原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to part of a conversation between a student and his theater professor.

旁白:请听一部分学生和他的戏剧教授的对话。

Student: Hi. Professor Davis.

学生:嗨。戴维斯教授。

Sorry I missed the class yesterday.

对不起,我错过了昨天的课。

I was just getting over a cold.

我的感冒刚刚好。

Professor: That's alright, Andrew.

教授:没关系的,安德鲁。

Feeling better now?

现在感觉好些了吗?

Student: Oh, yeah, fine.

学生:恩,是的,好些了。

Um, I had a question though.

嗯,我有一个问题。

For the mid-term, how much do we need to know like about the different acting styles?

关于期中考试,我们需要知道多少不同的表演风格?

Since the last few chapters have been on writing our own material, scripts and stuff... well... will the exam be about that?

自从上次几章就一直在写我们自己的材料,剧本和其他东西……考试是关于它的吗?

Or about stuff in the earlier chapters?

还是前面的章节?

Like... um... Oh, Andrew.

像是……嗯… 哦,安德鲁。

Before I forget, I will get to your question, but, now, don't leave without taking the tickets for tomorrow's field trip.

在我忘记之前,我将回答你的问题,但是,现在,不要没拿到明天旅行的车票就离开。

I have a last-minute meeting so I can't make it after all.

我有一个临时会议,反正无论如何也是赶不上(旅行)的

But since you helped organize the trip, I'll let you hand out the tickets.

但既然你帮助组织了这次旅行,我会让你的分发车票的。

I've got everything you need right here.

我这里有你需要的一切。

Student: Sure, no problem.

学生:好的,没问题。

Professor: And you don't need directions to the theater.

教授:还有你不需要去剧院的地址是吧。

You've been there before, right?

你以前去过那里对吧?

Student: Yup.

学生:是的。

Professor: Good.

教授:好。

Oh, oh, also, please remind everyone about the reception afterward.

哦,对了,还有,请提醒大家后面有个招待会。

It'll be an opportunity to ask Alan Altman about his acting in the play, which we can discuss in class next week.

会有一个机会问艾伦•奥尔特曼关于他在戏剧中的表演,我们可以下周在课堂上讨论。

Student: Ok, I'll tell them.

学生:好的,我会告诉他们的。

It's really something!

这确实很了不起!

I mean, I know our acting professors must in plays all the time, but it isn't every day you get to see one right here in town.

我知道我们表演系的教授一定常常演戏,但是不是每天都有机会在城里看到他们演戏。

Professor: Oh, you might be surprised.

教授:是的,你会有惊喜的。

There's a calendar on the main bulletin board listing all the local productions that faculty are involved in.

在公告板上有一个日历列出了所有主要参与教员的名单。

Student: Well, it seems like Professor Altman is a really popular actor.

学生:嗯,好像奥特曼教授是一个非常受欢迎的演员。

I just read his bio in the local paper.

我只是读过他在当地报纸的人物简介。

I know the critics always praise him, but I had no idea he was such a commercial success, too.

我知道评论家总是赞美他,但我不知道他在商业上如此成功。

And it said he just won an award last year for... uh... playwriting, wasn't it?

上面说他去年刚得了一个奖项……额……因为编写剧本,是吧?

Professor: Well, there is a general playwriting category, but actually, his award was for script adaptation.

教授:好吧,有一个大概的剧本创作范畴,但实际上,他获奖是因为剧本改写。

He adapted a novel into a play.

他把一个小说改编成一部戏剧。

Student: Script adaptation?

学生:剧本改编?

Professor:Oh, it's a very specialized skill.

教授:哦,这是一个非常专业的技能。

Writing a play based on some other written work, novels, short stories.

基于一些其他的书面作品,小说,短篇,写一个戏剧。

Now we've been studying original plays, which are pretty much based on the writer's imagination.

现在我们一直在研究原创戏剧,都是基于作者的想象力。

But think about adapting a script...

但是想想改写剧本……

Student: Yeah, seems like it might be easier, like to start with something that's already written.

学生:是的,看起来可能会更容易一些,从已经写好的东西开始。

Professor: Well, actually think about it, transferring that material to a whole different genre, from narration to live dialogue.

教授:实际上想一下,把材料改成完全不同的体裁,从叙述变成生动的对话。

Imagination is a part of it, sure, but it also requires a lot of technical knowledge of about theater production, acting and so on.

想象力是其中一部分,这是自然,但是它也需要很多专门知识,关于戏剧作品,表演等等。

So Professor Altman, for example, he took a novel and made it into a play, dealing with all the different conventions that plays have.

以奥特曼教授为例,他选择了一部小说改写成了戏剧,处理了戏剧所具有的所有不同惯例。

You know, like limitations of scene changes and... uh... well, it'd be a good thing to ask him about it at the reception tomorrow.

你知道,像场景变化的局限性和……嗯……在明天的招待会上问他会是一件好事。

Student: Yeah, sounds like an interesting topic.

学生:是的,听起来是一个很有趣的主题。

Professor: Oh, and before I forget, the packet with the tickets has a list of the students' addresses.

教授:哦,趁我还记着,装着票的包里有学生们的地址单。

Since Ivan is picking you up first, you can direct the driver to the other students' dorms.

由于伊凡是先接你,你可以指导司机去其他学生的宿舍。

Student: Sure. That was the plan.

学生:好的,我也这样计划的。

Professor: Okay, good. Now, about the mid-term...

教授:好的,现在,关于期中考试……

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:主旨题

选项分析:开篇学生提问关于midterm的一些事情,但是professor立马抢话说了一个关于field trip的安排,对应D选项;文章中段提到一位professor,并且讲到了他获得的奖项,对应C选项。

A选项讲到的其实是学生来的目的,但是这道题是内容主旨题,不是目的主旨,所以不能选。

B选项是一个细节,也不能做主旨题答案。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 43 Lec 2

下一题

Official 43 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消