原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a librarian.

旁白:接下来听一段学生和图书管理员之间的对话。

Student: Hi, I need to get into special collections, in particular the British Literature.

学生:嗨,我需要阅读一些特色馆藏,尤其是英国文学(方面的)。

I was working with some of the William Blake books.

我正着手于威廉•布莱克的一些书籍。

Librarian: Well, then you must know that that access is restricted.

图书馆员:那么,你一定知道使用权是受到限制的。

Student: Um, I was in a seminar with Professor Gray and she authorized access for us.

学生:嗯,我曾经参加过Gray教授的研讨会,我们得到她的授权。

Librarian: Oh, if that's the case, let me check.

图书馆员:哦,如果是这样的话,让我看一下。

Right. Yeah. But it looks like that expired at the end of last semester

好的,但貌似授权在上学期末到期了。

Student: But I really need to get back in there.

学生:但是,我确实需要回到那里。

See... I didn't quite finish my project.

我还没有完成我的项目。

Librarian: Aha! The plot thickens.

图书馆员:啊哈!事情越来越复杂了。

Well, it's easy enough.

嗯,(要授权)很容易。

Have Professor Gray authorize you again.

让Gray教授再授权你一次。

You see, these editions are rare and shouldn't be handled more than necessary.

你知道,这些版本是非常稀有的,要避免不必要的使用。

Can you work from later editions or microfilm?

你能不能使用一些新的版本或缩微胶片?

Student: Not really.

学生:不行。

Actually my project... Well, it involves some annotations in the particular edition here.

事实上,我的项目……嗯,它涉及一些特定版本里的注释。

They haven't been reproduced because they are really not part of the text.

它们没有被复制,因为它们不是文本的一部分。

You know, they generally clean them up.

你知道,他们一般把这些注释都去除掉。

They are quite hard to see.

(新版本里)很难看到这些注释。

Librarian: Well, often the characteristics of the manuscripts have been recorded.

图书管理员:通常,手稿的特性已经被记录下来。

These types of extraneous markings might also be noted.

这些外在的标记也可能被记录下来了。

Student: I don't think they are.

学生:我不认为这些注释被记录下来了。

They are very faint, and, well, I think I have a new angle on them.

它们非常模糊,而且,嗯,我想我对它们有新的诠释。

There was a study once a long time ago about these notes that everybody else has taken for granted without checking for themselves.

在很久以前,有一个关于这些注释的研究,其他人在没有审核的情况下,理所当然地把研究结果作为依据。

I think there might have been a mistake in the past, that they were misread.

我觉得过去(的研究)可能存在某些错误,这些注释被错误地诠释了。

Librarian: So get Professor Gray...

图书馆员:所以,获得Gray教授的……

Student: Uh... she's away this semester. I had to beg her to give me extra time on this project.

学生:嗯……她这学期外出了,我只能请求她给我这个项目延期。

I haven't even received a grade in the class yet.

我还没收到这门课程的分数呢。

And this class is a prerequisite for other classes in my major.

并且,对于我这个专业来说,这门课程是选修其它课程的先决条件。

I really need to see those books so I can finish up this project and get back on course to graduate on time.

我真的需要去读一下那些书,这样我才可以完成这个项目,然后回到正轨,按时毕业。

Librarian: Everybody has special circumstances.

图书馆员:每个人都有特殊情况。

Student: Two hours? One hour?

学生:两个小时?一个小时?

I promise to be careful.

我保证一定要小心。

I just need to look at a few pages with a strong magnifying glass.

我只需要用放大镜看几页。

Librarian: Well, I can't let you in without authorization from your professor.

图书管理员:在没有教授授权的情况下,我不能让你擅自进入。

Can you get in touch with her somehow?

你能和她联系吗?

Student: Maybe she'd be checking her email.

学生:也许她会检查她的电子邮件。

I really thought I would be able to straighten this out without her.

我真的认为我能在没有她的情况下解决这个问题。

You know, she did me a huge favor by giving me the extra time.

你知道,她给了我很大的帮助,给我额外的时间。

I feel like I'm skating on thin ice with her.

我觉得我和她的关系如履薄冰。

Librarian: You know, you were lucky to have had permission to look at the books last semester.

图书馆员:你知道,上学期你有幸获得看书的权利。

If we don't maintain our policies, they'll disintegrate.

如果我们不秉持我们的政策,它们就会被破坏。

Student: I know. Would an email from her or a phone call be good enough?

学生:我知道了。只是她的一封电子邮件或电话可以吗?

Librarian: Of course.

图书馆员:当然。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类: 细节题

题干分析: later editions or reproductions of a book可以作为细节题定位点

选项分析:

学生想要看某写资料的需求被否决了,因为这需要professor的授权,但是他的授权已经过期。为了解决这个问题,librarian提出了第一个建议就是later edition 或者 microfilm。但是学生明确表示不行,因为学生需要文献中的annotations。但是这些注释被cleaned up了。所以,从这个逻辑来讲,D最为准确。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 50 Lec 4

下一题

Official 49 Lec 1
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消