原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a counselor.

旁白:请听一段学生和顾问之间的对话。

Student: Hi, I'm Tina Molly.

学生:你好,我是Tina Molly。

Employee:Oh, Tina, yeah, good to meet you!

雇员:Tina,你好,很高兴见到你!

You told me on the phone that you are looking for a part-time position?

你在电话里告诉我说你在找兼职对吗?

Student:Yeah! My roommate works at the dining hall, and she heard a part-time job might be opening up there for this new semester.

学生:是的!我的室友在餐厅工作,她听说这个学期会有一份兼职工作招人。

So I was hoping...

所以我想……

Employee:There was one, but that got filled a couple days ago.

雇员:是有一个,但是几天前就招满了。

Student:Oh, no! Really?

学生:哦哦,真的吗?

The thing is I've got to do something to pay for expenses.

问题是我需要通过兼职赚点钱。

And, well, I'm not afraid of hard work.

嗯,我不怕辛苦。

Employee:I guess not.

雇员:我也认为你不怕辛苦。

You see, I always have to check the class schedules of potential applicants to make sure they are full time students in good standing.

你看,我总会去查看申请者的课表,来确定她们是合格的全职学生。

And your schedule this past semester, I mean, everything from computer science, to African history, to zoology and physics.

而你上学期的课表嘛,我想说的是,你修了巨量的课,有计算机的课、非洲历史的课、动物学的课、物理学的课。

How do you manage with such a heavy class load?

你是怎么做到能修这么多的课程的?

Student:Pretty well! Actually.

学生:实际上,我学的很好!

If I do get a job, of course, I may have to cut back to a more normal schedule.

当然如果我找到了兼职的话,我可能需要退掉一些课,回归正常课量的课表了。

But, you know, there're so many great subjects to learn about.

但是,你知道,很多课都很棒,值得一学。

Employee: Ah, a generalist.

雇员:哇,你是个多面手。

Student:Yeah! It's gonna be hard for me to pick just one thing to specialize in.

学生:是的!让我专修一门课是很困难的。

Employee:Say, that gives me an idea.

雇员:嗯,这启发了我。

You're pretty comfortable on a computer, right?

你计算机很好对吗?

With learning new software applications?

擅长学新的软件应用?

Student:Sure! I'm pretty good at that. Why?

学生:是的!我确实擅长这个。所以?

Employee:Well, last week I got a call from the folks over at the visualization project.

雇员:是这样,上周视觉化项目的人给我打了个电话。

They wanna add a couple part-timers to their staff.

他们想招几个兼职。

Student:Visualization project?

学生:视觉化项目?

Employee:Yes, they help professors from all different departments turn information into something their students can see.

雇员:是的,他们要帮助各个部门的教授把一些信息转化成学生可以看懂的东西。

You know, instead of just writing on a black board, more and more professors want to project information onto a screen.

你知道,除了板书,越来越多的教授想把信息展示在屏幕上。

And how do I say this?

我该怎么解释呢?

Some professors are really good in their own subject areas, but when it comes to computers, well...

一些教授在自己擅长领域很出色,但是他们的计算机技术就……

Student:I get the picture. So they use the visualization project to create what?

学生:我了解了。所以他们想让视觉化项目组做什么呢?

Like graphs of different sorts?

不同种类的图表之类的东西?

Employee:Right. Graphs of economic trends for instance or population growth.

雇员:是的。经济走势图或者人口走势图。

And sometimes dynamic maps, maps that change on screen to show for instance how trade ebbed and flowed over the centuries along various routes between China and the Mediterranean.

有时候会需要动态的图,比如说展示中国和地中海地区每条路线的交易量在几个世纪间是怎么下滑的。

Student:Wow, that'd be interesting.

学生:哇,那很有意思嘛。

Employee:Yeah! And that's just what they do for classroom lectures.

雇员:是的!而且这只是要为课堂讲授做的工作。

A project staffer might also be asked for to help professors pool together some of their research data and model that visually.

你可能还会被要求帮教授们收集一些研究数据并做成可视化模型。

They claim that putting their research in a map, for example, or a moving image helps them see connections, new relationships in data on, say, animal migration patterns that they might miss if they're just looking numbers on a piece of paper.

他们会要求把调查成果做成图,或者是可以展示某些关系的动态图,还有例如他们仅仅看纸上的数据时可能会忽略动物迁徙新规律。

Student:That's terrific!

学生:好棒啊!

What about working hours?

那工作时间的要求呢?

Employee:They are pretty flexible.

雇员:时间非常灵活的。

Staffers can go in to work day or night.

你白天晚上都可以来工作。

They just have to make sure it's all done by the time the professor needs it.

只要保证在教授要求的时间点之前做完就行。

So shall I give you the number to call to get in touch with these people?

所以我要给你电话联系他们吗?

Student:Oh, would you?

学生:哇,你居然帮我找了一份这么好的兼职吗?

To think I came in just hoping to get something in the dining hall.

我一开始仅仅是想找个在餐厅打工的活儿而已。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:目的题(重听题)

题干分析:关键词what, says确定是目的题,定位到原文出现重听句的位置。

选项分析:

学生说她不怕辛苦,顾问说I guess not,意思是“我猜也不怕”,对应选项B。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 36 Lec 4

下一题

Official 35 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消