原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and her economics professor.

旁白:听一段学生和她的经济学教授之间的对话。

Professor: Excellent presentation you made at the end of class yesterday.

教授:昨天快下课时你做的演讲非常棒。

Student: Oh, thanks.

学生:哦,谢谢。

Professor: I'm so glad you volunteered to present first.

教授:我很高兴你自愿第一个做演讲。

Starting out by outlining what you were going to say, then at the end summarizing the key points.

在开始时概述了你想说的,结尾时总结要点。

It was a very effective way of getting your points across.

这是一个想表明观点的非常高效的方法。

Student: I'm glad you think so.

学生:你能这样想我很高兴。

I was afraid it might come across as too formal.

我还怕你觉得我的演讲太正式了。

Professor: Not at all. In fact, I think it's a great approach in general for these presentations.

教授:完全不会。事实上,我认为这是一个展示演讲的很好的方法。

So I hope the others were taking note, and the economic model you discussed: build operate transfer?

我希望其他人也有学到,另外你提到的经济模型是建设-经营-转让。

I think everyone was quite interested.

我认为每个人都很感兴趣。

Student: Yeah. It makes so much sense.

学生:是的。它具有很重要的意义。

If governments allow private companies to build public works like a power plant and then operate it for a decade or two before transferring ownership to the government, everyone benefits.

如果政府允许私营公司修建公共设施,比如发电厂,然后在把所有权转交给政府之前运营一二十年,那么所有人都会受益。

Professor: Yes, the private companies make a profit.

教授:是的,私营企业会盈利。

The public gets immediate infrastructure.

公众会得到现成的基础设施。

Student: And all without the government having to spend any money up- front, which is amazing.

学生:政府在前期投入方面无需花任何钱,这是惊人的。

Professor: Right.

教授:是的。

Student: Anyway as I said in my presentation, this model is being used in Turkey right now and you said ,when you handed out that brochure in class last week, about the university's global enrichment initiative.

学生:总之,就像我在演讲中说的那样,这种模式目前正在土耳其使用。 你在上周在课堂上分发关于该大学的全球充实计划的小册子时也提到了这一点

You said one of the countries involves in that is Turkey.

你说过那个倡议中包含的其中一个国家就是土耳其。

Professor: Yes, that's right.

教授:是的。

Student: So I wanted to see if there's a chance... uh, the university sends fifteen students overseas to study?

学生:所以我想看看有没有机会......学校会送15名学生到海外学习?

Professor: Fifteen students per country, fifteen for Turkey, fifteen for Brazil, fifteen for Russia.

教授:每个国家15个学生,15个去土耳其,15个去巴西,15个去俄罗斯。

We've got a total of six countries participating next summer.

我们明年夏天一共有六个国家参与。

Student: Oh!

学生:哦!

Professor: Yeah. And you spend six weeks in whichever country you are selected for.

教授:是的,你在自己选择的国家,可以待上六周。

The classroom component consists of seminars on that country's culture, politics and economy.

课堂部分包括关于该国文化、政治和经济的研讨会

Most sessions are taught in English by local professors.

大部分的研讨会都是由当地教授用英语讲授,不过我们教职人员中会各有两名跟着每个小组,并且也会开研讨会。

But two of our faculty accompany each group and also give seminars.

大部分的研讨会都是由当地教授用英语讲授,不过我们教职人员中会各有两名跟着每个小组,并且也会开研讨会。

I'll be going to Brazil to teach a seminar on coffee next summer.

我明年夏天将去巴西教一个关于咖啡的研讨会。

Student: But you're an economist.

学生:但是你是一个经济学家呀。

Professor: Coffee's played a central role in Brazil's economic development for over 200 years.

教授:两百多年来,咖啡在巴西的经济发展中起着核心作用。全世界消费的咖啡中大约三分之一产自巴西。

About a third of the coffee consumed worldwide is produced in Brazil.

两百多年来,咖啡在巴西的经济发展中起着核心作用。全世界消费的咖啡中大约三分之一产自巴西。

Student: Oh I had no idea.

学生:哦,我不知道。

Hmm... So if I applied, I mean, can students pick the country they want to go to 'cause if I could go to? Turkey...

嗯……如果我申请,我的意思是,学生可以选择他们想去的国家吗?因为如果我可以去土耳其……

Professor: Well, the primary goal of the Global Enrichment Initiative is simply cultural exchange.

教授:全球充实倡议的首要目标就是为了文化交流

So students who've never been overseas before can broaden their perspective.

所以那些从未出过国的学生可以拓宽他们的视野。

This is why on the application you are asked to indicate your first, second and third choice of countries.

这就是为什么在申请中要求你表明你的第一,第二和第三选择国家。

Student: I'm only interested in Turkey, though.

学生:不过,我只对土耳其感兴趣。

I'm studying both Turkish and Turkish history this term.

我这学期同时学习土耳其语和土耳其历史。

Professor: I see.

教授:我明白了。

Student: And maybe I could learn more about how they're implementing the build operate transfer model there.

学生:也许我还能了解到更多他们如何在那里实施建设经营转让模式的经验。

Plus, I wouldn't want to take a spot away from someone who really wanted to go to one of the other countries.

而且我不想占用想去其他国家的同学的名额。

Professor: Well. I guess you could leave the second and third choices blank.

教授:嗯,我想你可以把第二和第三选择空着不填。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:推理题

题干分析:根据重听内容定位

选项分析:在对话开篇的时候,教授就表示了对于女生presentation的认可,表扬了她第一个主动做演讲,而且采用的模式很有助于听众理解,因此可以得知教授对于女生演讲模式是持赞许态度的,对应B选项。

A选项:选项内容是原对话中细节的错误理解;

C选项:对于细节的曲解,女生是主动第一个做presentation的,但后半句话是对原文的曲解;

D选项:选项内容在原对话中没有相关信息与之对应。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 45 Lec 2

下一题

Official 45 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消