原文
详解

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and the head of building maintenance.

旁白:请听一段学生和建筑维护主管之间的对话。

Teacher: Can I help you?

老师:我有什么可以帮助你的吗?

Student: Yeah, I um... I’m taking summer classes right now and they put me in Robert’s Dormitory, offered by the library.

学生:有的,我,嗯……我现在在修读暑假课程,他们把我安排住在了罗伯特宿舍,是由图书馆提供的。

Teacher: Ok.

老师:好的。

Student: And I guess they are painting the library or doing something to the outside of the building?

学生:我猜他们在给图书馆刷漆或者在对建筑外表做什么东西?

Teacher: Ah... yes, they are. They are replacing the bricks on the outside walls.

老师:啊……是的。他们在换外墙的砖。

Student: Well, whatever it is, it’s like... really disturbing, for those of us with windows facing the library.

学生:好吧,不论是什么,这……这真的很烦人,对于我们这些宿舍窗户对着图书馆的人来说。

They are working on the wall right opposite us.

他们就在我们宿舍对面的墙上作业。

I mean, dust is everywhere coming in the windows, and, the noise, cause we are like... what, ten feet away.

我的意思是,到处都是尘土,飘进窗子来,还有,噪音,就好像我们只有十英尺远。

And... well, it is just not a pretty picture.

还有……好吧,总之不是什么好事。

Teacher: Right, well, that’s why we waited until now to start work on it.

老师:好的,嗯,这就是为什么我们等到现在才动工。

I mean, most students have already left campus for summer vacation.

我的意思是,大多数的学生已经离校去过暑假了。

Student: Yeah, but Robert’s Hall has been used by all the summer students.

学生:是的,但是罗伯特宿舍是给所有读暑期课程的学生住的。

Teacher: Really?

老师:真的吗?

The housing didn’t notify us of that.

宿管部门并没有通知我们这件事情。

Student: Yeah. It’s pretty full.

学生:是的。几乎住满了。

I mean, I can’t sleep at night, because of the smell and the dust and...

我的意思是,我晚上都无法入睡,因为难闻的气味和尘土……

You know, I’d love to just like close the windows but you know (it’s) being summer now.

还有,你知道,我希望关上窗户睡觉,但是现在已经入夏了。

Teacher: Yes, I know.

老师:是的,我明白。

There is no air-conditioning in that building.

那栋宿舍楼里没有空调。

Student: Right! So I mean, we got five more weeks of classes left, and we were really wondering how much longer they are going to be working on that particular wall.

学生:是的!所以我的意思是,我们还有五个星期的课要上,我们真的想知道他们还要在这面墙上施工多久。

Because maybe it’s going to be a while.

因为也许还是要施工一段时间的。

Do you think they could maybe work on a different side of the building for now, one that's not facing people’s dorm rooms, and wait until the students are gone?

你觉得他们可能现在先去另一面墙施工,去一面和我们宿舍窗户不对着的墙施工吗,等着学生都走掉?

To come back and finish this side?

然后再回来修这一面?

I mean, that way the dust and noise won’t be coming directly into our windows while we are here.

我的意思是,那样的话在我们住在这里的时候尘土和噪音就不会直接进入我们的窗户。

Teacher: You know, I wish it weren’t being done this way and it doesn’t make sense.

老师:你知道,我也不希望事情这个样子,这真的不可理喻。

But... this particular decision was made by a special committee and their plan was finalized several months ago.

但是……这个决定是一个特别委员会定下来的,而且他们的计划几个月前就敲定了。

They just didn’t realize there would be students in Robert’s Hall now.

他们就是单纯不知道罗伯特宿舍还会有人在住。

Student: Yeah.

学生:好吧。

Teacher: Plus, well, the equipment is all set up, you know, the scaffolding is up on that side of the building and... oh it just wouldn't be practical to have the construction workers move everything to another side and leave a whole side of the library all torn out like that.

老师:另外,嗯,设备已经搭建起来了,你知道,脚手架在楼旁边都已经搭好了……哦,让建筑工人把这些设备移到另一面墙,留下图书馆现在这整一面都挖开了,并不实际。

Student: I guess not.

学生:我不这么想。

Isn’t there another dorm open anywhere?

就没有其它开着的宿舍楼了吗?

Teacher: Not that I know.

老师:据我所知没有。

Oh, wait.

哦,等等。

I overheard someone saying today that Manchester Hall isn’t being used by the city’s summer camp after all.

我今天听什么人提到曼切斯特宿舍根本就没有被城市夏令营使用。

You know, most years they house their participants in that dorm all summer.

你知道,一般他们都会安排他们的参与者整个夏天住在那里。

Student: Well, there is an idea.

学生:嗯,这倒是个主意。

Teacher: Now it’s a smaller dorm and it’s a little out of the way but... well, I bet... I bet they could move the affected student from Robert’s Hall.

老师:这栋宿舍有点小,而且路途有点远,但是……嗯,我打赌……打赌他们可以把受影响的学生从罗伯特宿舍迁到那里去。

Student: Wow, I think a lot of people would definitely appreciate that.

学生:哇哦,我觉得肯定有很多人感激这个办法。

Teacher: Ok, well, let me call the housing people and I will get back to you.

老师:好的,嗯,让我给宿管部门打个电话,我会再找你的。

Leave me your name and number, ok?

留下你的名字和电话,好吗?

I will let you know what I find out.

等我得到答案了我会告诉你的。

Student: Great. Thanks.

学生:太好了。感谢。

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
题目详解
反馈

题型分类:细节题

题干分析:题目问学生建议建筑工人做的事情

选项分析:

学生在这里提出了自己的诉求,希望工人可以先施工楼房的另一面,等学生们走了再施工这一边,因此对应D选项。

选项A和B是对话中没有提到等事情;

选项B说晚一些再开工;

选项C说去装修另一幢楼,属于偷换概念,学生仅仅希望可以让施工换一个位置,或者自己换一个宿舍,并不是让施工换一个楼。

收藏
讨论

上一题

Official 50 Lec 2

下一题

Official 50 Lec 3
发送
取消
发表评论
发送

  • 回复
  • 复制
  • 删除

取消