Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an art professor.
旁白:请听一段学生和艺术教授之间的对话。
Student: Hi. Dr. Morten.
学生:嗨。Morten博士。
I'm Karen Stern.
我是凯伦·斯特恩。
I met you briefly about a year ago when I was applying to the university.
我在大约一年前申请大学的时候短暂地见到过你。
You were on a panel of professors and you were talking about the art department.
你当时在一个教授座谈组内,在讨论艺术系。
Professor: Ah... and you are now a student here.
教授:啊……你现在是这里的一个学生。
I guess I said the right thing.
我想我的回答应该还不错。
Student: Yeah. Right now I am doing the intro-courses in the art department, but I am really interested in painting.
学生:是的。现在我在艺术系上导论课程,但是我真正感兴趣的是绘画。
Professor: Well, I teach several of the painting courses, so I hope to see you in the future.
教授:好啊,我也教几门绘画课程,所以我希望将来可以见到你。
Student: Actually I was wondering: you are in charge of student art exhibitions at the university gallery, right?
学生:实际上我想知道:你负责大学里的学生艺术展览画廊,对吧?
Professor: Right!
教授:是的!
Student: So I know all the exhibitors are students, but I was wondering how you choose the works you exhibit every month.
学生:所以我知道所有参展的都是学生,但是我想知道你是怎么选择你每个月展览的作品的。
Is there like a submission process or something?
有提交流程之类的东西吗?
Professor: No. There is a submission process, yes.
教授:不。是有一个提交流程的,对的。
We a have gallery review committee, but we already have our exhibitions planned for the rest of the school year.
我们有一个画廊审查委员会,但我们已经有针对本学年剩余时间的展览计划。
Generally our exhibitors are third- and fourth-year students, well into their coursework.
通常我们的参展者是三年级和四年级的学生,课程已经过半
Student: Oh, well, I guess that will be something to look forward to then.
学生:哦,我想这将是值得期待的事情。
Tell me, do you show all kinds of paintings?
告诉我,您会展示各种各样的绘画吗?
Professor: Well, actually we started doing something different with the gallery this year.
教授:嗯,事实上我们今年画廊开始做一些不同的尝试。
We are featuring a specific technique each month.
我们每个月都会展出一种特定的技术。
Next month's exhibition, for instance, will feature drip paintings.
下个月的展览,例如,将展示滴画。
Student: Really? Like Jackson Pollock?
学生:真的吗?像杰克逊·波洛克吗?
Professor: Ah.... so you are familiar with Pollock's work.
教授:啊……所以你很熟悉波洛克的作品。
Student: Well, sort of, though I've only seen photographs of it.
学生:算是吧,虽然我只看到它的照片。
I know he dripped paint onto the canvas instead of using a brush.
我知道他滴漆到画布上,而不是用一个刷子。
I read he stretched out his canvases on the floor of a studio, and then he climbed up on a ladder to pour paint, ordinary house paint, from a can onto the canvas.
我读到他把画布展开铺在工作室的地板上,然后爬上梯子倒油漆,就是普通的刷房子的油漆,从罐里倒在画布上。
Professor: That's right.
教授:是的。
That was characteristic of Pollock in the late forties, in what we call his drip period.
这是波洛克在四十年代后期的特点,在我们称之为他的滴画时期。
And the object was to produce a constant stream of paint to create continuous lines, because, as you know, when you use a brush directly on a canvas you get broken lines.
这么做的目的是制造出持续的油漆流,从而画出连续的直线,因为,你知道的,你直接在画布上用刷子,画出的是断线。
So, you like Pollock.
所以,你喜欢波洛克。
Student: Yeah, I do.
学生:是的。
I like abstract works in general.
我喜欢抽象作品。
There's a class on abstract art, right?
有一个抽象艺术课,对吧?
Professor: Actually I teach that class and drip painting was one of our themes last year.
教授:实际上我教这个课,滴画是去年我们的主题之一。
Some students from last year's class have continued experimenting with it and created some incredible pieces using everything from squeezed bottles to computer controlled sprayers.
去年班上的一些学生继续试验这种方法,并使用从挤压瓶到计算机控制的喷枪等各种工具创作了一些令人难以置信的作品。
Student: Do they look a lot like Pollock's work?
学生:他们看起来很像波洛克的作品吗?
Professor: Well, our goal wasn't to imitate Jackson Pollock.
教授:好吧,我们的目标不是模仿杰克逊·波洛克。
The object was to get students to look at different ways of applying paint to a canvas.
目的是让学生看涂料应用到画布的不同方式。
But you don't have to enroll in a specific course to be invited to exhibit your work.
但是你不需要为了被邀请来展示你的作品而参加一个特定的课程。
It just has to fit the theme for one of our exhibitions.
只要你的作品适合我们的展览主题之一就行。
题型分类:推理题
题干分析:根据abstract art定位
选项分析:教授说our goal wasn't to imitate Jackson Pollock.
The object was to get students to look at different ways of applying paint to a canvas. different ways of applying paint与D选项的different painting techniques相符。
A选项与our goal wasn't to imitate Jackson Pollock矛盾。
B选项most popular无中生有。
C选项best students无中生有。
解锁权益,查看完整解题思路
更多特权写作范文
题目解析
口语范例
写作批改
10大权益
最低,立即开通
上一题
Official 44 Lec 2下一题
Official 44 Lec 3