原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a bookstore employee.

旁白:听一段学生和书店工作人员的对话。

Employee: Hi. Can I help you?

工作人员:有什么我可以帮你的么?

Student: Yeah. I need to sell back a textbook.

学生:是的。我想要卖回来一本教科书。

Are you the person I speak to about that?

我是应该和你说这个吗?

Employee: I am. But we can’t buy textbooks back just yet, because the bookstore’s buyback period isn’t until next Thursday.

工作人员:是的,是我。我们现在还不能回购教科书,因为书店回购的时间要到下周四开始。

Student: I thought it started this week.

学生:我还以为是从这周开始。

Employee: It is only in the last week of the semester after classes are over.

工作人员:回购只在每个学期课程结束后的最后一个星期。

Student: Oh. Well, can you tell me if this book will be on the buyback list?

学生:噢,好吧,你能告诉我这本书会不会在回购清单上?

Employee: I can look.

工作人员:我可以看一下。

But we are still putting the list together.

但是我们还在整合这些清单。

Professors have to tell us what books they’ll definitely need again next semester, and the deadline for them to let us know isn’t for a couple of days.

教授必须明确地告诉我们下个学期他们还需要的书,但是他们的截止日期还有几天。

So the list I have here is not really complete.

所以我现在有的清单并不完整。

Um…what class was the book for?

额……这本是什么课程的?

Student: Intro to economics, with Professor Murphy.

学生:经济学入门,Murphy教授的课。

Employee: Professor Murphy. OK. I checked earlier and I know she hasn’t gotten back to us on that class yet.

工作人员:Murphy教授。好的,我之前查看过,我知道她还没有针对那门课给回音。

So we don’t know if she’ll use the same book next time.

所以我不知道她下一次还会不会用同一本书。

Usually if an updated edition of a textbook is available, professors will go for that one.

通常如果一本教科书有新版本书来了,教授就会用那一本。

Student: Um…so if this book doesn’t end up on the buyback list, what can I do?

学生:额……如果这本书结果不在回购书单上,我可以做些什么?

I spent over a hundred dollars for it, and I want to get something back.

我在这本书上花了超过100美金,我想要拿回点本。

Employee: Well, if a professor didn’t assign it for a class here, we could buy back for a wholesaler who would distribute it for sale at another university bookstore.

工作人员:如果教授没有为她的课程指定这本书,我们会为批发商回购这本书,他们会把这本书放到别的大学书店去卖。

Student: OK.

学生:好吧。

Employee: Anyway…if Professor Murphy does put it on the list, it is important that you come in as early as possible next Thursday.

工作人员:不管怎么样,如果Murphy教授把它放到回购清单上,对你来说很重要的是下周四一定要尽早来。

There’s only a limited number of books we would buy back.

只有一定数量的书会被回购。

Once we get the number of books we need for next semester, we would stop buying.

我们一旦为下个学期回购足够数量的书籍之后,我们就不再回购了。

Student: OK. So how much money will I get for the book?

学生:好的。那么那本书我可以卖多少钱?

Employee: Well, if it’s on the buyback list, we’ll pay fifty percent of what the new price was.

工作人员:如果它在回购清单上,我们会付全新书籍的50%价格来回购。

But that also depends on what condition the book is in, so it needs to be cleaned up as much as possible.

但是那也取决于这本书的情况,所以这本是要尽可能地被清理。

Student: Cleaned up?

学生:清理?

Employee: Because used books show wear and tear, you know, water stains, scruffy covers, yellow highlighting…

工作人员:因为二手书会有磨损,水渍、破封面、黄的加亮……

You really need to make sure there are no pencil marks on the book.

你真的有必要去确保书里面没有铅笔印记。

The price you can get for a text depends on the shape it’s in.

你能够卖的价钱取决于它的外部状况。

Student: You mean I have to erase all the pencil marks?

学生:你的意思是我要把所有铅笔记号都擦掉?

Employee: If you want the best price for it…

工作人员:如果你想要卖个最好的价钱……

Student: And what if you decide the book is too beat-up and don’t buy it back?

学生:如果你们发现这本书太破了不想回购怎么办?

Employee: That does happen.

工作人员:这种情况的确会发生。

Hmm…well, one more thing you can try is to place an ad in the student newspaper to see if you can sell it directly to another student.

额……你还可以试着去做的一件事情就是在学生报上面放一个广告,看看你是不是能够直接把书卖给另一个学生。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:细节题

题干分析:关键词according to, when判断为细节题。定位到原文buyback list的确定时间

选项分析:

店员说教授告诉他们what books they'll definitely need again next semester,说明之后会把书加进采购名单中,对应C选项。其它选项与题目要求无关。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 33 Lec 4

下一题

Official 32 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消