情的,但是他想确保我们订购新打印机。
Student: The new printers that are coming next month?
学生:下个月将有新的打印机吗?
Administrator: Yeah, I ordered them as soon as the budget was approved.
管理员:是的,预算被批准下来时我就采购了它们。
It's a shame.
这很可惜。
But the purchasing process being what it is... You know what?
但是采购过程就是这样的……你知道吗?
It's possible some of the printers are malfunctioning because they ran out of ink.
有可能一些打印机故障是因为他们没有墨水了。
I'm not a technician, but if that's what's wrong I could fix it.
我不是一个技术员,但是如果是这个问题的话,我可以解决。
I guess I'll grab some ink cartridges and go over to the student center and check.
我想我会拿一些墨盒,去学生中心检查一下。
No guarantees, sorry, but it might fix the problem.
我不能保证,对不起,但可能解决这个问题。
题型分类:组织结构题
题干分析:根据president of the college定位
选项分析:女生对于经常发生打印机故障的问题表示不满,提到the president of the college发邮件说他保证这件事会解决。管理员也对此表示了肯定,进一步说明the president of the college承诺购买新的打印机,因此对应D选项。上一题
Official 44 Lec 4下一题
Official 43 Lec 1