原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and her academic advisor.

旁白:听一段学生和她的学业导师之间的对话。

Student: Hi. Professor Jones. Thanks for seeing me.

学生:嗨,Jones教授。感谢您能抽出时间见我。

Professor: No problem, Laura. How was your summer break?

教授:没事的,Laura。你的暑假怎么样?

Student: It was great! But the fact is it's made me reconsider my academic plans.

学生:很好呀!但事实是暑假让我重新考虑了我的学业计划。

Professor: Oh, really? Nothing too dramatic, I hope.

教授:噢,真的吗?我希望没有什么太大的变动。

Student: No, no. At least I hope not.

学生:哦,没有。至少我不希望有大的变动。

Professor: What do you mean exactly?

教授:所以你具体想怎么办呢?

Student: Well, I just spent the summer working on a Native American reservation, a Navajo reservation in Arizona.

学生:嗯,我暑假里刚刚在美国当地的保护区工作过,是一个纳瓦霍人的保护区,在亚利桑那州。

And I was fascinated, so now I want to study the Navajo language, uh, their history, religion.

我对此很着迷,所以我想学习纳瓦霍人的语言,他们的历史,宗教什么的。

I want to go back next summer too.

我想下个暑假再去一次。

And maybe even spend a semester there, some kind of internship or independent study?

也许会花一个学期在那里,找个实习或者独立研究什么的?

Professor: Wow! Sounds like you are really enthusiastic, but you were majoring in sociology, and I seem to recall that for your senior project, you were doing something with education?

教授:哇!听起来你是很热忱。但是你主修是社会学,我好像需要提醒你你还有个高级项目,你好像是在做关于教育的研究?

Student: Right. I have done some research on the public schools in the northeastern states, how they've been affected by changes in population, uh, immigration trends, during the past fifty years.

学生:对的。我是做了一些关于东北各州的公立学校的调研,比如说他们怎么受到人口变动的影响,嗯,人口迁移的影响,在过去的五十年间。

But now I really want to study the culture of the Navajo people.

但是现在我真的想去学习纳瓦霍人的历史。

Professor: Well, there are a couple of options depending on your priorities.

教授:好吧,你有几个选择。

Say, how did you end up on a reservation in Arizona anyway?

看看这个,你是怎么过去亚利桑那州的保护区的?

Student: Well, a friend of mine took a job there, in a summer school program.

学生:是我的一个朋友在那边工作,在一个暑假学校的项目。

And they had another opening.

他们突然多了一个职位。

Someone cancelled at the last minute.

因为有人在最后一刻放弃了。

I thought it would be just a big adventure, but it turned out to be much more than that.

我一开始以为这只是一次大冒险,但最后发现收获多了很多。

Professor: I see. Well, anyway...as I am saying, your options depend on what your priorities are and on exactly what you want to study.

教授:我明白了。无论如何,我说,你的决定要根据你自己的偏好,看你自己到底想学什么。

Student: Uh, like I said...Navajo culture?

学生:呃,就像我说的……纳瓦霍文化?

Professor: Well, let's see if we can be more specific.

教授:让我们具体看看。

If you want to study the Navajo language, learn about their religion, their history, that's part of cultural anthropology.

如果你想去学习纳瓦霍语言,了解更多他们的宗教和历史,那是属于一部分人类学范畴的。

Student: No. I really don't want to change majors at this point.

学生:不,我现在真的不想改变主修学科。

I love sociology and I really want to graduate in four years.

我喜欢社会学,我真的想用四年时间在这个专业上顺利毕业。

Professor: Okay. Now I see what your priorities are.

教授:好吧。现在我明白你的优先权给哪个学科了。

So from a sociological perspective, since you are interested in education, you can stay with that, change your research topic to the Native American experience with public education, the effect it had.

所以从社会学的角度,因为你对教育感兴趣,你可以还是以教育为主题,把你的研究课题改成美国本土居民的经历和公立教育,他们会对教育产生的影响。

And you could take sociology courses on religion or the role of minorities in society, again, focusing your research on the Navajo.

你可以修读一些关于宗教的社会学的课程,或者是少数民族在社会中的角色的课程,同时可以集中注意力研究纳瓦霍人。

Student: Um...I hadn't thought about that angle.

学生:嗯……我从没有从这个角度想过。

Sounds intriguing.

听起来很有趣。

And all the courses I have already taken would still count toward my degree?

所有我已经修完的课程还会帮我拿学位吗?

Professor: I have to check.

教授:这我需要去查一下。

And remind me to plan carefully to make sure all your degree requirements are met, but I don't see any problems.

记得提醒我仔细规划下你的学业计划,让你能顺利达到拿学位的要求。但是我觉得问题不大。

Student: Great! And then I can pick up the language and culture courses as electives.

学生:太好了!那么我可以选修纳瓦霍人的语言和文化的课程了!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分析:推理题

题干分析:根据关键词imply确定为推理题。

选项分析:定位回到对话中,结合上下文了解到,教授知道学生主修是社会学,于是询问她,关于教育学做了多少研究。学生回答道她已经完成了一些研究,但现在她真的对于Navajo文化很感兴趣,并在接下来的对话里表达了她想要更改研究方向的打算,转折之后的内容更加重要,因此可以推断出女生并没有做完她原来的项目,所以她并不介意现在改变研究方向,对应了选项B。

A选项:女生对于教授提问的回答是“Right. I've done [Meaning “not too much”] some research”,女生的态度表明了她并没有完成大部分项目;

C选项:女生并没有表现出不满;

D选项:与重听片段无关。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 37 Lec 4

下一题

Official 36 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消