原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a university employee.

旁白:听一段学生和大学工作人员的对话。

Student: Hi. I am a little lost.

学生:你好,我有点迷路了。

Um, is this the housing maintenance office?

额,这是不是房屋维修办公室?

Employee: You found it.

工作人员:你找对了。

How can I help you?

需要我帮你点什么?

Student: Oh, good. I have a quick question.

学生:噢,太好了。我有一个小问题。

Are we allowed to keep electric heaters in our rooms?

我们在房间里可以放电暖气吗?

Employee: Actually, you are not.

工作人员:事实上是不行的。

What's going on?

发生什么了吗?

Your room cold?

你的房间很冷?

Student: It's freezing in my room.

学生:我房间很冷。

I think the heat went out or something.

我觉得暖气停了或是别的什么。

Employee: Are you sure it's out?

工作人员:你确定暖气停了?

Maybe it just got turned out too far.

可能它只是太远了。

Student: Oh, no. I tried adjusting the, uh, the heat control, but it doesn't make any difference.

学生:噢,不是。我尝试调节热量控制,但是没有任何改变。

It's so cold in my bedroom I can't sleep at night.

我房间太冷了,我晚上都不能睡觉。

I've actually been sleeping on the sofa in the front room.

事实上我已经睡在客厅沙发上了。

The heat still works in there.

那里暖气还是有的。

Actually, we get hot air in all the bedrooms except ours.

事实上是,所有的房间都有暖气除了我们的房间。

Employee: Wow! Do you have a roommate?

工作人员:哇欧!你有室友吗?

Student: Yeah. But she said she isn't bothered by the cold.

学生:有的。但是她说冷对她来说造不成影响。

But on the sofa, I am kept up by the noise out in the hall.

但是在沙发上,我总是被大厅的杂音打扰。

The dorms can sometimes get pretty noisy.

宿舍里有的时候非常吵。

So what can be done about it?

所以,对于这个情况有什么可以做的吗?

Employee: Well, ok. There's a couple of things we can do.

工作人员:好的,我们可以做几件事。

I can have a custodian take a look at it and see if he can do something.

我可以找一个管理人员去看一下,看看他可以做点什么。

Student: Actually, I asked the custodian yesterday to take a look.

学生:事实上,我昨天就让一个管理人员去看过了。

But he said he couldn't find anything wrong.

但是,他说他没发现任何问题。

He said that some of the other rooms have lost heat also and that if we'd come here you guys would fix it.

他说一些其他的房间也失去供暖,如果我们来找你们,你们会修好供暖。

Employee: Oh, he did?

工作人员:他是这么说的?

That's weird, because I would have…well, the custodians themselves are usually supposed to report any problems right away.

这很奇怪,我们应该会……好吧,管理人员理当和我们报告发现的问题。

OK. In that case, then what you need to do is…here, fill out this form.

既然那样,你需要做的是……这里,填一下这张表格。

Student: I have to fill out a form?

学生:我需要填一张表格?

Employee: Yeah, but at least that'll put your heater problem in a work order for the maintenance crew and they'll get to you as soon as possible.

工作人员:是的,但是至少填了这张表格就会把你的暖气问题放到维修人员的工作日程中,并且,他们会尽快联系你的。

Just so you know, because it's not winter yet and it's not as cold as it could be, it may take a few days for a maintenance crew to get to you.

正因为现在还不是冬天,也没有那么冷,所以维修人员可能要过段时间再联系你。

Student: A few days?

学生:好几天?

I can't even sleep in my own room!

我在我自己房间都不能睡觉了!

Can't we just get an electric heater?

我们就不能用电暖气吗?

Employee: I am sorry. But students just aren't allowed.

工作人员:很对不起。 但是学生是不允许使用的。

OK. I can see that this is a problem, and not just with your room.

我知道这是一个问题,但是并不是只发生在你一个房间里。

So if you can get the form back to me this afternoon, I'll try to get a maintenance crew to look at your problem by tomorrow.

因此,如果你可以在今天下午之前把这张表带回来,我会试图让维修人员明天就去看一下你房间。

How's that?

这样好吗?

Student: Oh, that would be great. Seriously.

学生:噢,真的太好了。

I have to take off now.

我现在必须要走了。

But when I fill this form out, I give it to you, right?

但是当我填好了之后,我就把表给你,对吧?

Employee: Right. And if I am not here, just put it in my box and I'll get it.

工作人员:对的。如果我不在这里,就把它放在我的箱子里,我会拿到的。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:目的主旨题

选项分析:

目的主旨题的核心在于从讲话人的角度听懂“来意”。在Employee问出“How can I help you?”之后,学生提出目的:能否在房间里面放电暖气。所以学生是来询问学校有关宿舍的政策的。与选项A的policy regarding dorm rooms对应。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 34 Lec 4

下一题

Official 33 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消