原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an ecology professor.

旁白:请听一个学生和生态学教授之间的对话。

Professor: I have some good news for you.

教授:我有些好消息要告诉你。

One of the students who was signed up for the summer term at the field station next year won't be attending after all.

报名参加明年夏季学期去野外站的学生之一最终决定放弃了这次机会不参加了。

Your name's first on the waiting list.

你的名字在候选人的第一位。

So if you still want to do it, the space is available.

因此如果你还想参加的话,现在还是有名额的。

Student: Oh, that's terrific!

学生:哦,这太棒了!

Professor: You were also interested in doing an independent research project next summer, right?

教授:你还有兴趣明年夏季做一个独立的研究项目,对吧?

Student: Yeah, on salt marsh restoration, but that was before, when I thought I wasn't going to get into the field station.

学生:是的,是有关于盐沼恢复的。不过那是我之前的想法,那时候我还以为我没有办法去野外站呢。

Professor: Well, you can still do it if you want.

教授:好吧,但是如果你还想做的话,还是可以做的。

I looked over your application for the independent research project, and it looks strong.

我看了你独立研究项目的申请书,看上去还是非常有优势的。

I approved it.

我批准了你的申请。

And you'd have even more resources there at the field station, so...

而且你去了野外站之后,你就会有更多的资源,所以……

Student: The field station and an independent study, but the summer term is a few weeks shorter than a regular term.

学生:野外站和独立研究项目,但是夏季学期比正常的学期要短几个星期。

Professor: Well, it's up to you.

教授:好吧,这个你自己决定。

You'd have to work hard but I think you can do very well.

你肯定必须非常努力,但是我相信你可以胜任的。

Professor Garfield, one of the professors over at the field station...

Garfield教授,在野外站的教授之一……

Student: Yeah, I've heard of him.

学生:嗯,我听说过他。

Professor: Yes, well. Professor Garfield has been doing research on salt marshes for years, assessing human impact and methods of salt marsh restoration.

是的,Garfield教授研究盐沼已经很多年了,评估人类活动对盐沼的影响以及盐沼修复的方法。

He is willing to oversee your project.

他非常愿意来协助指导你的项目。

Student: Wow! That's too good an opportunity to pass up.

学生:哇哦,这个机会太好了,简直不能错过。

Professor: I thought you'd say that.

教授:我之前就觉得你会这么说。

When I spoke with Dr. Garfield, he suggested you take a particular course he'll be teaching here in the spring.

我和Garfield教授交谈的时候,他建议你今年春季去上他来教学的一门特定课程。

It's called Advanced Topics in Salt Marsh Management.

课程的名字叫做《有关盐沼管理的高级主题》。

The course looks at salt marsh ecology in depth and it also focuses on factors that stress salt marsh systems and how to assess and monitor the level of stress.

这一门课程深入探讨盐沼生态,并且着重研究造成盐沼生态系统出现问题的影响因素,以及如何测量和检测影响程度。

Student: And that background information will fit right into my project on salt marsh restoration.

学生:这样的背景资料恰好适用于我的盐沼恢复研究。

This is so great!

这实在是太棒了!

Professor: Oh, one more thing.

教授:哦对了,还有另外一件事。

Do you know John Arnold?

你知不知道John Arnold?

Student: Not really, but he lives in my dorm. Why?

学生:不太知道,只知道他住在我的宿舍楼里,为什么这么问?

Professor: John's another ecology student who will be the Field Station next summer.

教授:John是另外一个明年夏季要去野外站的生态学学生。

I approved an independent research project for him, too.

我也批准了他的独立研究项目。

Initially, he had the same concern as you.

最初,他和你有相同的担忧。

But anyway, his topic will be similar to yours.

但是,不管怎么样,他的研究话题和你的挺相似的。

He'll be researching how bridges and culverts that have been installed to allow tidal waters to move underneath roads between the sea and the salt marshes.

他将研究如何安装桥梁和涵洞,以允许潮水在海与盐沼之间的道路下流动

Well, they are often too small.

通常情况下这些“道路”都很小。

Student: I guess that would result in not enough tidal water flowing into the marshes to maintain the natural vegetation, right?

学生:我猜,这就会导致没有足量的潮汐水流进盐沼中,从而无法维持天然植物的生存。

Professor: Exactly, and he'll be looking at how to determine the right size.

教授:的确。他会研究如何确定合适的大小。

So I was thinking he might be a good choice for a summer roommate for you.

所以我当时想的是,也许他会是你夏季学期室友不错的人选。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

正确答案:

题型分类:句子功能题

选项分析:

professor提到了他可以把field study 和 independent study 结合起来。学生听到后有些犹豫,因为觉得summer term时间比较短,因此可以看出来他担心时间的问题,对应D选项。

A选项:从前面的信息可以了解到学生是有时间参加的;

B选项:没有提到course credits的问题;

C选项:与原文逻辑矛盾,学生是愿意参加field study的。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 42 Lec 4

下一题

Official 41 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消