原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the student housing office.

旁白:听一段一位学生和学生住宿办公室的一位职员之间的对话。

Student: Hi. I'm a first-year student here.

学生:你好!我是这里的一年级学生。

I, I live in the dorms, and I, well, I like where I'm living now.

我住在宿舍,嗯,我喜欢我现在住的地方。

It's convenient and quiet, but I'm starting to think about where I wanna live next year.

这里很方便也很安静,但我开始思考我明年住哪儿。

Employee: Good idea. As a second-year, you have more freedom to choose a place that suits your needs.

工作人员:好主意。作为二年级学生,你有更多自由选择符合你需求的地方。

Student: Yeah! And I want to make sure that, well, that I apply in time to get what I want.

学生:对!我想确定的是我能够及时申请到我想要的。

And, um, a friend was telling me about these common-interest houses on campus.

嗯,一个朋友告诉我关于校园里的这些共同兴趣社交住宅。

Employee: Yes. We have a language house, a life science house, a music house...

工作人员:我们有一个语音屋,一个生命科学屋,一个音乐屋……

Student: Yeah, the music house.

学生:对的,音乐屋就是我感兴趣的。

That's the one I'm interested in, but, um, I'm not a music major.

但我不是音乐专业的。

I do play an instrument, but I'm a history major.

虽然我确实会一门乐器,但我是历史专业的。

Employee: Oh, that's not an issue.

工作人员:哦,那不是问题。

You see, that house isn't just for music majors.

音乐屋不只是为音乐专业的学生开放。

It's for anyone who's interested in music.

它对任何对音乐感兴趣的人都开放。

Student: But isn't that everyone?

学生:难道不是对所有人都开放吗?

Employee: Well, maybe. But the house has a performance area and practice rooms.

工作人员:嗯,也许。但音乐屋有一个表演区域和练习房间。

So people who choose to live there need to be open to the possibility that there's always gonna be someone playing something, an instrument, the radio, even at odd times.

因此,选择在那里住的人需要能够容忍以下的事实:通常会有人在那里演奏乐器,播放广播,甚至在闲暇时间也不间断。

You're pretty much always gonna hear music there.

你几乎总是会在那里听到音乐。

That might bother some people.

这可能会让一些人感觉到被打扰了。

Student: Doesn't bother me. And I'd love to have a place to practice my saxophone without worrying about disturbing people.

学生:不会打扰我的。并且我很乐意可以有一个地方来练习我的萨克斯风同时还不用担心打扰别人。

Employee: Well, it does sound like it might be a good fit for you.

工作人员:嗯,它听起来像是很适合你。

And the house also functions as a social club.

另外,这所房子也有社交俱乐部的功能。

Student: I know they do activities, but I don't know much beyond that.

学生:我知道在那里会有一些活动,但是除此之外的事情我就不知道了。

Employee: Well, for example, every month, I think it is, there's an informal concert.

工作人员:嗯,例如,每个月有一场非正式的音乐会。

Any house resident can perform.

任何住在这里的人都可以表演。

And remember that big jazz festival at University Park last month?

还记得上个月在大学公园里举行的大型爵士音乐节吗?

Student: Of course. It was amazing.

学生:当然记得。那场音乐会让我感到很震惊。

The music was great.

音乐很棒。

Um, I, I didn't connect it to the music house.

但是我没有把那场音乐会与音乐屋联系到一起。

Employee: Not many people do. Anyway, they put on a whole range of other activities as well.

工作人员:很多人都没有把二者联系起来。不管怎样,他们也表演了一系列的其它节目。

Someone at the house could give you more information about those.

住在那里的人可以给你关于那些方面的更多信息。

Student: So, how do I... uh, what's the process for getting a room there?

学生:所以,我怎样……申请在那里住的流程是怎样的?

Employee: You need to fill out an application form and send it to the house director.

工作人员:您需要填写一个申请表,并将其发送给住宿负责人。

The form's on the housing department's website.

表格在房屋署的网站上。

But, don't get your hopes up too high.

但是,不要让期望太高。

They can only accept about 30% of students who apply.

他们只能接受约30%的学生申请。

Student: Oh, wow, I had no idea.

学生:好的,这我就不知道了。

Employee: So, for your application, it needs to include a personal statement, you know, why you're interested in living in the house, how you might contribute to the group.

工作人员:因此,对于您的申请表,它需要包括一个个人声明、你为什么有兴趣住在这栋房子里、你可能会对整个群体有什么贡献。

There are guidelines on the form.

表格上有一些指南。

That statement's really important, because it's basically how they decide who to accept into the house.

这个申明很重要,因为它基本上决定了谁可以被同意住进这所房子。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:目的主旨题

题干分析:学生为何去找女职员

选项分析:

学生在这里直接表达来意,希望找到明年的宿舍,他的意向是common house里面的music house,对应C选项。

A选项:文中没有提到sponsor;

B选项:他的目的性很强,就是想住music house的,所以不是来了解哪个屋子空着;

D选项:申请是在对话最后的时候员工提到的,并不是男生来这里的目的。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 47 Lec 4

下一题

Official 46 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消