原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a financial aid official.

旁白:接下来你会听到一段发生在学生和一位财政援助官员的对话。

Employee: Hi, can I help you?

工作人员:你好,请问有什么可以帮到您吗?

Student: Yes, I'd like to get help with the, you know, payment for my classes, some sort of financial aid.

学生:您好,我想要得到关于付学费的一些帮助,你懂得,就是一些经济方面的资助。

The problem is I don't know much about it, so I don't really know where to begin.

但问题是,我对于这方面不是很了解,所以我不知道从哪入手。

I saw this poster about work-study programs.

我看到了这一张勤工俭学项目的海报,

Can you tell me something about that?

你能跟我详细的说一下是什么情况吗?

Employee: Well, I think you're talking about the government sponsored work-study program.

工作人员:好的,你说的是那个由政府支持的勤工俭学的项目对吧。

It works like this: you work on campus and get paid an hourly wage just like a regular job.

是这么回事,你在校园里工作,然后工资按时薪算,就像一份正常的工作一样。

However, instead of getting a paycheck, the money goes directly to your bill for your courses, but almost all work-study jobs pay minimum wage, which is usually pretty low.

但是,不同的是,你不会直接拿到薪水,你的工资会直接用来支付学费账单。但是几乎所有的勤工俭学项目都是按照最低工资给的,数额非常低。

The truth is: you might do better getting a job off campus since you can do whatever you want with the money, like paying your rent or... or buying textbooks.

事实上,如果你在校园之外找到一份工作的话,收入会更好,并且你拿到的工资可以任由你自己支配。比如说:你可以用来付房租,或者买教科书。

Student: Thanks! That's very useful. So how do I find out what's out there?

学生:谢谢你。你的信息对我来说非常有用。所以,我怎么样才能找到校外工作的一些信息?

Employee: Let me show you our catalogue of various programs as well as scholarships offered here.

工作人员:让我给你看看不同项目的目录,以及一些奖学金的目录吧。

That's your best bet really, if you can find a good scholarship, because you don't have to pay the money back.

如果你能获得一份好的奖学金的话,那对你来说是最好不过了,因为这样你就不用还钱了。

You might qualify if your grades are good enough or if you have the right background.

如果你的成绩够好,或者你的背景条件符合的话,你就有可能能申请到奖学金。

Student: Yeah, that sounds like something I should try for.

学生:好的,听上去我应该试一下。

Employee: Now, this is my desk-copy of the catalogue, but I can give you your own copy if you want.

工作人员:这是我的目录副本,但如果你想要的话,我给你复印一下给你一份

Oh yeah, be sure to visit the university library, too.

哦对了,你记得去学校图书馆看一下。

There's a whole section on financial aid including application forms.

那里有一整个区域,都是关于经济资助的,还包括了一些申请表也都在那里。

Student: Why isn't all the information listed in the catalogue? It'd be so much easier.

学生:为什么不是所有的信息都在这份目录本中呢?那样的话会简单很多。

Employee: Oh, if we did that, the catalogue would be too heavy to pick up.

工作人员:如果这样做的话,这本目录就会厚的拿也拿不起来了。

Civic clubs, foundations, organizations from all over the country offer scholarships or other financial assistance to college students and all kinds of companies have programs to help their employees' children go to college.

市民俱乐部,基金会,来自全国各地的机构向大学生提供奖学金或其他财政援助,各种公司有帮助员工的孩子上大学的资助项目。

If either of your parents works for a large corporation, have them check to see if their companies do that.

如果你的父母中有一位就职于大公司,让他们看看他们的公司有没有类似的项目。

Student: Okay. Good idea.

学生:好的,确实是这样。

Hey, my dad works for a big accounting firm and he's a member of a professional accounting organization.

哦对了,我的爸爸是一家很大的会计公司的员工,而且他是某一个专业会计组织的成员。

Do you think they'd offer financial aid?

你觉得这样的背景,我有没有可能会申请到奖学金?

Employee: Yes, that's fairly common, especially if you are planning to go into accounting.

工作人员:这很常见,尤其是如果你计划要走上会计这条道路的话

What are you studying?

你现在学的是什么?

What do you plan to do after you graduate?

毕业之后你计划要做些什么?

Student: I want to become a dentist.

学生:我想做牙医。

I'm enrolled in a pre-med program for dentistry.

我已经参加了一个牙医的预科项目。

Employee: Okay. So I'd suggest looking in the library for information on organizations that have to do with dentistry.

工作人员:好的。那么我建议你在图书馆里找找看和牙医学有关的机构组织的信息。

Any number of them might offer scholarships to students planning to join their profession.

他们也许会向想要加入牙医界的学生提供奖学金。

Student: I'll definitely investigate that one.

学生:好的,我肯定会去研究研究的。

Employee: Great! But be sure to talk to one of our librarians, too.

工作人员:那就好。同时也别忘记了和图书管理员聊一聊你的这件事。

They get the same questions over and over, so they can save you a great deal of time.

他们可能某些问题都被问了千百遍了,所以问他们会给你省很多时间的。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:态度题

题干分析:提问员工对于work-study program的态度

选项分析:

听到了学生的需求后,员工对这个项目进行了解释,并且说这个项目挣得少,而且钱直接抵消了学费,也就是说这个工资是不能做别的使用的,因此对应A选项。

B选项:没有提到申请难度的对比;

C选项:这里还没有提到学生学牙科;

D选项:与原文逻辑不符。
收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 41 Lec 2

下一题

Official 41 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消