原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.

旁白:听一段一个学生和一个教授之间的对话。

Student: Hi professor, I was hoping to ask you a few questions about the class you're teaching next semester, the course on Polish drama.

学生:嗨教授,我想问你几个关于你下学期的波兰戏剧的课程。

I was thinking of taking it.

我在想上这门课。

Professor: Well, that's an upper division course.

教授:嗯,那是一个高年级课程。

You don't look familiar to me.

我对你不是很熟悉。

Are you a student in this department?

你是这个系的学生吗?

Student: No, actually I'm not.

学生:不,我不是。

Professor: Ok, have you had other classes in the Slavic languages department, here or somewhere else?

教授:好的,你在斯拉夫语言系部门还上过其他课程吗,无论是在这里还是其他地方?

Student: No, that's the thing.

学生:不,这正是我想说的。

I was just wondering how good my Polish would have to be whether the class is taught Polish or not.

我只是在想,无论课程是否以波兰语教授,我的波兰语水平需要达到多好。

Professor: Well, you'd have to have some knowledge of it.

教授:嗯,你得有一些关于波兰语的知识。

By that level a lot of students are quite fluent, plus there're some native speakers in the department.

达到这个水平,很多学生都很流利,另外,系里有一些波兰语为母语的学生。

And we don't plan for it to happen, but it's pretty common for the discussions to kind of move in and out of English and Polish and it can be difficult to follow.

我们本来不是这么计划的,但是讨论中一会儿用英语一会儿用波兰语,还是很常见的,这可能会让人难以跟上。

So, how well do you speak Polish?

那么,你说波兰语到底说得怎样呢?

Student: Hmm, not so great.

学生:嗯,不是很好。

It's just that my father's from there.

我父亲来自那里。

So I'm interested in learning about...

所以我有兴趣学习……

You know, Polish history, Polish culture, plus I'm studying drama. I'll probably major in it.

你知道,波兰的历史,波兰的文化,加上我正在学习戏剧。我可能会主修这个方向。

I love plays. So I thought your course might be perfect.

我喜欢戏剧。所以我认为你的课程可能是完美的。

Professor: Hmm, to be honest with you, you have to realize that we'll be watching videos of performances.

教授:嗯,老实说,你必须意识到,我们会看表演的视频。

And maybe if we can swing it, even watch a live performance and those won't necessarily be in translation.

或许,如果我们能行的话,甚至会看一场现场演出,而那些可能都没有翻译。

Also, texts, texts are sometimes available in translation.

此外,文本,文本有时可能是翻译过的。

But even then some references will be to the original.

但即使这样,一些参考文献是原版的。

I'd hope you'd be fairly confident in reading.

我希望你对阅读这些要有自信。

Student: Hmm, to be honest, it sounds totally over my head.

学生:嗯,老实讲,我感觉有点懵。

Professor: You know what? I believe they'll be offering a survey course on Polish literature.

教授:你知道吗?我相信他们会提供一个关于波兰文学的概况课程。

Let me check here. Yes, I thought it was being offered this time, Professor Jowaski is teaching it.

让我看看。是的,是有这样的课程,Jowaski教授教它。

Let's see. It covers the major works, you know, epic romantic poetry, the novels, and it does cover one or two plays.

让我想想。它涵盖了主要的作品,史诗浪漫的诗歌,小说,它确实包括一部或两部戏剧。

Student: And this is in English?

学生:那么这是英文的吗?

Professor: Yes, you'll be reading mostly English translations and the discussions will be in English.

教授:是的,你阅读的大部分是英文翻译,讨论也是用英语进行的。

Student: Hmm, novels and poetry.

学生:嗯,小说和诗歌。

Professor: They'll provide you with a great historical context for the plays.

教授:它们会为你提供这些戏剧的宏大的历史背景。

So when you do get to them, you're gonna really have a feel for the times they lived in, so to speak.

所以可以说,当你开始接触到这些戏剧的时候,你真的会感受到他们生活的时代的情况。

Plus this course might also give you the impetus to learn more Polish, you know, get it to the level where you'd be ready for the other class.

再加上这个课程也可能会给你动力去学习更多的波兰语,你知道,达到你将要学习的其它课程所需要达到的水平。

Student: Hmm.

学生:嗯。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:主旨题

选项分析:学生开篇就提到了自己想要上professor教的Polish Drama课程,但是不确定这门课对Polish的语言程度要求如何,所以来找professor询问,整篇对话围绕这个话题开展,对应B选项。

A选项:学生自己讲英文,但是本文并不是讨论学生是否应该选哪个专业;

C选项:学生想学Polish Drama,不是Polish history;

D选项:本文不是讨论学生如何提高Polish能力的。
收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 48 Lec 2

下一题

Official 48 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消